Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA-Cops hold down 21 y/o female while third cop sics dog on her.

Exclamation VA-Cops hold down 21 y/o female while third cop sics dog on her.

Causing some gruesome wounds.

Two Cops Hold Down 110 lb College Student, While Third Cop Releases K-9 to Tear Her Apart

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...0H51b2eGX6C.99

Norfolk, VA — A 21-year-old Army private was hospitalized with severe wounds after an incident involving three Norfolk Police officers.

London Colvin is a second-semester junior and Sociology major at Norfolk State University and a private in the 3rd Brigade, 318th Regiment and 78th Training Division, based at Fort Belvoir.

Colvin was at an off-campus party early Sunday morning when a fight broke out. According to her cousin, her and her friends were leaving when the police showed up.

“She was at a party off campus. She said that a fight broke out, and she had nothing to do with the fight. She did say she was at the party, and her and her friends were leaving,” said Whitney Dunn, the victim’s cousin. “She was definitely being loud – she did admit to that.”

Dunn explained to Potomac Local the series of events leading up to the attack:

She told her family that one of the police officers approached her as she was leaving the party to question her. She also told her family that she had nothing to do with the situation, so she didn’t want to talk to the officer.

Colvin was completely within her rights to not to talk to the police officers. Also, unless she was being detained, she would’ve not had to stop. Dunn explains what happened next:

“Her and her friends continued to walk, and she said that she definitely continued to be loud, however they were walking away. The two other police officers approached her – asked her to stop. Whatever the case may be, they had her down on the ground when the dog came. Two of the police officers restrained her on the ground, and then they allowed the dogs to attack her.”

Colvin’s leg was subsequently torn to shreds after the dog was released.

Colvin was later transported to a nearby hospital, where she received 40 stitches to close some of wounds on her leg.

Officer Daniel Hudson with the Norfolk Police Department explains why the dog was used:

“When we have a crowd that large, we release dogs for crowd management,” he says. “Our dogs are trained to bite in areas that will not cause life-threatening injuries.”

According to Hudson, the woman—whom her father describes as 5-foot-3 and 110 pounds—was fighting with two officers as they were trying to restrain her.

“They gave her demands to stop resisting, and when she didn’t respond, the third officer released the dog to physically contain her and maintain control,” he says. “She was actively fighting back with the officers.”

Hudson claims that releasing the dog helped free up the two officers so they could return to trying to subdue the crowd.

Apparently two men, trained in subduing combative suspects, couldn’t get handcuffs on a 110 pound woman, nor could any of the officers reach a taser, or pepper spray. Instead the choice was made to sic the K-9.

Officer Hudson confirmed that there are charges pending against Colvin but could not verify the exact charges.

“How I felt about the situation was, and how I think my whole family feels about the situation is – we can understand her getting arrested, because she was being disorderly or anything like that – however she didn’t have a weapon. She can’t put her hands up, or remove her hands from anywhere, or do anything because she’s being restrained by two police officers. So to allow the dog [to attack] is the only thing that we have a problem with,” said Dunn.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds more like they wanted to give their stinking dog a treat.

Destruction of government property.

If only she'd been wearing her hero uniform...........

How the hell does a dog help subdue a person? If a dog is biting my leg, I'm going to get a hell of a lot more agitated.

Black and not actively committing a crime.
    Move along, media.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Destruction of government property.
    Government Issue... Expendable... In their eyes.

They only see them as valuable for emotional value to "support the troops," when the MIC lobbyist want another war where more troops will get killed.

Oh my god. That is a truly horrible wound.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, a dog is ripping up your leg and the cops are telling you to stop resisting. Makes perfect sense.

Oh, ok, so basically they used the dog as kind of a stun gun.

Ok that makes sense. I'm glad the officers are OK.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Causing some gruesome wounds.
    The important thing is that using the dog freed up the two officers. They had an important job to do, in maintaining the safety of the people leaving the party.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 01-28-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I'm not sure why a dog was necessary. Seems like they could have stabbed her in the leg and it would have had same effect.
    - Kim Kardashian

It seems to me like the use of "attack dogs" by the police is a violation of the constitutional amendment that forbids "cruel and unusual" punishments. It's not a "tactic", it is an on-the-spot punishment that is meted out at their whim, and without due process of law.

We really need to have some sort of national movement to ban the use of police attack dogs. Animal lovers could be brought on board with all the stories of how cops abuse these animals ("forgetting" them to die in hot vehicles, kicking them to death during "training", etc).

I'm glad the police showed up to keep everyone safe. I'm sure they prevented harm or injury from a fight that broke out...oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    It seems to me like the use of "attack dogs" by the police is a violation of the constitutional amendment that forbids "cruel and unusual" punishments. It's not a "tactic", it is an on-the-spot punishment that is meted out at their whim, and without due process of law.

We really need to have some sort of national movement to ban the use of police attack dogs. Animal lovers could be brought on board with all the stories of how cops abuse these animals ("forgetting" them to die in hot vehicles, kicking them to death during "training", etc).
    Does the constitution even matter anymore? Serious question.

Knights of the Realm siccing their trained attack dog on a peasant female?

Clearly she did something to deserve it. Possession of higher IQ than both humans combined. Minding her own business. Walking away while not being a police officer.

She should be ashamed of herself.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    looks like she'll have a place to hide her small caliber pistol now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Does the constitution even matter anymore? Serious question.
    No, no it does not.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-29-2015 at 08:48 PM.

I feel freer now that this girl has been mauled. I think some of you mundanes are being ungrateful. 'Murica, $#@! yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Oh my God, I can't look away from that horrible, gaping hole in her leg.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I feel freer now that this girl has been mauled. I think some of you mundanes are being ungrateful. 'Murica, $#@! yeah!

Nothing like breaking up a fight by picking on a random girl leaving the party and 3 cops pouncing on her and a police dog taking out a chunk of her thigh. That'll show the people that were done fighting 20 minutes ago not to mess with the cops...

Police Chief -still employed- apologizes for his officer's action, promises appropriate punishment.

Full Interview: Police chief on NSU student attacked by K-9

.I will address my officers’ actions through our disciplinary process.

My review of the policies governing the use of police canines continue.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Oh my god. That is a truly horrible wound.
    Yes it is

It's all okay know because we have a black president.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Yes it is
    It's non lethal. Kinda like bean-bag rounds.
    - Kim Kardashian

Weird how cops can shoot a small dog that has it's paw up because "they feared for their lives" and that's acceptable, yet when they sic one of their own truly viscious attack dogs on you you'd better just take the mauling, or else it's resisting arrest and a felony for defending yourself from the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Weird how cops can shoot a small dog that has it's paw up because "they feared for their lives" and that's acceptable, yet when they sic one of their own truly viscious attack dogs on you you'd better just take the mauling, or else it's resisting arrest and a felony for defending yourself from the dog.
    What is this "defend yourself" talk, Mundane.

In all dealings with the King's men, you will submit, totally, and offer no resistance whatsoever to any correction they may be applying.

So their reasoning is that since she was successfully resisting two officers, a third one came in to institute pain compliance using a K9, so that two of the officers could manage a rowdy crowd leaving just a single officer to handle both a K9 and this woman all by themselves? Now that is some damn fine logic being implemented there... And of course we still have no idea of the charges she was resisting in the first place to warrant such abuse and arrest. (Please just tell me that it does not relate to a cigarette tax!)

—“It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Update:

The city of Norfolk has agreed to dismiss charges against a Norfolk State University student who was attacked by a police K-9 during her arrest last week.

Norfolk City spokeswoman Lori Crouch said City Attorney Bernard Pishko has “determined to move to dismiss the charges against” Colvin. She said Pishko has also offered to pay medical bills related to the January 25 incident that were not covered by insurance.
    James said charges won’t be dropped against Colvin immediately, as there are several steps the city attorney will need to take. According to James, Babineau plans to get Colvin’s late March court date moved up so the charges can be dropped sooner rather than later.
    http://wavy.com/2015/02/02/naacp-nor...t-nsu-student/

From the comments, this is why this sort of thing happens, too many people believe that if you do the least little thing "wrong" or illegal you deserve whatever happens to you (esp if you are black) :

Raoul Duke • 15 hours ago

What's the common thread in all of the police "brutality" cases brought to light in this country over the last year or so? The common thread is that if the "victim" is not misbehaving in the first place, none of this happens. None of it. NONE OF IT. How hard is that to figure out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast