Thread: Attorney General confirmation hearing starting now Day 1

Attorney General confirmation hearing starting now Day 1

C-SPAN 3 or AJAM

Dose it bother anyone else to have a AG named Lynch?

She's former Fed Reserve too.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Her answers are a bit alarming.

just one example: if a law is challenged on constitutional grounds, is it your opinion that the law should be defended?

the law should be defended as passed by this body.

big on fighting terrorism (even though most cases are created by the FBI w/ a patsy). and big on grants and training for local LE.
    sounds big on spying too.

-t

Feindstein and Lynch are talking back and forth about 215 and 12333 and most ppl in the room have no idea what is being discussed as well as 99.999% of the general public.

WOW!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Her answers are a bit alarming.

just one example: if a law is challenged on constitutional grounds, is it your opinion that the law should be defended?

the law should be defended as passed by this body.

big on fighting terrorism (even though most cases are created by the FBI w/ a patsy). and big on grants and training for local LE.
    sounds big on spying too.

-t
    That broad loves asset forfeiture too. She conveniently dropped a $450,000 civil forfeiture case last week! (Not saying it's a bad thing that it was dropped, but I question her motive.)

AG Nominee Loretta Lynch Boasts Having Seized $904 Million Through Asset Forfeitures in 2013 Alone
    http://benswann.com/ag-nominee-loret...in-2013-alone/

The Judge's questions for her will likely never be asked. Those and more on her here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...torney-General
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

She just stated that she thought NSA surveillance was constitutional.

Also F states rights. Fed law trumps state MJ laws.

she is BAD news!

-t

When was the last decent AG? Probably comes down to someone who did the least damage.

Lynch really is bad news though. Not a fan of her shenanigans with the FDNY.

Day 2 just started. Tune in!

-t

Reporter on now about how the Justice Dept hacked her computer, spied on her and attacked her.

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    UNI prof on unconstitutional and out of control Justice Dept.

obstruction and usurpation of legislative authority

separation of powers

-t

Inter agency targeting and harassing of conservative non-profit groups. DoJ at the center of it all.

-t

e-mail gate - the missing e-mails...

15 tax audits in 4 years same organization.

Loretta Lynch wants to keep marijuana illegal

Yesterday she was asked about Obama's quote:
    “As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol,”
    Lynch responded:
    “I certainly don’t hold that view and don’t agree with that view of marijuana,” she said. “I certainly think the president was speaking from his personal experience, personal opinion, neither of which I am able to share.”

She added that she does not support legalizing the substance.

“I can tell you that not only do I not support the legalization of marijuana, it is not the position of the Department of Justice currently to support the legalization,” Lynch said. “Nor will it be the position should I be confirmed as attorney general.”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...on-114690.html

60 million stoners simultaneously decided to call their congress critter for the very first time. Then took a bong hit and all forgot what that important thing they were going to do was.

-t