Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Baldwin: My Thoughts On The Movie "American Sniper."

Chuck Baldwin: My Thoughts On The Movie "American Sniper."

Chuck Baldwin: My Thoughts On The Movie "American Sniper."

As with millions of other Americans, I went to see the hugely popular Clint Eastwood-directed movie, "American Sniper." Here are some of my thoughts:

No one, at least not me, doubts the patriotism, courage, and sacrifice of our nation's military personnel--especially our combat forces. I certainly do not share Michael Moore's opinion that Chris Kyle (and our snipers in general) was a coward. Snipers have been effective in helping to wage America's wars since our War for Independence. In lawful combat, snipers are as needful as any other specialized fighting man.

My issue is not with Chris Kyle, or with any other American fighting man. My issue is with the justness of the war Chris Kyle was ordered to fight. Yes, I realize that we have an all-volunteer army; but let's be honest enough to admit that the vast majority of our young people joining the U.S. military sincerely believe that they are doing their patriotic duty by volunteering to conduct war against America's "enemies." They learn nothing else from family, school, movies and television, and church. The singular message they hear is that everything the U.S. military does is right and righteous and that every military engagement we fight is just and justified. I'm sure Chris Kyle was no different.

However, at the risk of sounding unpatriotic, after watching the real-life military exploits of Chris Kyle on the Big Screen, I left the theater extremely angry.

In the first place, Saddam Hussein and the country of Iraq had absolutely NOTHING to do with 9/11. G.W. Bush and Dick Cheney unabashedly lied to the American people about the necessity of America invading Iraq. We invaded Iraq under false pretenses; we occupied Iraq under false pretenses; and we took (and lost) thousands of lives under false pretenses.

Secondly, as I watched the depiction of U.S. Marines going house-to-house and kicking down doors, manhandling old men, women, and children, it occurred to me that these exact same tactics are now being employed by American police agencies against the people of the United States. Our so-called SWAT teams are nothing more than occupying military units. The strategies, philosophies, and tactics are exactly the same as soldiers in a war zone.

Thirdly, everyone, ask yourself these questions, what if instead of the place being Fallujah, Iraq, the place was Kansas City, Missouri? Instead of the invasion force being the U.S. military, it was military troops from Communist China or Russia? What if the occupying snipers were killing American women and children instead of Iraqi women and children? Would we still consider them "heroes?" And would we act any differently from the Iraqi people who were trying to defend their homes and communities against an occupying foreign power?

When I left the theater, I was not angry with Chris Kyle, who was apparently the best at what he did, I was angry with the politicians in Washington, D.C., who sent Chris Kyle into an unjust and undeclared war to wage war against people who posed NO imminent threat to the United States.

I am also angry with an American culture that seems to lack the discernment to recognize the difference between just and unjust war. I am further angered by ubiquitous U.S. propaganda against the Muslim people in general (especially by my Christian brethren).

It seems that hardly anyone recognizes that the power-elite are engaged in global conspiracy to pit the Muslim nations of the Middle East against the West and vice-versa. Our own CIA has been manipulating the internal affairs of the Middle Eastern states for decades. The CIA put Saddam Hussein in power. Where do you think those brand new hundred-dollar bills (in the amount of millions of dollars) stored between the walls of Hussein's house, wrapped in Bank of America wrappers, came from?

The CIA put Osama bin Laden in power. The CIA put ISIS in power. And dare we talk about the illegal drug-running operations that have been conducted by the CIA in both Middle Eastern and Far Eastern nations for at least a half-century?

I am angry with a federal government that cares absolutely nothing about our brave U.S. military personnel. They send them to fight unjust wars only then to treat them like second-class citizens in our VA hospitals. If DC truly cared about our military personnel, they would never ask them to risk life and limb except for those times that are truly necessary for the safety and security of the United States.

America has NO RIGHT to proclaim itself to be the world's policeman. It has NO RIGHT to send U.S. fighting men to vindicate the policies and prejudices of the United Nations. The President of the U.S. has NO RIGHT to invade and occupy foreign countries without a Declaration of War by Congress.

I am angry because in the name of fighting the War on Terror around the world, the American people are quickly losing the liberties guaranteed in our Constitution's Bill of Rights. And out of a misguided spirit of patriotism, the majority of the American people seem fine with it.

I am angry because our brave military troops are being asked to give their arms and legs and families and lives for the selfish, parochial, political, and economic interests of the ruling elite--and are also asked to take the lives of thousands of innocents in the process.

If you ask me, Chris Kyle was the victim of a sadistic and out-of-control federal leviathan that respects nothing. Not the rule of law. Not liberty--at home or abroad. Not family--our own military families or the families of other nations. Not constitutional government. Not national borders--our own or anyone else's. And certainly not the sacredness of life.

Yes, I left the movie "American Sniper" angry.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...26997970644468
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lots of idiots have commented there, calling him a liberal. Its pathetic.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Have no clue what a liberal is then. baseless ad hominem.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Correct, they clearly think a liberal is anyone who disagrees with Sean Hannity on any issue. They think that there are only 2 ideology packages. Unfortunately, many liberals think the same way. That anyone who disagrees with Obama and Al Sharpton is a Bush supporter, or racist or whatever.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

One of the commenters posted this picture.

Fish or cut bait, Chuck. WWJD?

Pastor Baldwin is spot-on! Most people who do not know what they are talking about spew the word 'Liberal' like they know what they are talking about. Has to be the public education!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Get ready, because Chris Kyle's widow is going to be invited to speak at the 2016 GOP Convention...I can feel it. And the eventual nominee is going to have to embrace her, because there won't be a dry eye in the room when she finishes her speech.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Get ready, because Chris Kyle's widow is going to be invited to speak at the 2016 GOP Convention...I can feel it. And the eventual nominee is going to have to embrace her, because there won't be a dry eye in the room when she finishes her speech.
    I'm prepared. I have to wonder how Ron Paul would react in that situation (we know Rand will pander, as he pretty much must with this one.)
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I'm prepared. I have to wonder how Ron Paul would react in that situation (we know Rand will pander, as he pretty much must with this one.)
    Ron Paul wouldn't have a problem with some soldier's widow. I don't have any issue with her, but I am not a fan of Kyle. I don't see why people like dragging families into this.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Ron Paul wouldn't have a problem with some soldier's widow. I don't have any issue with her, but I am not a fan of Kyle. I don't see why people like dragging families into this.
    Yeah a weeping widow is a weeping widow, IMO. Ingrained chivalry, I guess.

I wasn't so much thinking he'd have a problem with her as the implications for militarism.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I like Chuck,, but I have to disagree with him here.

The blatant propaganda and glorification of war (especially a war were should not be involved in) does not anger me as much as it disgusts and saddens me.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven. It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.
    Perhaps he forgets who will be the ground troops of the Beast.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I wasn't so much thinking he'd have a problem with her as the implications for militarism.
    And that's the point of bringing her there (if they do, and I'm almost certain they will). They know the GOP base will eat it up, wave their flags, and cry buckets. And don't you DARE say one word of criticism, or else you're a cold-hearted snake beating up on a poor, defenseless widow who only wants to share the story of her brave husband who fought for your freedom, you ungrateful pinko.

And that's the point of bringing her there (if they do, and I'm almost certain they will). They know the GOP base will eat it up, wave their flags, and cry buckets. And don't you DARE say one word of criticism, or else you're a cold-hearted snake beating up on a poor, defenseless widow who only wants to share the story of her brave husband who fought for your freedom, you ungrateful pinko.
    And then the GOP base will demand more young men go overseas so we can have more crying widows and orphans.

It sucks. I get more cynical with each passing year.

I can only imagine the speech.

"Let's honor my husband's legacy by never giving up in the fight against terror!"

(thunderous applause)
    Stop believing stupid things

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Fighting for the New World Order is pretty damn un-American if you ask me. But then what do I know?

Great article. I wouldn't go so far as to call Chris Kyle a "victim", though. I think he knew what he was getting into and did it because he had an excuse. Why do you think he told that story about shooting people from atop the dome in New Orleans? I don't have a problem with saying he was brainwashed and that society is partially responsible for him thinking he had to fight for America, but to call him a "victim"? I don't think so.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Wow, yeah, don't read the comments unless you want an aneurysm.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Pastor Baldwin is spot-on! Most people who do not know what they are talking about spew the word 'Liberal' like they know what they are talking about. Has to be the public education!
    Or from Faux news and "conservative talk radio" namely that horrible host Hannity (Mr. you don't agree with me and your ideas suck because you are a "liberal"). My dad constantly yells and screams about "liberals". It drives him nuts when I say that I am a "liberal". I follow up with classical liberal and talk about what the term is supposed to mean. He hasn't stopped yet but I have faith. He went from "no way in hell am I voting for that crazy Ron Paul guy" in '08 to not only voting for Ron in '12 but spreading the word which is hard for him to do comfortably through his job because he works for a major "conservative type of political group" and they mainly push neocons
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Nothing says Freedom like outlawing everything
    I make videos at my YouTube channel. Home of my aquaponics diary. Feel free to subscribe, thumbs up, comment or leave nasty messages, I love them all.

Yeah, I bitcoin! And I love donations!! 1Fs2JaaWVhp69yvUxuTnofomowejZLuMru

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This should help them think...

Just about everything Baldwin writes increases my respect for him.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

He was way too easy on Chris Kyle himself. In my job I do a lot of business with the military, and of there is anything that always irks me about the attitudes of soldiers when they talk about these issues with me, it is their unflinching nationalism and cold heart for killing the infidels.

Quote Originally Posted by TomKat View Post
    Or from Faux news and "conservative talk radio" namely that horrible host Hannity (Mr. you don't agree with me and your ideas suck because you are a "liberal"). My dad constantly yells and screams about "liberals". It drives him nuts when I say that I am a "liberal". I follow up with classical liberal and talk about what the term is supposed to mean. He hasn't stopped yet but I have faith. He went from "no way in hell am I voting for that crazy Ron Paul guy" in '08 to not only voting for Ron in '12 but spreading the word which is hard for him to do comfortably through his job because he works for a major "conservative type of political group" and they mainly push neocons
    I don't understand why anyone would identify as a "classical liberal" in the 21st century. As a self-identified reactionary, I certainly understand appreciating old ideas, and wanting to hearken back to an older political order. That being said, I don't get the "classical liberal" label. Why not just call yourself a libertarian? Classical economics are dated and wrong compared to modern free market schools of thought, like the Austrians, Chicago and of course the Neoclassicalists. I don't see any reason to identify that way, other than to confuse people. The liberal label belongs to the left now, it has for ages now.

Anyway, Chuck Baldwin is great. I was a registered Constitution party member for a while, in my first voting-age election in 2008 but it's a pretty facile thing to be in California. I was probably the only one for miles and miles.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    America will be in a different place by the time elections hit.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Idiots that dont have any arguments so they use insults to prove a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    He was way too easy on Chris Kyle himself. In my job I do a lot of business with the military, and of there is anything that always irks me about the attitudes of soldiers when they talk about these issues with me, it is their unflinching nationalism and cold heart for killing the infidels.

I absolutely loved what he wrote but I agree he was too soft on Chris.

Dude was on their soil, in their land, raiding their homes, murdering their women and children....And he called them "savages"???

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    LOL. This type of thing always reminds me of Dick Morris calling Ron Paul a "left-wing radical."

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    America will be in a different place by the time elections hit.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I agree that he was too easy on him. Its probably a strategic error to all go the Laurence Vance route though, right though he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast