Thread: How to Make a Drinking Glass from a Beer Bottle

How to Make a Drinking Glass from a Beer Bottle

Good to know, in case I'm ever faced with the tough choice of buying either beer or glassware.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmm. Classy. My relatives would love this--and I do have some old Corona bottles that might turn out well.

You could probably use the top part as a watering/fertilizer delivery device for plants. (Upside-down, stuck in the dirt.)
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Hmm. Classy. My relatives would love this--and I do have some old Corona bottles that might turn out well.

You could probably use the top part as a watering/fertilizer delivery device for plants. (Upside-down, stuck in the dirt.)
    You relatives have excellent taste and I like your tip on a use for the top of the bottle. That settles it, I'll never buy glassware again.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You relatives have excellent taste and I like your tip on a use for the top of the bottle. That settles it, I'll never buy glassware again.
    Honestly, I probably won't either. I just need to get some fine sandpaper--or see if I have some around. It'll be rather fun.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Honestly, I probably won't either. I just need to get some fine sandpaper--or see if I have some around. It'll be rather fun.
    Don't forget the beer and no matter how good of an idea it seems at the time, I wouldn't drink all the beer and then attempt this project.

Don't forget the beer and no matter how good of an idea it seems at the time, I wouldn't drink all the beer and then attempt this project.
    Pfft. Are you saying that fire and various types of alcohol don't mix?

Okay mom.

Pfft. Are you saying that fire and various types of alcohol don't mix?
    Yes.

Trust me, I speak from experience.

Okay mom.
    Smartass...

How come, we never can have nice things? LOL!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How come, we never can have nice things? LOL!
    But we can have "nice" things with a 6 pack and a little know how.

But we can have "nice" things with a 6 pack and a little know how.
    And that there white litenin' comes in them purty Mason jars, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    And that there white litenin' comes in them purty Mason jars, right?
    Franzia Chillable Red is well suited to the mason jar wine glass.

You so crazy Suz, I respect that.

You so crazy Suz, I respect that.
    You know you secretly want one. Tip: Don't pay $10.00 for a fancy one. All you need is an old mason jar, glue and a "crystal" dollar tree candlestick holder. Glue the candlestick holder to the bottom of the mason jar and voila, you're drinkin' in style - the envy of all your friends. True story.

Looks more like a Thunderbird goblet to me.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...76.SHiFKb07nV8
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 01-28-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Used to have something like this as a kid. Looks like Walmart has them for around $15.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well that's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Used to have something like this as a kid. Looks like Walmart has them for around $15.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

You know you secretly want one. Tip: Don't pay $10.00 for a fancy one. All you need is an old mason jar, glue and a "crystal" dollar tree candlestick holder. Glue the candlestick holder to the bottom of the mason jar and voila, you're drinkin' in style - the envy of all your friends. True story.
    Maybe it's just me. I'm just not feeling the style part.

I seem to remember something fancy and stylish like that on an episode of the "Beverly Hillbillies".