Thread: Should non-citizens vote? Is ID a requirement?

Should non-citizens vote? Is ID a requirement?

I have a three part question and since they are not all directly linked I hope there aren't too many tangets.

1) is has been proposed in some areas that non-citizens who are here perminantly, be given the right to vote in local elections: where do you stand on this issue?

2) depending how you answer #1, would you open the elections to non-citizens who are not here perminantly?

3) does the requirement of using an ID card to be able to vote appeal to you or not?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Citizens vote. It is their right. Proving one's identity in order to vote is not a violation of rights.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.

- Charles Bukowski
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

- Winston Churchill
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.
    - Plato
    Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.

- John Adams
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

- Mahatma Gandhi
    " . . . democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."

- James Madison
    ... and to the Republic for which it stands ...

The Founding Fathers did everything in their power to prevent us from having a Democracy. When Benjamin Franklin exited the Constitutional Congress in 1787 a woman asked "Sir, what have you given us?" to which he replied "A Republic Ma'am, if you can keep it.

The idea that Non Citizens should vote is based on the concept that the United States is a Democracy. It is not. It was designed to be a Republic with some Democratic traits and characteristics. The actual voting was done by those who were most educated on the matters at hand and not those who sought to rewrite the laws to their favor, the Representatives. Now I could go on with this all damn day, but I'll keep this short. It doesnt matter whether Illegals are allowed to vote, as addressed in another thread of yours, we will do as much damage as any Illegal voting population could ever do at the Ballot Box.

He who votes has no power at all. He who counts the votes has all the power in the world.

Its not that I have something against voting. I do have something against the Illusion of Choice that people continue to fall for time and time again. But lets address your topic, at last. Should Non Citizens vote? Citizens of what? Citizens of Ohio vote in California Elections? Yeah, Im gonna have to go with NO on this one. And for the record, people that live in Washington DC, the ordinary people, not the Puppet Politicians in the District of Criminals, they are not considered to be State Citizens, but US citizens, so it depends greatly on your defentions and perspectives.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    I have a three part question
    All you have posted are questions.

Do you have any actual opinions or positions of your own?

Pretty much all of the questions have been discussed, Have you ever read this forum?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Pretty much all of the questions have been discussed, Have you ever read this forum?
    Do YOU think that foreigners should be allowed to Vote?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Do YOU think that foreigners should be allowed to Vote?
    I DO think they should be allowed to vote. In their own country and each respective State of that Country.

---

The Essence of Freedom is the Proper Limitation of Government.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-28-2015 at 07:33 AM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I think that any citizen who has received a check from government in the past year should NOT be permitted to vote.

This would include payroll and pensions, welfare, SSI, medi-care-aid-etc,student "loans", fannie/freddie mac "loans", any and all employees of "businesses" whose income is 35% or more from government contracts, farmers who accept "aid" and on and on.

The few thousand of us remaining might vote in someone who'd do something different even if "different" just means changing the payee line on all those checks...

[edit]

I'd add to the above by permitting anyone released from prison, not jail, to have their vote count 1-1/2 times for two years after their release unless they're re-incarcerated...

Reason being, nobody knows the inner workings of a government better than those who have been subjugated by it.
    Last edited by tod evans; 01-28-2015 at 07:51 AM.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-14-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Citizens of a county should be the only ones dictating the direction of that government.
    If ID proof is required to avoid the perversion of such an election process, so be it.

Nope!

Absolutely!

Perhaps he's just gathering evidence in order to build a case.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    ... and to the Republic for which it stands ...

The Founding Fathers did everything in their power to prevent us from having a Democracy. When Benjamin Franklin exited the Constitutional Congress in 1787 a woman asked "Sir, what have you given us?" to which he replied "A Republic Ma'am, if you can keep it.

The idea that Non Citizens should vote is based on the concept that the United States is a Democracy. It is not. It was designed to be a Republic with some Democratic traits and characteristics. The actual voting was done by those who were most educated on the matters at hand and not those who sought to rewrite the laws to their favor, the Representatives. Now I could go on with this all damn day, but I'll keep this short.
    I wish you didn't keep it short - id really like to dive into this topic further. Maybe you were right to keep it short as this subject could move off the OP topic. Would you care to open a new discussion for a more lengthy post? If you start it please share a link or direct me to start one.
    I will ask this - are we (were we intended to be) a republic or a democratic republic? If its the latter, does that not imply we were intended to have a vote?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I think that any citizen who has received a check from government in the past year should NOT be permitted to vote.
    An interesting idea. Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the founders intend for only land owners to vote?

I have a three part question and since they are not all directly linked I hope there aren't too many tangets.

1) is has been proposed in some areas that non-citizens who are here perminantly, be given the right to vote in local elections: where do you stand on this issue?

2) depending how you answer #1, would you open the elections to non-citizens who are not here perminantly?

3) does the requirement of using an ID card to be able to vote appeal to you or not?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

If government actually exists to protect our Rights, it wouldn't matter who voted. But as it stands, every time you select a candidate that in any way diminishes my Rights, you take yet another chunk of my Liberty away.
    Frankly, I doubt the veracity of that founding document. It's becoming apparent that their sole objective was to replace a foreign oligarchy with a native one; claiming that a divinely-authorized "popular sovereignty" to be morally equal to the Divine Right of Kings.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

How about only taxing the voters? (That might put a major kink in voter turnout. )

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How about only taxing the voters? (That might put a major kink in voter turnout. )
    Wasn't this already attempted?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a city in Maryland, Takoma Park, that allows non-citizens (and 16 year olds) to vote in municipal elections. I believe it is the only city in the country that allows this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...gBS_story.html

Wasn't this already attempted?
    Not that I'm aware of. Are you thinking of only letting taxpayers vote?

My idea only taxes voters. They want it, they get to pay for all of it.

My idea only taxes voters. They want it, they get to pay for all of it.
    I'd vote for that!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

An interesting idea. Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the founders intend for only land owners to vote?
    Land owners back then paid government, they weren't paid BY government.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-14-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

An interesting idea.

You know what's really interesting, TommyJeff? It's interesting that you ask a lot of very elementary questions, but you also seem to be very well-versed in these subjects. What is your background? It's sounds like you have a legal background. Did you ever work for an attorney or in a legal field?

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

...id really like to dive into this topic further. Maybe you were right to keep it short as this subject could move off the OP topic. Would you care to open a new discussion for a more lengthy post? If you start it please share a link or direct me to start one.

We do have some very lengthy discussions here. Threads can go multiple pages, so I would like to hear what a new member like yourself thinks about these subjects. Feel free to make a lengthy post of your own. Bouncing around from thread to thread can be confusing, so maybe just make it right here. Welcome again to the forums!

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Not that I'm aware of. Are you thinking of only letting taxpayers vote?

i was talking about the poll tax
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_ta...ited_States%29

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    What is your background? It's sounds like you have a legal background. Did you ever work for an attorney or in a legal field?

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
    I am in the medical field. never worked in the legal field, though I have read the Constitution more than once and dabble in the law as a bit of a hobby. how about you NCL?

I've asked TommyJeff to elaborate on his own positions in several threads... won't do it. Get the feeling he (she?) is either a student doing some lame trolling, or something similar. Just questions questions questions..... never any dialogue...

Come on TJ.... tell us who you really are... I've got a sack of troll bait for ya!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Come on TJ.... tell us who you really are...
    I'm guessing he's ZippyJuan, PRB, TheCount, or some other such progressive liberal. Regardless of who--he's obviously trying to accumulate as many posts as possible, as indicated by his multiple threads and pithy replies. He says things like this:

I wish you didn't keep it short - id really like to dive into this topic further.

The trouble is that he never dives into a topic.

The indicator that he is trying to accumulate posts is here:

I enjoyed your post. If this takes the OP too far off topic we can start a new one.
    AND HERE:

Would you care to open a new discussion for a more lengthy post? If you start it please share a link or direct me to start one.

Who in the world talks like that? LOL.

He says he's private, but initiated five friend requests in his first three days here. Makes himself look legit.

TommyJeff is a sock puppet account. I'd guess he wants to use it to + rep his other account because ZippyJuan, PRB, and TheCount have been neg repped a lot lately, and it's only a matter of time before their bar turns red. These guys are paid Democrat trolls. They know that a green bar gives them legitimacy. People will dismiss them with a red bar.

I made another post about how they want to shut down the site. I'm positive of that, but too bad for them because they're doing a lousy job.

Work harder, you knuckleheads! LOL

1) ABSOLUTELY NOT!

2) HELL NO!!

3) Yes, Voters need to produce trustworthy ID.