Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Bevin is running for Governor in Kentucky

Matt Bevin is running for Governor in Kentucky

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Thomas Massie had already backed James Comer.

Matt Bevin is running for governor in Kentucky

Tea party favorite Matt Bevin, who challenged Sen. Mitch McConnell in the Kentucky GOP Senate primary last year, made a surprise announcement Tuesday that he is running for governor in the Bluegrass State.

"After many months of prayer and consultation with my family and fellow Kentuckians all around our Commonwealth, I am pleased to announce that I am running for Governor of Kentucky," he said in a statement. "It is not a decision I have made lightly, but rather, after careful consideration of all the variables currently in this race."

Bevin's last-minute entry to the race will likely shake up the path to the GOP gubernatorial nomination, which is now a four-way race with no clear front-runner. In addition to Bevin, State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer, former Louisville Councilman Hal Heiner and former state Supreme Court Justice Will Scott are also running for the Republican nomination.

Although it remains unclear how Bevin's candidacy will change the dynamics of the race, Kentucky Republicans are bracing for a potentially prolonged fight that could damage the GOP in the general election.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...r-in-kentucky/
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-02-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    James Comer has my support. He is the closest to our views.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    James Comer has my support. He is the closest to our views.
    The fark guy running donated to dr. Pauls 2008 campaign, did either of these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The fark guy running donated to dr. Pauls 2008 campaign, did either of these guys?
    I don't know actually. I don't know much about the Fark guy but he seems libertarian-ish enough I guess. Comer and McDaniel have been out early racking up the endorsements and raising money. I think Jack Conway is going to win anyway. Comer will give him the stiffest test.

That's a tough row to hoe. People tend to want the mushiest moderates they can get for Gov. :-/

Just like with the Senate, I'm with him for Governor.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Just like with the Senate, I'm with him for Governor.
    Really? I really didn't like his Senate run at all.

Really? I really didn't like his Senate run at all.
    Why?
    Stop believing stupid things

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe Rand and Comer are pretty close so it would probably benefit paul to have the guy in the office and comer was quite good with the hemp issue so theres that.. beyond that I have no comment on bevin really..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Why?
    Bevin had this weird adverserial relationship with the Tea Parties. It was kind of bizarre. Especially in Northern Kentucky and Louisville, why not seek their support at all costs?

I don't know actually. I don't know much about the Fark guy but he seems libertarian-ish enough I guess. Comer and McDaniel have been out early racking up the endorsements and raising money. I think Jack Conway is going to win anyway. Comer will give him the stiffest test.
    It would be nice to see Rand campaign for whoever wins the primary, so he can help take out the conman again.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Does anybody have any evidence other than the Massie endorsement that Comer/McDaniel are anywhere near having liberty positions?
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Does anybody have any evidence other than the Massie endorsement that Comer/McDaniel are anywhere near having liberty positions?
    He's definitely not a liberty candidate.

All I am going to say is, Matt Bevin just got himself one hell of a CM. It's going to be an interesting race.

James Comer should be the one that we promote here. He is the only elected statewide GOP official and is an impressive candidate. Lets hope he can raise money because he's a good campaigner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    James Comer should be the one that we promote here. He is the only elected statewide GOP official and is an impressive candidate. Lets hope he can raise money because he's a good campaigner
    James Comer hasn't given me a reason to support him. "We" are not some sort of collective, so I will support the best candidate IMO Bevin. I haven't seen anybody give a reason to support Comer except perceived electability and a Massie endorsement before Bevin entered the race. Is the culmination of the fight for liberty to be pawns to get random people with an R behind their name elected?
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

James Comer was the only KY elected official to endorse Rand in the run-up to the Primary in 2010. What more do you want?
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    James Comer was the only KY elected official to endorse Rand in the run-up to the Primary in 2010. What more do you want?
    Say no more. That and Thomas Massie's endorsement are enough.

The thought had occurred to me a while back that Rand should have run for Governor this time around. Would put him in an even better position to run for President later.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Bevin had this weird adverserial relationship with the Tea Parties.

I don't see this as being true. In N. Ky Tea Partiers would were among his top volunteers in his Senate run.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    James Comer was the only KY elected official to endorse Rand in the run-up to the Primary in 2010.

I don't recall this. Do you have a source for this?

All four of the GOP Candidates would be a solid choice. At least that's what a County Chairperson relayed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    I don't see this as being true. In N. Ky Tea Partiers would were among his top volunteers in his Senate run.
    lol...then why did he disavow them in almost every high level interview he did? Maybe that was part of his plan...who knows.

lol...then why did he disavow them in almost every high level interview he did? Maybe that was part of his plan...who knows.

"lol"?
    Give me a quote or situation where he disavowed them in a "high level interview". Do you think these would be some of his top volunteers if he disavowed them?
    Last edited by samforpaul; 02-04-2015 at 07:10 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "lol"?
    Give me a quote or situation where he disavowed them in a "high level interview". Do you think these would be some of his top volunteers if he disavowed them?
    Matt Bevin: I’m not ‘a Tea Party guy’
    http://www.msnbc.com/the-daily-rundo...-tea-party-guy

Matt Bevin: 'I Have Never Been A Member Of The Tea Party' (VIDEO)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3873488.html

Matt Bevin: I’m not ‘a Tea Party guy’
    http://www.msnbc.com/the-daily-rundo...-tea-party-guy

Matt Bevin: 'I Have Never Been A Member Of The Tea Party' (VIDEO)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3873488.html

from MSNBC
    "although I am fiscally very much in like mind, and grateful for and appreciative of the support of anybody no matter what group they might be part of,”

from HuffPo
    "Bevin is often labeled as a tea party candidate, and has received praise and endorsements from tea party leaders in Kentucky."
    Last edited by samforpaul; 02-04-2015 at 08:55 PM.

although I am fiscally very much in like mind, and grateful for and appreciative of the support of anybody no matter what group they might be part of,”

Bevin is often labeled as a tea party candidate, and has received praise and endorsements from tea party leaders in Kentucky.
    I've met Matt Bevin and he seems like a good guy, just not a good campaigner. I really think Jack Conway is going to win anyway in Kentucky so one reason to support Comer is that he may be the closest guy to our views who can beat Conway. But then again...I don't know....just my thoughts.

There is a money bomb for Matt March 10 - 11, 2015

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...69#post5805969

My wife is in Kentucky working for Bevin. Their campaign is legit. I wouldn't have let her go if it wasn't.

How much of this is going to be about $#@!ting on McConnell's whole record and even someone might be brash to call out Rand selling out.

Has there been much discussion about the GOP candidates talking about Rand running for both offices or is that only to be discussed in the SoS race?

Is Alison Grimes a shoe in for re-election as SoS?

Is Massie's endorsement worth much in terms of helping someone win? Or more to do with knowing the candidate is genuine?

In hindsight Rand winning the GOP primary was a slam dunk. Maybe Comer for whatever reason saw Rand winning earlier.

from MSNBC
    "although I am fiscally very much in like mind, and grateful for and appreciative of the support of anybody no matter what group they might be part of,”

from HuffPo
    "Bevin is often labeled as a tea party candidate, and has received praise and endorsements from tea party leaders in Kentucky."
    Some people avoid the Tea Party label because they don't want to be linked to Palin/McCain/Ayotte/Norquist . Also if they dont want to be linked to Cotton/Cruz war mongering. Or that they are joining the bandwagon. It looks better to primary voters if someone was a lifelong Republican or have had lifelong principled political views compared to someone who comes out of nowhere.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 03-11-2015 at 06:03 AM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast