Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are we?

Who are we?

Are we the United States, or a corporation named THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
    "It takes a revolution, to make a solution. Too much confusion, so much frustration" Bob Marley

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good question. I see the term "we" tossed into debate often. I've always wondered how that is meant to be deciphered myself.

When I think of "we" I think of "We The People". Of course, personhood itself has been hijacked to heck.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Can we be the united States?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

We are screwed.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    We are screwed.
    Only if we choose to bend over.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystic View Post
    Are we the United States, or a corporation named THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
    are you referring to the 14th amendment?
    that is the best argument that I have heard. essentially that it created 2 classes of citizens and we have all been moved over to the new 2nd class.
    I would also add, that most of the people here are trying to regain that lost status.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

who are we?...let me know when you find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Good question. I see the term "we" tossed into debate often. I've always wondered how that is meant to be deciphered myself.
    I guess you must mean except when YOU do it ...

This is why I often use such language as "we".
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I guess you must mean except when YOU do it ...
    Except that I explained why I use the term. You just chose not to add that part of my comment.

Stick to memes. That's what you're good at. The one with monkey jumping out of the guy's butt was kind of funny for a second or so.

Except that I explained why I use the term. You just chose not to add that part of my comment.
    I didn't "add that part" because it is irrelevant - and if anyone wants to see "that part" they can just click the blue arrow in the quote (that's why I left it there). The point is that you had to be prompted for an explanation. The only reason you explained it in that other thread was because I had explicitly remarked about it.

In this thread, you complained that you "see the term 'we' tossed into debate often" and that you have "always wondered how that is meant to be deciphered" - despite the fact that you yourself by your own admission often toss the term "we" into debate, leaving others to wonder "how that is meant to be deciphered" (which is precisely why I had to ask you "who the hell are 'we,' 'our' and 'us' supposed to be?" in that other thread). IOW: Pot, meet kettle ...

I didn't "add that part" because it is irrelevant
    How so? Do you want to finish that debate? Is that why you quoted me out of context here on it? I can finish it with you if you'd like. I'm not doing anything at the moment.

Aside - You don't have to prompt me for anything. Nothing.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-27-2015 at 06:53 PM.

How so?
    It's irrelevant because I didn't say that you never "explained why [you] use the term." You did not explain until after I had asked.

The point is that I had to "wonder how [you] meant [it] to be deciphered" in that other thread - the very thing you were complaining about having to do in this one.

If you are going to "often use such language as 'we'" without explaining it unless and until you are asked to do so, then you've got no business complaining about "see[ing] the term 'we' tossed into debate often" and having to wonder "how that is meant to be deciphered."

Do you want to finish that debate? [...] I can finish it with you if you'd like. I'm not doing anything at the moment.
    What debate? All you did was whinge about not understanding what "crony" was supposed to mean, and assorted other blather.

Is that why you quoted me out of context here on it?
    I didnt quote you out of context. The full text of your quote is available to anyone who clicks the the little blue arrow provided in quote box (as I explicitly pointed out in my previous post).

Aside - You don't have to prompt me for anything. Nothing.
    Sure, okay. You just coincidentally explained why you used the term after I had explicitly asked what you meant by it. Got it.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-27-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Sovereign Individuals Residing in Sovereign Commonwealths

We are supposed to be the United States (plural), not the United State (singular). We are supposed to be "the People of the States," not "the People of the Nation."
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Uh-uh. Nope. I'm not even going to read your pablum. You're going to have to show us your wisdom. Get back over here... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5765710

I'll be waiting...

What debate? All you did was whinge about not understanding what "crony" was supposed to mean, and assorted other blather.
    Heh. Oh, no. I'm afraid I have a few more questions. Let's go. I don't have all night for you. Are you going to talk about it or are you going to be about it? You can google stuff later. Pssst... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5765710
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-27-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Corporation and the productivity of your life was already collateralized and sold for a large profit.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh-uh. Nope. I'm not even going to read your pablum. You're going to have to show us your wisdom. Get back over here... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5765710

I'll be waiting...
    Heh. Oh, no. I'm afraid I have a few more questions. Let's go. I don't have all night for you. Are you going to talk about it or are you going to be about it? You can google stuff later. Pssst... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5765710
    Jesus $#@!ing Christ! Get your goddam dick out of my ass. You've already edited that post at least three times since I first saw it.
    How the hell am I supposed to reply to it if you can't even figure out what to say? Geez, man, just get over yourself ...

And if I bother to reply to it at all, I'll do it whenever I'm goddam ready.

Jesus $#@!ing Christ! Get your goddam dick out of my ass. You've already edited that post at least three times since I first saw it.
    How the hell am I supposed to reply to it if you can't even figure out what to say? Geez, man, just get over yourself ...

And if I bother to reply to it at all, I'll do it whenever I'm goddam ready.
    Then don't start something that you aren't ready to finish. Whenever you do decide....if you decide, I'll be in the neighborhood.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-27-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Then don't start something that you aren't ready to finish.
    LMFAO! Seriously?

This from a guy who resurrects a thread he bailed out on a couple of months ago while petulantly demanding that I reply to him immediately ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Can we be the united States?
    ooh...ooh....I'll be Florida...America's wang!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

LMFAO! Seriously?

This from a guy who resurrects a thread he bailed out on a couple of months ago while petulantly demanding that I reply to him immediately ...
    Nope. You did. YOU. You resurrected it. That was a choice.

To be perfectly honest with you, I didn't particularly care enough about the piece itself at the time because the author was transparent. Was laughable, really. But now that you've brought the thread up again and in a way that was intended to provoke me, I've become interested in finishing our discussion to the extent that the author of the piece (and you) chose to minimize. So either put on your apron or get out of the championship kitchen. It's that simple.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-27-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Meh. I'm not fiddling with you all night. I'm logging off for the night. I'll check back tomorrow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    ooh...ooh....I'll be Florida...America's wang!

LMAO!

What would DC be? America's $#@!?

Before there is "We" there is "I." Once there is "We" there is a smaller fraction of "I." Once there is a lesser fraction of "I", in the "We", that what is "I" is no longer even acknowleged than "I" want no part of it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope. You did. YOU. You resurrected it. That was a choice.

To be perfectly honest with you, I didn't particularly care enough about the piece itself at the time because the author was transparent. Was laughable, really. But now that you've brought the thread up again and in a way that was intended to provoke me, I've become interested in finishing our discussion to the extent that the author of the piece (and you) chose to minimize. So either put on your apron or get out of the championship kitchen. It's that simple.
    Until you bumped it today, the last post in that thread was from November of last year (a reply by me to one of your posts). Bumping an old or inactive thread is "resurrection." That's what you did, not I.

Nor did I "bring the thread up again" - I merely quoted you from it for the purpose of providing evidence of your hypocrisy in your criticism of others for their opaque uses of "we." Any other thread in which you might have said the same thing would have done just as well. The only reason I quoted you from that particular thread is that that is the particular thread in which I remembered you saying what you did. You are the one who has a bug up his nose about the thread itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What would DC be? America's $#@!?
    No. $#@!s provide an essential and valuable function for any organism that has one.

DC would be the hemmorrhoid on America's $#@! ...

No. $#@!s provide an essential and valuable function for any organism that has one.

Ewww...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

tapeworm.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

We are that we are...
    I genuinely think we are monkeys with more highly developed communication abilities than the other primates. I wish I didn't think that, but we also don't really have a choice in what we believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Ewww...
    covered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast