Thread: Rand: 'Saudi Arabia Needs to Quit Funding Radical Islam'

Post Rand: 'Saudi Arabia Needs to Quit Funding Radical Islam'

From a press release:

ICYMI: Sen. Paul: Saudi Arabia Needs to Quit Funding Radical Islam

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Sen. Rand Paul discussed with the Fox News Channel’s Martha MacCallum earlier today his reaction to President Obama’s visit to meet the new king of Saudi Arabia, King Salman.

A Breitbart article covering Sen. Paul’s reaction can be found HERE. A clip of the interview and full transcript can be found below.

TRANSCRIPT

MACCALLUM: Now, President Obama arrives in Saudi Arabia today, the President will formally meet with the new Saudi king, King Salman. He will pay his respects to their family after the death of King Abdullah. Very large U.S. delegation is there today to do just that and I am joined this morning by Kentucky Republican Senator Rand Paul who is on both the Foreign Relations and Homeland Security Committees, both very important posts given the state of the world. Senator, good morning. Good to have you with us today.

PAUL: Good morning. Glad to be here.

MACCALLUM: I’m curious about our thoughts about this meeting with King Salman and what you think in terms of what the President needs to express to him given the incredible volatile situation in Yemen and in some parts of the Middle East, given the ISIS factor?

PAUL: I hope he says to Saudi Arabia that we'd like them to help us and work with us instead of against us. I think a lot of the arms that Saudi Arabia and Qatar have poured into the Syrian war, the Syrian civil war have actually been hurting us. They have actually wound up in the hand of ISIS. So I hope the message to them is they need to be working against radical Islam. They need to quit funding radical Islamic schools in our country around the world and need to send ground troops in to help us fight ISIS.

MACCALLUM: It is such a complicated situation. I read this morning that a number of these groups, these radical Islamic groups were rejoicing over the death of King Abdullah in Saudi Arabia, but we also know that Saudi Arabia was not happy with our stand in Syria. They obviously wanted to see us follow through on the belief that Assad must go. So there is some tension in this relationship. How would you repair it?

PAUL: Well I think that Saudi Arabia needs to realize that most of the radical Islamists in the war there, the ISIS, are Sunnis and we need to have people from the civilized world of Sunni Islam need to step up and that means Saudi Arabia. I think Saudi Arabia in 2013, 600 million tons of weapons were poured into the Syrian civil war and a lot of those were Saudi weapons and a lot of those wound up in the hand of ISIS. We’re now back there fighting against weapons some of them were ours and some of them were our allies. So Saudi Arabia needs to step up to be on our side and not be provoking the situation.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's what I get from the interview.

Interviewer: So do you support Obama's illegal war in Syria to overthrow Assad?

Rand: Sure, yeah, but I'd like to make some minor and obvious political observations if I could to avoid that contentious issue.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

America needs to stop funding radical Islam. Why don't we do it first and set the example for the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

Rand: Sure, yeah, but I'd like to make some minor and obvious political observations if I could to avoid that contentious issue.
    Rand had a pretty big influence on public opinion in 2013 arguing against arming the rebels to fight Assad. I just watched the clip and don't see where his position has changed.

Perhaps the Saudis are just continually buying off revolution threats and coups.

Here's what I saw:

Interviewer: "Would you like to comment on how Obama is soft on defense and/or exaggerate the threat of ISIS?"

Rand: "Bitch pleez, the US and Saudi created ISIS."

...and Rand has been 100% consistent in opposing any action against Assad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    America needs to stop funding radical Islam. Why don't we do it first and set the example for the rest of the world?
    This!!! Welcome back, Sola_Fide.

Maybe if Congress would release those classified documents, more people would know what Rands talking about.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about the US get the $#@! out of all these foreign lands?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Here's what I saw:

Interviewer: "Would you like to comment on how Obama is soft on defense and/or exaggerate the threat of ISIS?"

Rand: "Bitch pleez, the US and Saudi created ISIS."

...and Rand has been 100% consistent in opposing any action against Assad.
    "You must spread some reputation around..."
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Which interview was that? It's not in the one in the OP.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.