Thread: Get drunk without a hangover on synthetic booze

Get drunk without a hangover on synthetic booze

I'd have to get cheaper than Franzia ($15.95 for 5 liters) and taste just as good before I give it a shot.

A scientist has cracked a chemical conundrum, which has allowed him to develop new drugs that could wean people off alcohol, while allowing them to enjoy the feeling of being “tipsy”.

The first drug, which called “alcosynth”, is a drink that mimics alcohol. It a non-toxic inebriant that removes the risks of hangovers, liver toxicity, aggression and loss of control.

A benzodiazepine derivative, the substance is in the Valium family, but without being addictive or causing withdrawal symptoms, he claims.
    The man behind this marvel is Professor David Nutt, who became famous as the drugs tsar fired by the British government in 2009 for proclaiming that horse-riding is more dangerous than ecstasy.

Now, the Imperial College neuropsychopharmacology professor is making waves with a new mission: saving us from the fatal effects of the most popular drug on earth, alcohol.

His second wonder drug is a so-called “chaperone”, which would attenuate the effects of alcohol.

Take a pill with booze, and it’s impossible to become drunk to the point of incapacitation.

The price point would be set quite high, to stop the drug from being abused, but this “sober up pill” could be popped on the way home, reducing drink-driving accidents, and other alcohol-related incidents and crime.

Both drugs would be available in high-end cocktail bars at first, claims Nutt. The alcohol substitute would be marketed as a companion to a regular tipple and relatively cheap to buy.

Twitter users responded to the prospect of avoiding hangovers by drinking alcosynth with enthusiasm.

Alcohol is one of the most harmful drugs, pound for pound, due to its impacts on obesity, violent crime, overall health, life expectancy, and economic productivity.

It ranks among the top five causes of death in all EU nations, and the Government cites it as the leading cause of premature death in men aged 16 to 54 in the UK. It shortens our lives in many ways: liver disease, a dozen forms of cancer, elevated blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, increased risk of dementia, car crashes, domestic abuse and crime.

“If alcohol was treated as a toxic compound in the same manner as benzene or other lethal chemicals, the maximum amount you would be permitted to consume would be one wine glass a year,” says Nutt. “But it is exempt from toxic control measures because we like to drink.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...hangovers.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Straight out of Star Trek:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Synthehol
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Get drunk without a hangover on synthetic booze
    Why are you telling me to do foolish, irresponsible, and weird things.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Why are you telling me to do foolish, irresponsible, and weird things.
    It's the only kind of stuff I know how to do.

How about synthetic drunk with a synthetic hangover?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How about synthetic drunk with a synthetic hangover?
    I just had a great idea...real hooch with a real hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I just had a great idea...real hooch with a real hangover.
    Quick, apply for a patent.

Valium family.. I wonder if they're going to make it yellow.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Quick, apply for a patent.
    I'll get right on it. Don't tell anybody, it's a secret.