Thread: Editor of major newspaper says he planted stories for CIA

Editor of major newspaper says he planted stories for CIA

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...article/424470

Editor of major newspaper says he planted stories for CIA

Becoming the first credentialed, well-known media insider to step forward and state publicly that he was secretly a "propagandist," an editor of a major German daily has said that he personally planted stories for the CIA.

Saying he believes a medical condition gives him only a few years to live, and that he is filled with remorse, Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, the editor of Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, one of Germany's largest newspapers, said in an interview that he accepted news stories written and given to him by the CIA and published them under his own name.

Dr. Ulfkotte says the corruption of journalists and major news outlets by the CIA is routine, accepted, and widespread in the western media, and that journalists who do not comply either cannot get jobs at any news organization, or find their careers cut short.

Dr. Ulfkotte is the author of a book currently available only in German, "Bought Journalists" (Kopp 2014.) Aged 55, he was also once an advisor to the government of German Chancellor Helmet Kohl. The book has become a bestseller in Germany but, in a bizarre twist which Ulfkotte says characterizes the disconnect caused by CIA control of the western media, the book cannot be reported on. Ulfkotte says:

"No German mainstream journalist is allowed to report about [my] book. Otherwise he or she will be sacked. So we have a bestseller now that no German journalist is allowed to write or talk about."
    Among the stories Ulfkotte says he was ordered to plant in his newspaper over the years was a story that Libyan President Moammar Gaddafi was building poison gas factories in 2011. Ulfkotte also says he was an eyewitness to Saddam Hussein's use of poison gas against Iranians in the war between Iran and Iraq, but that the editors he worked for at the time were not interested, because Iraq was a US ally at the time.

Ulfkotte says he is better positioned to come forward than many journalists because he does not have children who could be threatened. Ulfkotte told the Russian newspaper Russian Insider (RI):... READ MORE http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/w...article/424470

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I AM SHOCKED!!!

not really

The CIA is one organization that is a major threat to liberty and independence.

Ron Paul has it correct....

“I don’t think the CIA should exist. I think in a true republic, you wouldn’t have a CIA.”

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

I AM SHOCKED!!!

not really
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Although there is no clear proof that US/foreign agencies have their agents embedded within WSJ, NYT, WaPo, Drudge report etc, their conduct during Iraq freedom spread/racial revenge attack was bit fishy.
    In any case, Congress should ban editors, journalists from becoming double agents of shady agencies.

Related

1. Respected Danish journalist admits 'I was a Mossad agent'
      It's not uncommon for secret agents to take up a career in journalism as a cover for clandestine work.
      By Yossi Melman and Haaretz Correspondent | Mar. 4, 2010 | 2:25 AM
      Haaretz
      http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...agent-1.264127

( Note, this is not same publication that published anti Islam free speech cartoons few years after Iraq invasion)

Former editor was Mossad spy - David Icke's Official Forums
      Mar 1, 2010 - 1 post - ‎1 author
      Former chief editor of Politiken newspaper and respected Danish foreign affairs journalist Herbert Pundik, has spoken for the first time about his ...

British Publisher Robert Maxwell Was Mossad Spy New Claim
      British Publisher Robert Maxwell Was Mossad Spy New Claim On Tycoon's Mystery Death By Gordon Thomas And Martin Dillon The Mirror - UK 12-6-2 ...

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You're making the movement look bad with all these cwazy conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're making the movement look bad with all these cwazy conspiracy theories.
    Worse--we look at conspiracy facts with the naked eye! Talk about crazy!

Any sane person would do thusly:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what's the over under on how long this guy has before a car accident or he goes missing or ends up being labeled a child molester?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Why isn't this in Hot Topics? We better hurry and get it there before it makes the new Republican voters we are expecting think twice about voting for Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Why isn't this in Hot Topics? We better hurry and get it there before it makes the new Republican voters we are expecting think twice about voting for Rand.

Meh, I can't see this bothering anyone. It's common knowledge that media is in the US government's pocket. I'm fairly mainstream relative to some here on RPF and I believe this story and am not surprised.

You always here hard core "conservatives" whining about the "lamestream media"

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Luke warm at best. Operation Mockingbird press and media CIA shenanigans is REALLY old news.

Their shenanigans I am disapprove, but not a bit surprised.

Pretty messed up what he says about it being a bestseller, but reporters can't report about it lol
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-27-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    But we can't know for sure till all the facts has come out.
    And only if they are published In a "major newspaper" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    It must just be sour grapes.

Interesting. He used to be Chrisitian. Became a Muslim. Then became a born again Christian and says Muslims should be driven out of Europe. Seems confused.

http://enzaferreri.blogspot.com/2013...#axzz3Q8mHbgd2

Asked if he is a Christian, the journalist answers that he was born into a Christian family but rejected his Christian roots when he was young. At first he was an atheist and then converted to Islam while he was in Afghanistan and the Middle East covering events there for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

That is why, he adds, he can speak from knowing Islam so well, from within.

He is now a born-again Christian, having embraced the faith out of conviction this time, and not tradition.
    Muslim immigrants in Germany up until 2007, Dr Ulfkotte explains, "have taken 1 billion euros more out of our social welfare system than they have paid into our system". To give a better idea of the magnitude of this figure and put it into perspective, he adds that the total debt of the German government is 1.7 billion euros. Expelling Muslims, therefore, will help Europe fight its financial crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Interesting. He used to be Chrisitian. Became a Muslim. Then became a born again Christian and says Muslims should be driven out of Europe. Seems confused.
    Confusion about God automatically leads to confusion about whether or not someone fed stories to his place of business?

Wow. You've got a PhD waiting for you if you can prove that in a double-blind study.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

http://enzaferreri.blogspot.com/2013...#axzz3Q8mHbgd2
    The "kick out the immigrants" meme is strong in central Europe. That he adopts it isn't that surprising if he is truly now a super-christian and "conservative" (in European terms).

I don't understand why the European nationalists focus on Muslims, though. Why not just eliminate personal welfare? Or restrict it to citizens who have been there X number of years? Why aren't they mad at all the French and Danes who pretty freely move back and forth across the German border, and likely receive more than they pay in?
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    what's the over under on how long this guy has before a car accident or he goes missing or ends up being labeled a child molester?
    I'll take the over. He and his claims will never be directly addressed, but they will find a circuitous way to label the claims as "conspiracy" and not worth polite conversation. For example: during a presser dealing with topics relevant to CIA operations, a plant reporter will ask about the claims and the spokesman will say that it's an outlandish conspiracy, and that the CIA has more important national security concerns than using some poorly read German newspaper as a mouthpiece. It'll miss the larger claim (that the CIA has it's hands in most all of Western Media orgs), and it won't say that they don't do it. But they will say "conspiracy" and "national security" so no right thinking reporter will ever question the topic again.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Confusion about God automatically leads to confusion about whether or not someone fed stories to his place of business?

Wow. You've got a PhD waiting for you if you can prove that in a double-blind study.

Yeah, I'd love to hear why zippy felt that necessary to share. I must be missing the connection he was wanting to make.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    The "kick out the immigrants" meme is strong in central Europe. That he adopts it isn't that surprising if he is truly now a super-christian and "conservative" (in European terms).

I don't understand why the European nationalists focus on Muslims, though. Why not just eliminate personal welfare? Or restrict it to citizens who have been there X number of years? Why aren't they mad at all the French and Danes who pretty freely move back and forth across the German border, and likely receive more than they pay in?

My understanding of German social dynamics is that it's not Muslim's per se, but the Turks specifically.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to hear why zippy felt that necessary to share. I must be missing the connection he was wanting to make.

I'll take a crack at that. Zip is this forum's most prolific progressive liberal. His goal is to drive people away from the site. His posts are always meant to discourage liberty lovers, and this post is no exception. Might as well say he has his own program of purging. Irony indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    He is simply trying to distract from the story by committing character assassination, take the focus away from the story, and shine it on the person. I swear to god he is a NSA troll.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    He is simply trying to distract from the story by committing character assassination, take the focus away from the story, and shine it on the person. I swear to god he is a NSA troll.

You know, that story posted by Zip was not exactly technically accurate. So neg rep for Zip. I encourage it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members