Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul, Cruz and Rubio debate LIVE NOW 1/25/15 11:30pm ET

Video Updates: Paul, Cruz and Rubio debate LIVE

Last edited by radiofriendly; 01-26-2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: update with videos at link
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting

I think it's done now because I think they were only showing the first 15 minutes online

That's so wack. It was so short and you barely saw Paul speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    That's so wack. It was so short and you barely saw Paul speak.
    ABC News just cut off the stream. I guess they were only giving us a preview online.

Yea, all I got to see was a clip of Cruz talking..

There was only 15 minutes. Rest assured, though, that once it is seen in its entirety there will be reviews by competent sources.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

i guess its not on tv anywhere

Is it supposed on air on TV sometime, or what?

Are they just trolling us?

Quote Originally Posted by RecoveringNeoCon View Post
    More live updates here: https://twitter.com/rickklein
    Thanks for the link, based on that twitter:

Rick Klein @rickklein
    for those asking where the livestream went, organizers mandated only 15 minutes online. we'll report on all when it's over, w highlights

Nick Confessore @nickconfessore · 1m 1 minute ago
    Paul: Nixon made the right decision to open up China. Says Cuba embargo was a form of isolationism.

Sammy Roth @Sammy_Roth · 1m 1 minute ago
    Paul: Nixon opening relations with China a good comp for Cuba : “China is still an oppressive regime, but less oppressive than they were."

Sammy Roth @Sammy_Roth · 40s 40 seconds ago
    Rubio doesn't like China comparison. "China is not a free country. It is the richest tyranny in all of human history.” Fighting words.

Sammy Roth @Sammy_Roth · 40s 40 seconds ago
    Rubio doesn't like China comparison. "China is not a free country. It is the richest tyranny in all of human history.” Fighting words.
    Piecing that with this (from https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs):

Ben Jacobs @Bencjacobs ·
    Rand Paul saying with Rubio's logic, we wouldn't trade with Saudi Arabia

Ben Jacobs @Bencjacobs ·
    Rand Paul gets in a sly dig, noting that both Cruz and Rubio's families fled Batista (and not Castro)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still fighting over Iran policy. Cruz and Rubio getting applause, Paul getting unhappy murmurs from the audience. Hawk crowd, it seems.

Still fighting over Iran policy. Cruz and Rubio getting applause, Paul getting unhappy murmurs from the audience. Hawk crowd, it seems.
    Was just about to post this myself. Unfortunate, thought this crowd would be closer aligned with Rand in regards to foreign policy

Sammy Roth @Sammy_Roth · 22m 22 minutes ago

That's all from the #KochBrothers summit in Rancho Mirage. Check @MyDesert later tonight for the full story.

IMO, Rand was the only one there who wasn't a psycho jihadi warhawk.

Sammy Roth @Sammy_Roth · 30m 30 minutes ago

Paul with a subtle ding at other candidates: President should be someone who "believes war is a last resort, not the first resort.”

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

[Rubio:] "China is not a free country. It is the richest tyranny in all of human history.”
    China's only the richest one 'coz we owe 'em so much money.
    If it weren't for that, the US would be richest one, hands down ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I thought this was a domestic policy debate??
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Angry

I saw a little of the stream and the few clips available online.

You'd think with all of todays technology, this would be available immediately.

I suppose we may only see clips of Rand Paul agreeing with Obama on Cuba and Iran , instead of explaining his position.
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 01-26-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    I saw a little of the stream and the few clips available online.

You'd think with all of todays technology, this would be available immediately.
    They weren't allowed to. they only gave the full stream to selected news outlets and told them they couldn't just stream it all.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ABCnews clip from this morning regarding the Iran conversation:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/2016...event-28483492

Wow, Rubio came off a lot more confident than I have seen him before. Equally impressive was Cruz's conviction, although it came off as a sleazy car dealer sucking up to his potential customer since he basically repeated tired phrases from 2012 that made absolutely no sense or at best seemed just pandering.

Unless Rand can make them appear absolutely insane during the debates, this is going to be a helluva primary. He will have to really wedge himself and his differences between himself and his opponents, and then point out why they sound so crazy. The ABC clip appeared to reveal a hint of the kind of powder-keg mega debate moment that could potentially erupt from a foreign policy dispute.

On Iran.
    Rand, matter-of-fact: "I think we should give diplomacy a chance. War is always the last option."
    Cruz, with rousing conviction: "This (nuclear talks with Iran) is the worst diplomacy in history!"
    Rand, incredulously: "You want to go to war with them? Do you want to send troops into Iran?"
    Rubio, with authority: "You just can't leave any options off the table!"

With a little goading from Rand, who comes off like a wise-ass class clown, the absolute ridiculous and unrealistic nature of their positions could become quite clear the audience. At that point in the video, even I was like, "Wait, so DOES Rubio want to go to war with Iran? When we could talk to them instead? Is he that naive?" Rand has a way of making you feel smarter than the guy standing next to him and I hope he is able to capitalize on that.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

I thought Cruz was definitely going to stay out once Jeb got in the pool. Wonder what the play is. Just drop out and sell books and increase name recognition for 2024?

I hope we get to see the full conversation at some point.
    Last edited by Scrooge McDuck; 01-26-2015 at 02:26 PM.

ThinkProgress: Rand Paul Confronts Rubio And Cruz: ‘Are You Ready To Send Ground Troops Into Iran?’

h ttp://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/26/3615298/rand-paul-confronts-rubio-cruz-ready-send-ground-troops-iran/

This is exactly what I am hoping to see.

Paul urged his fellow senators to be patient and let diplomacy run its course. “Are you ready to send ground troops into Iran? Are you ready to bomb them? Are you ready to send in 100,000 troops?” he asked. “I’m a big fan of trying to exert and trying the diplomatic option as long as we can. If it fails, I will vote to resume sanctions and I would vote to have new sanctions,” he said.
    “But if you do it in the middle of negotiations, you’re ruining it.”
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    ThinkProgress: Rand Paul Confronts Rubio And Cruz: ‘Are You Ready To Send Ground Troops Into Iran?’

h ttp://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/26/3615298/rand-paul-confronts-rubio-cruz-ready-send-ground-troops-iran/

This is exactly what I am hoping to see.

Paul urged his fellow senators to be patient and let diplomacy run its course. “Are you ready to send ground troops into Iran? Are you ready to bomb them? Are you ready to send in 100,000 troops?” he asked. “I’m a big fan of trying to exert and trying the diplomatic option as long as we can. If it fails, I will vote to resume sanctions and I would vote to have new sanctions,” he said.
    “But if you do it in the middle of negotiations, you’re ruining it.”
    And they argue otherwise, Randal can point to mossad agreeing with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast