Thread: New, High Priest Says Religion Used As A Control Tactic

New, High Priest Says Religion Used As A Control Tactic

While I respect other people's religions & beliefs I can't help but think
    that if more people followed what this priest is preaching, we would
    live in a more peaceful and tolerant world. I just wanted to share and
    get your reactions:

Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Religion and politics are both the very same thing. They are both only, very old and very effective, means to control large masses of people. It has always only been that way, and it always only will be.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. KJV

Yea them State worshipers have it bad.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    "Religion and politics are both the very same thing. They are both only, very old and very effective, means to control large masses of people. It has always only been that way, and it always only will be.
    What the rational man seeks in religion, the irrational man seeks in politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This man appears to be a Gnostic. Does he still call himself a Christian? (Serious question)

He does not sound like early believers or those first called Christians of the first century who lived in Antioch. They lived what the Apostles taught, whose creed was that Jesus Christ is the awaited Messeiah, the Hope of Israel, the Immanuel, born of a Virgin, the Incarnate Word and Son of God, One with the Father in Heaven, in whose stripes our human nature is healed and in His deifying flesh ours is raised unto Ressurection and union with God. In Christ alone has our salvation from death been made complete and to heavenly heights. In the union of our nature with the divine which has been made possible by the complete work of Christ on the cross. All men will rise again for no other reason then that God out of His love for mankind came down and assumed our created nature, infusing it and deifying it by His perfect incarnation and sinless divine will, so that God could heal and restore us to our former glory as children made in His image and likeness. To even greater communion then ever before or humanly possible, according to the Fathers. For in Christ, our communion is full and life complete by Him having perfected and deified our flesh and nature by ascending risen in the flesh to the right hand of the Father.

(and to the glory of the Father and the amazement of the heavenly hosts!)

In Christ alone do we find everlasting life, sanctified by the Holy Spirit as partakers of the divine nature and as living temples of the living and almighty God. For as much as God became man, so do we become as gods, growing in the knowledge of God and in His image and likeness. For this is the very reason (logos) of existence. And in Christ alone is this fulfilled and complete.

If this man does not confess to these teachings which are apostolic and of the first century, then him calling himself a Christian would confuse believers of the first centuries. He certainly does not speak for the Church found in Antioch way back then or even today, the same Church which has survived in sacramental eucharistic communion continuously in the city since the days of Acts.

I am starting to think that in his distaste of his childhood religion (not sure which one that is), he has completely disregarded the core fundamental Christian truths which go back to the beginning. Rather he is inventing something out of his own imagination (and to hell with the 2000 years of history before him!) because it sounds right to him, in his grand wisdom and experience. Sounds like he is doing what has become fashionable these days, which is to create one's own religion and make God into one's own image. But we are not saved by this man in the video or what our minds can come up with, but by Christ alone. We are saved by following Christ, obeying His commandments, being baptized in water and Spirit, and uniting with Him in our human nature mystically and physically in rebirth and resurrection. And through Him, so united in the same manner with all the members of the body of believers. Then we are truly human.

Our nature is ontologically beings of communion, of persons finding true and real life and personhood in relationships, tripartite also in nature, all in the image of the Holy Trinity. As we grow greater in the fullness and stature of Christ, (that is, in the likeness of God of Who Christ is the image of) through purification and illumination (by the practice of the virtues), we become bearers of God and temples of God's living divine and holy presence. We become united with Christ, Who is the Firstfruit of the new creation, and so fulfill His divine will that all may be one.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. A blessed Sunday to everyone tomorrow!
    Last edited by TER; 01-24-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

*gasp*
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

"Christianity is the religion founded by Paul, which replaces Jesus' Gospel with a Gospel about Jesus - a religion that should rather be called Paulinism." -- Dr. Wilhelm Nestle, Church Historian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl View Post
    get your reactions:
    That's probably what the Cathars were trying to live out, until the RC "Christian" pope's army wiped them out.

"Christianity is the religion founded by Paul, which replaces Jesus' Gospel with a Gospel about Jesus - a religion that should rather be called Paulinism." -- Dr. Wilhelm Nestle, Church Historian
    "St. Paul was awesome and Ronin is wrong."
    --Dr. Harold K. Dingle, Church Historian, Biblical scholar, and General Know It All

So,, He is admitting to being a High Priest of Bull$#@!?

no I did not listen to it.. why bother?
    I DO NOT CARE FOR "RELIGION".

Jesus Christ is my High Priest.. Anyone else claiming this title is a usurper.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    "All the good in Christianity can be traced to Jesus, all the bad to Paul." - Franz Overbeck, Protestant Theologian

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So,, He is admitting to being a High Priest of Bull$#@!?

no I did not listen to it.. why bother?
    I DO NOT CARE FOR "RELIGION".

Jesus Christ is my High Priest.. Anyone else claiming this title is a usurper.
    He's not claiming anything of the sort. Whoever posted the video wrote that in the description on YouTube.

I did some research and found out who he is. I agree with alot of what he has to say but not everything.

John Shelby "Jack" Spong (born June 16, 1931) is a retired American bishop of the Episcopal Church. From 1979 to 2000 he was Bishop of Newark (based in Newark, New Jersey). He is a liberal Christian theologian, religion commentator and author. He calls for a fundamental rethinking of Christian belief away from theism and traditional doctrines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shelby_Spong

"They taught me that segregation was the will of God, and quoted the bible to prove it. They taught me that women were inferior to men by nature, and quoted the bible to prove it. They taught me it was okay to hate other religions, and especially the Jews, and quoted the bible to prove it. And they taught me that homosexuals were either mentally sick or morally depraved, and of course, quoted the bible to prove it. And so my life has sort of been an emergence out of the prejudices that my church planted in me." - Rt. Rev. Bishop John Shelby Spong

Bishop Spong is one of our nation's leading -- and most controversial -- theologians, who for decades has been a powerful voice calling for inclusivity, reform and renewal in the Church. He is also a long time friend of State of Belief.

In Part I of a wide-ranging and candid conversation, Rev. Welton Gaddy and Bishop Spong talk about his life growing up in the segregated, homophobic south and the path that led him toward an ever-increasing understanding of the need for acceptance and inclusion.

Bishop Spong is the author of the new book The Fourth Gospel: Tales of a Jewish Mystic.

Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

"All the good in Christianity can be traced to Jesus, all the bad to Paul." - Franz Overbeck, Protestant Theologian

Anyone who would say that is neither a Protestant or a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Anyone who would say that is neither a Protestant or a Christian.
    Anyone who would say that is most probably a Paulinist and not a Jesuist.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” -- Mahatma Gandhi

It didn't take much thought for me to realize that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to appeal to original intent when discussing the US Constitution,
    and utterly fail to apply that same reasoning to Scripture.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone who would say that is most probably a Paulinist and not a Jesuist.
    They had the same message.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    They had the same message.
    Only about half the same, to make it possible for you to say that. The other half of Paul is pure pagan and Roman statist.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...97.24gLX811y40

"If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian." -- Mark Twain, "Notebook"
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 01-26-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl View Post
    get your reactions:

"Bishop" Spong is a Jesus Seminar liberal theological idiot. He's basically an atheist who uses some religious language. The world wouldn't be better if we followed his advice because he is a purveyor of humanistic religionism himself.

Religion is the opiate of the masses. and credit is their coin.

it is best to be VERY careful with both.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It didn't take much thought for me to realize that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to appeal to original intent when discussing the US Constitution,
    and utterly fail to apply that same reasoning to Scripture.
    Indeed! This loss of original intent is one of the great tragedies of Protestantism. (the RCC has lost a bit of Original Intent, to be fair)
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    Religion is the opiate of the masses. and credit is their coin.

it is best to be VERY careful with both.
    True.

And if there is anything so clear from Jesus' ministry, it is that he condemned both religion and theft. Religion (or man working out his salvation through his own efforts) is the one sure way that a man will never be saved. Salvation is something apart from anything in man. The road is very narrow. Only a few find this road.

Only about half the same, to make it possible for you to say that. The other half of Paul is pure pagan and Roman statist.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...97.24gLX811y40

"If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian." -- Mark Twain, "Notebook"
    Thanks for sharing! I didn't know it was so common for Protestants to put more emphasis on the Pauline epistles than the synoptic gospels. That explains quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I didn't know it was so common for Protestants to put more emphasis on the Pauline epistles than the synoptic gospels. That explains quite a lot.
    Respectfully, I disagree. Jesus didn't write any of the gospels. So if your objection holds any weight, why wouldn't we question the writers of the gospels as well? It doesn't hold any weight.

The tension you attempt to put between the epistles and the gospels is an artifical, anti-Christian one. Since there is no contradiction between the two in a single syllable, the objection has no merit. Paul was an apostle sent by Jesus to the Gentiles. Either you accept this or stop trying to even call yourself a Christian. Christians believe all the word of God through the apostle.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not. That's just Ronin's weird obsession.

Indeed! This loss of original intent is one of the great tragedies of Protestantism. (the RCC has lost a bit of Original Intent, to be fair)
    I am neither protestant nor RCC. Indeed, my entire faith may be summed up as "Original Intent." However the idea that the RCC is closer to the original intent of the scriptures than Protestants is patently absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I am neither protestant nor RCC. Indeed, my entire faith may be summed up as "Original Intent." However the idea that the RCC is closer to the original intent of the scriptures than Protestants is patently absurd.
    I agree Gunny. The entire "Protestant vs. Catholic" debate is absurd. Let's go back to the words of God, the Bible, and ascertain what it says so that we can be faithful to that, and that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I agree Gunny. The entire "Protestant vs. Catholic" debate is absurd. Let's go back to the words of God, the Bible, and ascertain what it says so that we can be faithful to that, and that alone.
    Same here...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

hey there wise guy!

do you have ANY idea what the "Protestants"

are protesting?

hint, they appeared after the "reformation" which of course, happened after the ...
    "deformation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
    Last edited by HVACTech; 01-27-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast