Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Measles Outbreak Shows Why We Should Ban Unvaccinated Kids From Schools

Disneyland Measles Outbreak Shows Why We Should Ban Unvaccinated Kids From Schools

Disneyland Measles Outbreak Shows Why We Should Ban Unvaccinated Kids From Schools
    500+ Business Insider by Sara Silverstein and Alex Kuzoian / 7h // keep unread // hide // preview

U.S. Measles Cases By Year

A measles outbreak at Disneyland has raised new concerns about vaccinations.

In 2014 there were over 600 cases of measles reported in the US – the highest number since 1994. According to the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, most of the people who got measles were unvaccinated.

Why are parents choosing not to vaccinate their kids? We take a look at the problem from a game-theory perspective.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/measl...015-1#comments

Follow BI Video: On Facebook

Join the conversation about this story »

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome. Maybe more people will consider homeschooling.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Absolutely. Also allowing all those illegal aliens in that had measles didn't help much either.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I disagree. Parents who choose not to vaccinate their children and send them to government school have to have a very good reason. They understand the risks of not vaccinating. If vaccinations work, then vaccinated children should be at low risk for chicken pox, hepB, measles, mumps, rubella, or any of the other things they vaccinate for these days.

Nobody has a reason to complain. Or sue.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Vaccines are Completely ineffective against any virus and don't protect you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NACBA View Post
    500+ Business Insider by Sara Silverstein and Alex Kuzoian / 7h // keep unread // hide // preview

U.S. Measles Cases By Year

A measles outbreak at Disneyland has raised new concerns about vaccinations.

In 2014 there were over 600 cases of measles reported in the US – the highest number since 1994. According to the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, most of the people who got measles were unvaccinated.

Why are parents choosing not to vaccinate their kids? We take a look at the problem from a game-theory perspective.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/measl...015-1#comments

Follow BI Video: On Facebook

Join the conversation about this story »

I disagree. The private schools already turn out better educated kids, no reason they shouldn't turn out healthier kids too. Essentially forcing the children of parents too stupid to vaccinate into homeschooling only perpetuates the stupid.

Public is a place where, for better or worse, you have to accept the choices that other people make. If you want to be safe, then stay home.

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I hope so.
    Shh. It seems one of them has suspected our plan.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Absolutely. Also allowing all those illegal aliens in that had measles didn't help much either.
    I'm pretty sure that's the main cause of this problem.

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Essentially forcing the children of parents too stupid to vaccinate into homeschooling only perpetuates the stupid.
    Well, you found who is going to do the low-paying jobs that nobody else wants to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Well, you found who is going to do the low-paying jobs that nobody else wants to do.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. A low-paying job is a job nonetheless.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

People thought it was a good idea back when schooling became mandatory. Once they have taught people that parents should give up the freedom to determine the education of their children and send them to school, it's easier to convince them to give up other freedoms and force them into injecting bacteria into kids who go to school, or medicating them because they aren't compliant for an incompetent teacher.
    Last edited by euphemia; 01-25-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Nobody will hire them if they aren't vaccinated. Nobody wants an employee spreading diseases to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the main cause of this problem.
    Why do you think that?

Why do you think that?
    Because these diseases have not been under control south of the border as much as they have been here. If you have a clean population, one that doesn't have the disease and you introduce someone who has the disease, it's bound to start a new problem.

Best thing they could have done is quarantine those kids who came up from south of the border, instead of spreading them all over the country. It appears some of them who had measles landed in California.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or an unvaccinated person travels to a place and gets infected with a disease returns with it and infects others who were also not vaccinated.

If any of "those kids who came up from south of the border" had measles, they would have gotten over it long ago (since the flow of kids stopped several months ago) and would not be capable of infecting anybody today.

Should we quarantine everybody suspected of having an illness? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ed-Vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Or an unvaccinated person travels to a place and gets infected with a disease returns with it and infects others who were also not vaccinated.

If any of "those kids who came up from south of the border" had measles, they would have gotten over it long ago (since the flow of kids stopped several months ago) and would not be capable of infecting anybody today.

Should we quarantine everybody suspected of having an illness? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ed-Vaccination
    So you're saying those kids couldn't have given the disease to others and in those several months develop a large number of cases in a specific area of the country?

No- they could not have. Too much time has gone by. You are only contagious while you have it.

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/20...9-measles.html

"The current increase in measles cases is being driven by unvaccinated people, primarily U.S. residents, who got measles in other countries, brought the virus back to the United States and spread to others in communities where many people are not vaccinated," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, assistant surgeon general and director of CDC’s National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases. "Many of the clusters in the U.S. began following travel to the Philippines where a large outbreak has been occurring since October 2013."

Of the 288 cases, 280 (97 percent) were associated with importations from at least 18 countries. More than one in seven cases has led to hospitalization. Ninety percent of all measles cases in the United States were in people who were not vaccinated or whose vaccination status was unknown. Among the U.S. residents who were not vaccinated, 85 percent were religious, philosophical or personal reasons.

Nobody will hire them if they aren't vaccinated. Nobody wants an employee spreading diseases to their customers.
    I've filled out a lot of job applications in my time, and have never, ever seen the question on any of them. What magical way do they have to find that out one way or the other? Has HIPAA been repealed?

Should we quarantine everybody suspected of having an illness?
    You've been monitoring every inch of the border from your home overseas and can guarantee that for us? And we should treat everyone who sneaks across our border in violation of our laws the exact same way we treat a natural born citizen who has never set foot in another country?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

No- they could not have. Too much time has gone by. You are only contagious while you have it.

That's right. But those they have passed it to continue to pass it on to others and so on. That's how diseases keep going. They don't just die out when the first carrier is no longer symptomatic. By now, there is a large enough number of them with the disease to make it obvious there is a problem while before there were just a few.

I brought a horse over the border and they made me keep it in quarantine at the border for one full week while they did a lot of testing and spraying to make sure he didn't bring something across with him. Why would they quarantine him yet allow humans who could carry just as many diseases as him across the border without so much as blinking an eye?

I brought a horse over the border and they made me keep it in quarantine at the border for one full week while they did a lot of testing and spraying to make sure he didn't bring something across with him. Why would they quarantine him yet allow humans who could carry just as many diseases as him across the border without so much as blinking an eye?
    Because horses are more important than humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Because horses are more important than humans?
    Yeah, that's got to be it.

That's right. But those they have passed it to continue to pass it on to others and so on. That's how diseases keep going. They don't just die out when the first carrier is no longer symptomatic. By now, there is a large enough number of them with the disease to make it obvious there is a problem while before there were just a few.

Have fun with your State.

They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Have fun with your State.
    Unless you don't live in the U.S., it's your state too.

Unless you don't live in the U.S., it's your state too.
    Yes, but I was nothing questioning why the State is not more authoritarian. Aren't unwarranted searches of your property, and public molestation of your children, enough?
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Yes, but I was nothing questioning why the State is not more authoritarian. Aren't unwarranted searches of your property, and public molestation of your children, enough?
    I don't waste me time arguing with anarchists.

Dr D... don't you know that when you worship the science god you must believe in the religion of herd immunity?

http://news.sciencemag.org/health/20...se-lab-animals
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/815247
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Are you saying that unvaccinated Americans traveling overseas are getting it and bringing it back and spreading it to other unvaccinated?

Statistically, what would you say are the percentages of unvaccinated Americans traveling to those places? I thought there were some pretty strict rules about overseas passports/travel and vaccinations?

"The current increase in measles cases is being driven by unvaccinated people, primarily U.S. residents, who got measles in other countries, brought the virus back to the United States and spread to others in communities where many people are not vaccinated," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, assistant surgeon general and director of CDC’s National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases. "Many of the clusters in the U.S. began following travel to the Philippines where a large outbreak has been occurring since October 2013."

Of the 288 cases, 280 (97 percent) were associated with importations from at least 18 countries. More than one in seven cases has led to hospitalization. Ninety percent of all measles cases in the United States were in people who were not vaccinated or whose vaccination status was unknown. Among the U.S. residents who were not vaccinated, 85 percent were religious, philosophical or personal reasons.
    Or perhaps the CDC refuses to admit the spread is from undocumented illegals coming across the border because that might just piss off a few people... even liberals.

That second paragraph in the quote is one the worst hodge podge of correlation equals causation I've ever seen.

Because my common sense says this - if you are an UNVACCINATED AMERICAN traveling overseas and you decide to use a religious exemption for vaccines - then you should absolutely have to go through a quarantine period before being allowed to freely roam. It could be home quarantine even - and I'm about as pro-choice as can be on the issue of vaccines. But even I'm saying if the CDC honestly knows it is AMERICANS bringing it back because say missionaries are traveling to highly risky spots and using religious exemptions to avoid vaccination, then I'd say they have a perfectly justifiable case of quarantine to protect greater good.

I'm not talking about travel to Europe, but 3rd world? Definitely.

Now, can you point out any new stories that show how the CDC was able to find the source of an outbreak and it was in fact a religious exempted American?
    Last edited by mosquitobite; 01-25-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Dr D... don't you know that when you worship the science god you must believe in the religion of herd immunity?

http://news.sciencemag.org/health/20...se-lab-animals
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/815247
    Second link requires a log in.

Yeah, it really seems that herd immunity is working out pretty well doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast