Thread: Sarah Palin is interested in running for President in 2016

Post Sarah Palin is interested in running for President in 2016

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No she's not, she's interested in keeping her name in the news cycle.

ABC also asked Palin about the fact Mitt Romney, who was the GOP's presidential nominee in 2012, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) have also expressed interest in running. Palin said she hoped to see "new energy" to take on Hillary Clinton, who is widely seen as the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

"That competition in the GOP ... will surface that candidate who can take on Hillary, be ready for Hillary and show the nation what it is going to take to get the country back on the right track," Palin said. "Because we can't afford status quo, because status quo lately has been Latin for, 'We are getting screwed,' and status quo has got to go."
    Contradiction much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Could you please quote the text of the article instead of just a link?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Good luck w/ that we've been nagging collins for years.

Politics More: Sarah Palin 2016 Elections Republicans
    Sarah Palin Is 'Interested' In Running For President In 2016

• Jan. 23, 2015, 2:25 PM

Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, indicated she might run for president in a conversation with an ABC News reporter at a soup kitchen on Thursday.

"Yeah, I mean, of course, when you have a servant’s heart, when you know that there is opportunity to do all you can to put yourself forward in the name of offering service, anybody would be interested," Palin said.
    According to ABC, Palin was "serving wild boar chili to the homeless" at the Salvation Army in Las Vegas when she discussed her presidential ambitions. She was in the city for the annual Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show.
    When she was pressed on whether she would "possibly" launch a campaign, Palin expressed a desire to see a female president.
    "We definitely had enough of seeing that — America has had enough of seeing that — sign on the Oval Office door saying, 'No Girls Allowed.' I know that," Palin said, later adding, "It doesn’t necessarily have to be me, though, but no, America is definitely ready for real change."
    Palin went on to note she would be "happy to drive that competition."
    "Competition will make everyone better and produce more and be more candid regarding their solutions they will offer this country. I am very interested in that competitive process and, again, not necessarily me," said Palin.
    ABC also asked Palin about the fact Mitt Romney, who was the GOP's presidential nominee in 2012, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) have also expressed interest in running. Palin said she hoped to see "new energy" to take on Hillary Clinton, who is widely seen as the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.
    "That competition in the GOP ... will surface that candidate who can take on Hillary, be ready for Hillary and show the nation what it is going to take to get the country back on the right track," Palin said. "Because we can't afford status quo, because status quo lately has been Latin for, 'We are getting screwed,' and status quo has got to go."
    Palin is scheduled to attend the Iowa Freedom Summit. The annual conservative event in the influential early primary state is hosted by Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa). In addition to Palin, the summit is set to feature appearances from other potential GOP candidates; New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, erstwhile Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, and the neurosurgeon and conservative activist Ben Carson.

Collins how hard is it to understand that key word content brings RONPAULFORUMS google hits?

1. Sarah Palin 'seriously interested' in 2016 bid

Politico-3 hours ago
      Former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin on a recent trip ... Iowa — Is Sarah Palin interested in running for president in 2016?

Sarah Palin rips GOP leadership for 'deflated balls'
      New York Daily News-19 hours ago
      Sarah Palin on 2016: 'Of Course' She's Interested
      Highly Cited-ABC News-21 hours ago
      Sarah Palin dishes out boar to needy
      In-Depth-U-T San Diego-Jan 22, 2015
      Sarah Palin: 'Of course' I'm interested in 2016
      Blog-Washington Post (blog)-19 hours ago
      Sarah Palin on New GOP Majority: 'It's Not Just the New England ...
      Highly Cited-TheBlaze.com-Jan 22, 2015

KTNV

ABC News

New York Daily News

Christian Science Monitor

Business Insider

Mediaite

Explore in depth (102 more articles)
    2. Sarah Palin: Of course interested in 2016 White House bid

Politico-20 hours ago
      Sarah Palin is “of course” interested in running for president in 2016 and hopes to see a woman get the job, she said in an interview released ...
    Last edited by presence; 01-24-2015 at 10:48 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

DITTO!!!

If Rand crashes and burns, it would be a toss up between her and Carson.

No one else worth voting for

-t

Good luck w/ that we've been nagging collins for years.
    DDoS?

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

If Rand crashes and burns, it would be a toss up between her and Carson.

No one else worth voting for

-t
    If Rand crashes I'll vote LP or stay home. I couldn't sleep well at night if I voted for Sarah Palin.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "...servant's heart..."

BAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

According to the guidelines, you can post about 4 paragraphs from the original source or 1/4th of it, but not the ENTIRE piece:
    "Respect others' copyrights, intellectual property and contracts, per legal standards. Limit fair-use posting of copyright material to the lesser of four paragraphs or a quarter of the writing."
    Now, had this piece been on the possibility of someone, say like Adam Kokesh, going to jail, Matt Collins would have probably posted more of the story like the guidelines say can be done:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...51#post5563651

BUT, we should encourage Sarah to run. She is a true patriot, and one of us. I can already hear her ringing endorsement of Rand, and her national bus book tour with Kelley Paul promoting freedom and liberty for all. 2016 would be locked!

How about Tina Fey instead? Looks the same, sounds the same, has twice or thrice as much in the way of brains, hasn't seen Russia, and if she lets her close relations stand on dogs she has sense enough to keep it a secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

= my new book will be released soon

Not a fan, but if we're honest with ourselves Palin is not nearly as bad as the rest of the scumbags. She seems to me more like a Bentivolio "I'm just happy to be here" type than a Graham "I need to be here to kill foreigners and enslave Americans" type.

If Ron Paul is a 10 and Graham/McFake are a 1, then most Dems are 2's, most Reps are 3's, Palin is a 4-5 or a maybe even 6 (on a good day), and Rand is an 8. In my book. Seven is about as low as I'm willing to stoop anymore. So it's not an endorsement, just an attempt to be realistic. I think she'd be marginally better in the House than Bentivolio. Most of you know my opinion on Bentivolio so don't go making presumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    How about Tina Fey instead? Looks the same, sounds the same, has twice or thrice as much in the way of brains, hasn't seen Russia, and if she lets her close relations stand on dogs she has sense enough to keep it a secret.
    Did someone hijack your account?

That spiel about Russia was just that; a Tina Fey spiel. That isn't what Palin said.

Regarding the dog; it didn't seem too upset about it. If he minded a whole lot, I'm sure he got up and moved after the kid got off. I don't see the Palins as animal abusers.

Still don't want her to run for President. Way too easily led.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-24-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

She should just run for Senate or House. She easily would be a top 5 senator or a good rep

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And I'm interested in calling her a hellbound heathen and getting her thrown out of her church:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ous-punchline/

There is not a single thing an open heathen is capable of doing that is as offensive as that. I'd rather have to talk to an atheist stalinist than someone like her.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    She should just run for Senate or House. She easily would be a top 5 senator or a good rep
    NO!
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

It would be nice to have a true conservative in the white house.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Palin isn't interested in anything other than selling book and driving donations.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Might as well give it a go, everyone else seems to be.

If she won, I'd be fine voting for her over Hillary.

She's too late, everyone else has already been scooping up their teams for months now. Unless she's been somehow building an organization completely under the radar, I don't see a run happening. And if she does get in she will definitely take away votes from Rand.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Did someone hijack your account?
    Wasn't funny? Sorry.

That spiel about Russia was just that; a Tina Fey spiel. That isn't what Palin said.
    It isn't? Then which one is this?

Regarding the dog; it didn't seem too upset about it. If he minded a whole lot, I'm sure he got up and moved after the kid got off. I don't see the Palins as animal abusers.

Still don't want her to run for President. Way too easily led.
    Being a dog of a Republican takes a whole lot of patience. Kind of like being a Republican. Republicans have been getting trampled and strapped to the roof of the car a very long time waiting for an intelligent, principled conservative, or even someone who can ad lib...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It would be nice to have a true conservative in the white house.
    Eduardo? Is that you? How you doin', man?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sarah Palin endorsed Jones' primary opponent. Nuff said.
    Stop believing stupid things

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Sarah Palin endorsed Jones' primary opponent. Nuff said.
    Yup.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...ngressman.html

She's in it for the money.

For Acptulsa....

As to the question of whether one can actually see Russia from Alaska, Governor Palin was correct: such a view is possible from more than one site in that state. A Slate article on the topic noted that:

In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other.

Also, a 1988 New York Times article reported that:

To the Russian mainland from St. Lawrence Island, a bleak ice-bound expanse the size of Long Island out in the middle of the Bering Sea, the distance is 37 miles. From high ground there or from the Air Force facility at Tin City atop Cape Prince of Wales, the westernmost edge of mainland North America, on a clear day you can see Siberia with the naked eye.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin...lDcCIGzj50V.99
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    If Rand crashes I'll vote LP or stay home. I couldn't sleep well at night if I voted for Sarah Palin.
    Sleep tight , Heil Hitlery

“[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. Being an enemy of Democrats does not make her my friend or tolerable. It makes her a common enemy for Democrats and myself.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for accepting an opportunistic statist like her. She got everything that she deserves from the media. The right has such a strong intellectual tradition. We shouldn't accept an intellectual featherweight such as her among us.

She's interested in headlines.