Thread: Graham: 'I'm well qualified’ to be president

Graham: 'I'm well qualified’ to be president

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) believes he’s “well qualified” to be president and will decide on a presidential run by May.

“I’m going to look long and hard at it,” he said Friday on "Fox & Friends." “I think I’m well qualified for the job but it would be up to the people of my party to make that decision and we have a lot of good choices.”

Graham has floated the idea of running for president if Republican defense hawks aren’t represented in what’s expected to be a large field of candidates.

He’d have the backing of his longtime friend Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who has said he’s holding his endorsement for the South Carolina Republican. McCain and Graham are often at odds with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a likely GOP contender, and others from the non-interventionist wing of the party.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...o-be-president

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How many times are you going to loop the twin towers collapsing at your convention, ass?

But no, you're not qualified... the only man who was qualified to say "no" on a regular basis (the only real criterion that matters) is retired now.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Oh please God, let this happen! For teh lolz, please let it happen!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Lindsey Graham would make a better ballerina than a president.

And Graham as prima ballerina assoluta might even involve marginally less horror and death ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-23-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

From the article, he's basically saying that he will run if there isn't a hard enough warmonger running.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based on the US's track record of Presidents...

He's overqualified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

sometimes u just gotta look at it...

At first I thought it was a joke, but apparently he's serious?
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    From the article, he's basically saying that he will run if there isn't a hard enough warmonger running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    At first I thought it was a joke, but apparently he's serious?

It's obvious what he is doing.... if he does run, then he can throw South Carolina to whoever he wants. That makes him very powerful, and the eventual nominee will likely have to go through him. That means he gets to be a kingmaker, potentially. In exchange for him dropping out of the race and endorsing candidate X, then he will likely get whatever concessions he wants.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I watched a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee the other day. Graham launched into a violent tirade against Zbigniew Brzezinski for not being sufficiently hawkish (!). He was physically agitated, sweating, barely able to form a coherent sentence - I thought he was going to start talking about "purity of essence." Zbig was visibly suppressing laughter at some of the stupid bull$#@! coming out of his mouth...I no longer think Graham is a cold-hearted shill for the MIC, I think he actually believes what he says, which is to say the man is a genuine lunatic - one with the brains and nerves of a developmentally challenged preteen girl. The neocons are evil, but this man is bat$#@! - I'd rather have Dick Cheney as President.

The whole hearing is worth watching: and not only to savor Graham's trainwreck.

To my amazement, I found myself rooting for Zbig. Compared to Graham and the others he's practically a pacifist.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 01-23-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It's obvious what he is doing.... if he does run, then he can throw South Carolina to whoever he wants. That makes him very powerful, and the eventual nominee will likely have to go through him. That means he gets to be a kingmaker, potentially. In exchange for him dropping out of the race and endorsing candidate X, then he will likely get whatever concessions he wants.
    I agree. I learned a lot watching "House of Cards" lol.. Everything is a back room deal in Washington.

You have Rick Santorum who's likely going to run, and John Bolton is saying he might run. Rubio is at least as hawkish as Graham as well. I don't see the point of Graham running when there are already so many hardcore neocons who are going to be running.

Heh heh...he said "hard enough".

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Gonna "tri-angulate" for Bush, after Mittens wins NH, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Heh heh...he said "hard enough".
    I figured it fit well with Miss Lindsey.

Whatever happened to peter king? I thought he was determined to run as the warmonger security state candidate.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Whatever happened to peter king? I thought he was determined to run as the warmonger security state candidate.
    John Bolton's still thinking about running.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Jeffrey Dahmer: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a babysitter
    Jim Jones: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a suicide prevention operator
    Madonna: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a nun
    John McCain: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a pilot
    James Dean: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a driving instructor
    Bill Clinton: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a marriage counselor
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 01-26-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Clinton, W. Bush and Obama have got to be the three biggest idiots to ever lead a nation. I honestly can't see Lindsey being any worse. No I don't like him, but we might as well get used to him. Did any republican like McCain in 2007 or Romney in 2011 when the primaries were just taking off? Heck in 2007-8 the only Dem candidate more useless than Obama was Biden.

Based on history, we should be prepared for the biggest Bozo to win the primaries for both parties for the 2016 election.

(It's cynical Sunday for me tonight :/ )

I suppose Charleston will get nuked if he isn't nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Clinton, W. Bush and Obama have got to be the three biggest idiots to ever lead a nation. I honestly can't see Lindsey being any worse. No I don't like him, but we might as well get used to him. Did any republican like McCain in 2007 or Romney in 2011 when the primaries were just taking off? Heck in 2007-8 the only Dem candidate more useless than Obama was Biden.

Based on history, we should be prepared for the biggest Bozo to win the primaries for both parties for the 2016 election.

(It's cynical Sunday for me tonight :/ )
    I believe that if Lindsey Graham were to become President of the United States, the planet would be reduced to a radioactive wasteland within 3 years.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe that if Lindsey Graham were to become President of the United States, the planet would be reduced to a radioactive wasteland within 3 years.

Well qualified to be president of what? The Glee Club?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    LOL yup, that'll be me. Minus the whole prophecy thing.... Maybe....

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    George A. Custer: 'I'm well qualified’ to be a cavalry commander
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.