Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now I understand Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    How many people would be able to buy a bitcoin if the price of one was $4 million? Or even $1- 2 million a pop?

Bitcoin currently has 8 decimal places allowed. Even at 4 million each a satoshi (The smallest unit, or 0.00000001 BTC) would only be worth 4 cents. So plenty of people would be able to afford bitcoin
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Bitcoin currently has 8 decimal places allowed. Even at 4 million each a satoshi (The smallest unit, or 0.00000001 BTC) would only be worth 4 cents. So plenty of people would be able to afford bitcoin
    Do the exchanges deal with only full coins or can you by one satoshi on them? You can't buy say half a share of Google on a stock exchange for example.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bit coin is easy to understand . You , the avg individual , long on faith and not overly bright work hard all week for your 500 FRN take home . Then you take your worthless , unbacked paper dollars and get you some pretend crypto bits instead .
    Do something Danke

Do the exchanges deal with only full coins or can you by one satoshi on them? You can't buy say half a share of Google on a stock exchange for example.
    Wow you are ignorant.. yes everything is in Satoshis. That is the whole point.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yup, most people do buy partial shares. The 8 decimal places seemed silly years ago, but as with many things Satoshi he was ahead of his time. Exchanges do have a minimum purchase which is usually equivalent to a few dollars.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Yup, most people do buy partial shares. The 8 decimal places seemed silly years ago, but as with many things Satoshi he was ahead of his time. Exchanges do have a minimum purchase which is usually equivalent to a few dollars.
    Thanks for the info. I tried to research it and saw one exchange had a minimum purchase of 0.001 bitcoins.

Thanks for the info. I tried to research it and saw one exchange had a minimum purchase of 0.001 bitcoins.
    do me a favor. buy early so you don't become the contrarian indicator of a blown off top

Well, I do not think that a lot of problems connected to the Bitcoing trading can be resolved with the help of forum communication. But after using https://3commas.io/ this process became more clear for me. And I will happuly use another points for this purpose, as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12