Thread: Doomsday Clock Could Move

Doomsday Clock Could Move (Update, Moved Closer to Midnight, now at Three Minutes)

http://politics.slashdot.org/story/1...ock-could-move

The ominous minute hand of the 'Doomsday Clock' has been fixed at 5 minutes to midnight for the past three years. But it could move tomorrow. The clock is a visual metaphor that was created nearly 70 years ago by The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, whose Board of Governors boasts 18 Nobel laureates. Each year, the Bulletin's Science and Security Board assesses threats to humanity — with special attention to nuclear warheads and climate change — to decide whether the Doomsday Clock needs an adjustment. The event will be streamed live from the Bulletin's website at 11 am EST.
    Technically, this should be later this morning if anyone wants to post which direction it officially went. Its not like we need Psychic(o) Sylvia Brown to know it is going in the WRONG direction.

---

UPDATE: MOVED CLOSER TO MIDNIGHT, THREE MINUTES AND COUNTING...
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-23-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where is it located now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Where is it located now?
    5 minutes to midnight (midnight = apocolypse) and last time it was moved, it was moved closer to midnight.

Problem is that most people are totally unaware that WWIII has already started, but since it isnt "officially declared", no one pays any attention to it. And people are dying en-masse. Only reason we dont call it a World War yet is because no nukes have been launched either. Keep in mind we still have "missing nukes". World War III is a Proxy War only until such time that it is officially declared, and by then, it is too late.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    5 minutes to midnight (midnight = apocolypse) and last time it was moved, it was moved closer to midnight.

Problem is that most people are totally unaware that WWIII has already started, but since it isnt "officially declared", no one pays any attention to it. And people are dying en-masse. Only reason we dont call it a World War yet is because no nukes have been launched either. Keep in mind we still have "missing nukes". World War III is a Proxy War only until such time that it is officially declared, and by then, it is too late.
    Thanks for the info and update.

I was just making a lame joke.

Boston? Denver? Baton Rouge? Etc.?

Doomsday Clock moved closer to midnight

The world is closer to doomsday.

That's the message from the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, which moved its iconic Doomsday Clock up two minutes on Thursday. The clock now stands at three minutes to midnight, the "latest" it's been since 1984, when the Cold War between the U.S. and Soviet Union was a major issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/us/fea...utes-midnight/

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Thanks for the info and update.

I was just making a lame joke.

Boston? Denver? Baton Rouge? Etc.?
    In the War Room.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That's not correct, a world war is....... oh nevermind. We got that!

A world war is a war involving some of the world's most powerful and populous countries. World wars span multiple countries on multiple continents, with battles fought in multiple theaters.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war
    Nothing says Freedom like outlawing everything
    I make videos at my YouTube channel. Home of my aquaponics diary. Feel free to subscribe, thumbs up, comment or leave nasty messages, I love them all.

Yeah, I bitcoin! And I love donations!! 1Fs2JaaWVhp69yvUxuTnofomowejZLuMru

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    In the War Room.
    Not the War Room!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This whole thing is just silly... I watched an entire documentary on the Doomsday Clock once and maybe when the world was a bi-polar place it made sense, now it is just kind of meaningless.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Be afraid... be VERY afraid!

Of climate change, of course!
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 01-23-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This whole thing is just silly... I watched an entire documentary on the Doomsday Clock once and maybe when the world was a bi-polar place it made sense, now it is just kind of meaningless.
    you haven't talked to Al Gore yet have you?

Keep in mind we still have "missing nukes"
    Do you mean the missing nukes that were used to take down the WTC, or the missing nukes that Obama detonated off the coast of South Carolina?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Do you mean the missing nukes that were used to take down the WTC, or the missing nukes that Obama detonated off the coast of South Carolina?
    Those are the ones we know about.

I'll hope everyone does know that a Nuke was dropped by the US on US soil, right? The Nuke did not detonate, but three of the four safety mechanisms designed to prevent accidental detonation failed completely. Other side of the coin is that these Nukes have to be tested. There have been about 2000 Manmade Nuclear Detonations on planet Earth, but we are still here.

---

If I recall correctly, so please correct me if I am wrong, when this Doomsday Clock thing first started, wasnt it started at 15 Minutes to Midnight? Now we are down to just THREE? If it was your call to set the time on the clock, where would you put it? Seven Minutes? Ten Minuets? I'll enter my vote and put it at One Minute Thirty Seconds. But how about everyone else? What time would you set the Doomsday Clock to?
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Are you really saying that somebody nuked the WTC? If so, I think most of NY would be gone, not just 3 buildings (and maybe a few smaller ones). And when have nukes been detonated off the coast of South Carolina? How far off the coast? I think we would have known about it. This is truly bizarre stuff you're saying.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Are you really saying that somebody nuked the WTC? If so, I think most of NY would be gone, not just 3 buildings (and maybe a few smaller ones). And when have nukes been detonated off the coast of South Carolina? How far off the coast? I think we would have known about it. This is truly bizarre stuff you're saying.
    Veterans Today says they did just that. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/05...s-nuked-on-911

(and yet they still sometimes get cited as a serious source!)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Be afraid... be VERY afraid!

Of climate change, of course!
    Yea well a nuke would change the weather wouldn't it?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Veterans Today says they did just that. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/05...s-nuked-on-911

(and yet they still sometimes get cited as a serious source!)
    I'm not familiar with the site, or who quotes them or why, but a source making claim X that was stupid and wrong has no bearing on the validity of claim Y made by the same source.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 01-23-2015 at 09:36 PM.

That's OK. Their editor Gordon Duff has admitted that what he publishes is mostly false. He said 30% of his stuff is outright lies and a further 40% is at least partially false.

(Israel has a killer laser- armed aged 707 refueling tanker was another story).

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2015 at 10:48 PM.