Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "If You Question Authority, You Are Mentally Ill", Report Finds

"If You Question Authority, You Are Mentally Ill", Report Finds

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...l-report-finds

Only the Sheeple Are Sane

This post is about an issue that is by now a bit dated (though the topic as such certainly isn’t), but we have only just become aware of it and it seemed to us worth rescuing it from the memory hole. In late 2013, the then newest issue of the American Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM for short) defined a new mental illness, the so-called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD.

As TheMindUnleashed.org informs us, the definition of this new mental illness essentially amounts to declaring any non-conformity and questioning of authority as a form of insanity. According to the manual, ODD is defined as:

[…] an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

So lets talk about the DSM. The DSM is basically the Diagnosis Standard Model of Mental Health.

There is ZERO MEDICAL EVIDENCE to support any of the "mental conditions" listed in the DSM. They VOTE on what conditions they think are real and what conditions they dont think are real. They dont do studies, they DO get paid in Bribes from Big Pharma. They have zero evidence to support their made up bull$#@! for EVERY condition they diagnose, yet, they use this as an instruction manual for you to pop a bunch of pills at everyone elses expense.

There is a very serious case of Mental Illness in this country, but it is not with the people, it is with the Mental Health portion of the Medical Profession, and it is very very sick.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Random RPF member:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRAZY-stories-from-the-straight-jacket.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	3667

-t

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

What can be done about this? If someone tries to push against it wouldn't lead to being diagnosed ODD?

I recall reading some statistic that stated approximately 25% of women in the U.S. are on some sort of psychiatric drug. This is really alarming, since the other 75% of women are going untreated.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Whatever happened w/ that teacher who was institutionalized for writing a book about a school shooting?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

So, this is a democratic republic, which means it's the duty of the citizenry to oversee the elected, question their actions and their motives, and fire the ones who need to be fired and replace them.

Now we find out that any citizen who does his duty in this democratic republic is mentally ill.

As if Frasier wasn't proof enough that the least sane segment of this society is the psychiatric profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...l-report-finds

So lets talk about the DSM. The DSM is basically the Diagnosis Standard Model of Mental Health.
    The bolded text should be all anyone with so much as a sliver of intellect needs to realize that the DSM is worse than useless - it is DANGEROUS. Why? Because it asserts quite explicitly that there exist "right" and "wrong" mental states. If you cannot see the danger there, then all I can do is pity your blindness.

There is ZERO MEDICAL EVIDENCE to support any of the "mental conditions" listed in the DSM. They VOTE on what conditions they think are real and what conditions they dont think are real. They dont do studies, they DO get paid in Bribes from Big Pharma. They have zero evidence to support their made up bull$#@! for EVERY condition they diagnose, yet, they use this as an instruction manual for you to pop a bunch of pills at everyone elses expense.
    I was unaware of the "voting" procedure, but if true, then the document is even more wildly dangerous than I had heretofore imagined.

I must once again lapse into my broken-record mode and point out that which ought not need it: The DSM is now used in PRECISELY the same ways that the Soviet equivalent body of "scientific findings" were in their rotten Union to clip dissidence. The Soviets were absolutely NOTORIOUS for imprisoning those meeting with their disapproval and disdain in mental hospitals where they were used as human experimental subjects for all manner of "therapies". I remember this clearly from my youth and younger adulthood. The US government shrieked this message to all corners, alerting the "free world" to the dangers of those atrocities the filthy Soviets committed against their own.

The will to forget and to a general state of ignorance that is now evident in this nation is a frightful thing. How could anyone with an IQ even one point into the double-digits and possessing the least shred of human decency and self-respect bear witness to what is happening here and not see that it is a carbon-copy of what the Soviets did to their own? The Chinese are no innocent there, either, what with their "reeducation" facilities where the "mentally ill" are "treated".

$#@!'s sake Americans... what does it take?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Random RPF member:

-t
    Which one of you assenholes hacked my HIPPA files?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Psikhushka
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I always knew I was mentally ill. I first found out when my first grade teacher told me to sit down and I asked her "What authority do you have to make me sit?"

Oh well, guess I'll hit up CVS and see what kind of pills I can gobble down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, this is a democratic constitutionally limited republic, which means it's the duty of the citizenry to oversee the elected, question their actions and their motives, and fire the ones who need to be fired and replace them.
    1. Fixed that fer'y

2. Oversight be WAAAAAAYYYYY too much work for the Meaner, which is why he repudiates his responsibilities and surrenders his rights in toto to those in whom he trusts. Yes, Joey and Janey Meaner are the biggest $#@!s on the planet. Way bigger than the Chinese, Euros, Russkies, Ozzies, and so forth because we were set almost free 224 years ago and had ZERO excuse for our failure to take that bull by the balls and make it go where WE wanted it to go. But no; we let the bull do the driving and now we have a pair of horns up out American ass, about to be rocket-launched into low orbit. $#@! us all and $#@! the "greatest generation" and all of our forebears who did not fight the right fight - who failed to eliminate those who threatened their God-gifted rights, because that is exactly what they should have done, without hesitation, without pity, without compunction.

So here we stand, seemingly about to be taught who is really the boss, once and perhaps for all. If and when they let set that bitch upon us, we may all live to rue the day the Framers loosed the notions of natural freedom upon a world wholly unprepared for it. I don't know where we first went wrong - wherein the flaw rested - but I personally regret that the American people have not kept the faith, on the whole.

I question the authority of the authors of that report.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Psikhushka
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...e_Soviet_Union

And not to be left out,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...#United_States
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Interesting.... The DSM was originally created by the Government, not the medical establishment:

The Need for Classification

The origins of the DSM date back to 1840 — when the government wanted to collect data on mental illness. The term “idiocy/insanity” appeared in that year’s census.

Forty years later, the census expanded to feature these seven categories: “mania, melancholia, monomania, paresis, dementia, dipsomania and epilepsy.”

But there was still a need to gather uniform stats across mental hospitals. In 1917, the Bureau of the Census embraced a publication called the Statistical Manual for the Use of Institutions for the Insane. It was created by the Committee on Statistics of the American Medico-Psychological Association (now the American Psychiatric Association) and the National Commission on Mental Hygiene. The committees separated mental illness into 22 groups. The manual went through 10 editions until 1942.

DSM-I is Born
    http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...ight-not-know/
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I am crazyer than a mother $#@!er then.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I am crazyer than a mother $#@!er then.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ya know for 5 years or so I have randomly pondered the run in I had with social services and their pseudo science tests. After having earnestly answered their battery of tests thinking honesty the best policy, I was informed by their psychiatrist that my results indicated I lied on the tests. This has eaten at me for years because I knew damn good and well I did NOT lie on their tests. My spouse has done everything possible to try to convince me that the results were predetermined by the leading of the state which paid the large portion of funding this office received for operating. I have tried to accept this answer but there has always been a missing piece that did not fit for how a psychiatrist could do such a thing, I mean they went to school to help people, right?

So pondering this recently, I had a curious thought. I remember one of the tests I did with an assistant who was bemused with a particular test I had taken with her where I had gone a good ways further than most people go on and she remarked about that fact. Now, I also made sure I had answered the questions as accurately as possible considering a number of the questions are rewritten within the tests which changes the tone of what is being asked. They tell you to go with your gut when answer the question and answer with your first instinct. However, if you understand the tone of a word change you may be likely to fail the liars questions based on the fact that the question is leading and the nuance of the change inclines you to lean one way or the other. Still something was still missing with the connection between this and my dh's efforts to console me.

Well, since these tests factor into an opinion rendered by an individual who comes from heir own biases, you have to wonder how much overt and even more frustrating is the subliminal misperceptions being put forth as facts. I have long agreed this individual operated from a confirmation bias and it was in their best interest to have findings which support the state's position but how could they render an opinion which was so fallacious because I KNOW what was being said was wrong and from the liars questions the entire rest of the opinion followed. Yet, how could a "professional" be so wrong? Well, they comfort themselves with going by statistical and the "norms". For those outside of the norms it just sucks to be you and besides, how often will the individual psychiatrist run into that problem?

So this "doctor" played the odds and figured it would all work out in the wash. I would either prove the diagnosis accurate because it was, I would prove the diagnosis accurate because I would be so frustrated with its inaccuracy I would react in a manner to substantiate it, or on the smallest probability of options, was the potential that I would prove his diagnosis wrong, but the year of "service" will have timed out and the state gets custody by default. So it was not in his own self interest to buck the system and he could comfort himself that being outside the norm, even though his assistant recognized some measure of this, was unlikely and not worthy of consideration. (This isn't to say I fancy myself to have a superior intellect but that I was testing outside the norms of the experience of this particular office)

All of this brings me to this portion of the op article which struck a chord with me today:
    I have found that most psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals are not only extraordinarily compliant with authorities but also unaware of the magnitude of their obedience. And it also has become clear to me that the anti-authoritarianism of their patients creates enormous anxiety for these professionals, and their anxiety fuels diagnoses and treatments.
    These "doctors" operate with a superiority complex and have a blind spot for their own weaknesses. They operate in order to inflict a false compliance of normality based upon a preconceived notion of standards. They likely are so enamored with their own profession that they are clueless as to the harm they are inflicting upon those who they falsely accuse of whatever popular diagnosis gives them the best reward. Yet, to argue with them about the veracity of their profession and/or diagnosis is to leave oneself open to being guilty of whatever pet name they can ascribe to the critic to make your critical opinion a psychosis. It is completely infuriating. It is also completely infuriating to be accused of lying and told that based upon such lies they are claiming you have committed you are guilty of a disorder of some sort. The only saving grace is that time eventually proved the bastard wrong. Cold comfort I suppose. I feel sorry for other folks that have had my same experience with the mental health field...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

moos, may I suggest my own One Step Program?

Step one: Consider carefully and dispassionately what it is that you are taking seriously...

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

God damn I wish people could wake up.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the Soviet Union

During the leadership of General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev, psychiatry was used as a tool to eliminate political opponents ("dissidents") who openly expressed beliefs that contradicted official dogma.[4] The term "philosophical intoxication" was widely used to diagnose mental disorders in cases where people disagreed with leaders and made them the target of criticism that used the writings by Karl Marx,

BTW, the "right" person was not voted into the USSR, it imploded and cannibalism ensued.

lets finally be that one society that saw this coming and stopped it?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

<-------- Proud to have OCD for Liberty...

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    God damn{1} I wish people{2} could wake up.{3}

{4} Political abuse of psychiatry in the Soviet Union

During the leadership of General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev, psychiatry was used as a tool to eliminate political opponents ("dissidents") who openly expressed beliefs that contradicted official dogma.[4] The term "philosophical intoxication" was widely used to diagnose mental disorders in cases where people disagreed with leaders and made them the target of criticism that used the writings by Karl Marx,

BTW, the "right" person was not voted into the USSR, it imploded and cannibalism ensued.{5}

lets finally be that one society that saw this coming and stopped it?
    Signs and symptoms[edit] (WIKI - Oppositional Defiant Disorder)

Previously, DSM-IV-TR (that is now replaced by DSM-5) stated that the child must exhibit four out of the eight signs and symptoms listed below in order to meet the diagnostic threshold for oppositional defiant disorder.[3] Furthermore, they must be perpetuated for longer than six months and must be considered beyond normal child behavior to fit the diagnosis.[4][5]

Actively refuses to comply with majority's requests or consensus-supported rules.[6]{4}

Performs actions deliberately to annoy others.[6]{1}

Angry and resentful of others.[5]{2}

Argues often.[5]{5}

Blames others for their own mistakes.[7]

Frequently loses temper.[7]{3}

Spiteful or seeks revenge.[7]

Touchy or easily annoyed.[7]

These patterns of behavior result in impairment at school and/or other social venues.[5]

Common features of oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) include excessive, often persistent anger, frequent temper tantrums or angry outbursts, as well as disrespect of authority. Children and adolescents with ODD often purposely annoy others, blame others for their own mistakes, and are easily disrupted. Parents often observe more rigid and irritable behaviors than in siblings.[8] In addition, these young people may appear resentful of others, and when someone does something they don't like they prefer revenge over more sensitive solutions.[9]

For a child or adolescent to qualify for a diagnosis of ODD, these behaviors must cause considerable distress for the family or interfere significantly with academic or social functioning. Interference might take the form of preventing the child or adolescent from learning at school or making friends, or placing him or her in harmful situations. These behaviors must also persist for at least six months. Effects of ODD can be greatly amplified by other disorders in comorbidity such as ADHD.[10] Other common comorbid disorders include depression and substance use disorders.[11]
    BZZZZZT! Lock 'im up! Drug 'im up! Throw away the key until you shut 'im up!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    BZZZZZT! Lock 'im up! Drug 'im up! Throw away the key until you shut 'im up!
    lol!! that was good!!
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Actively refuses to comply with majority's requests or consensus-supported rules.[6]{4}

Performs actions deliberately to annoy others.[6]{1}

Angry and resentful of others.[5]{2}

Argues often.[5]{5}

Blames others for their own mistakes.[7]

Frequently loses temper.[7]{3}

Spiteful or seeks revenge.[7]

Touchy or easily annoyed.[7]
    If that doesn't describe Obama and his man-child of a wife to a "T", I don't know what does!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    moos, may I suggest my own One Step Program?

Step one: Consider carefully and dispassionately what it is that you are taking seriously...

Lol! Indeed. It really used to bother me, and not just for myself but because I knew if they did it to me then how many other people were swallowing their line of crap because the "doctors" are supposed to be professionals? It was only just recently that the thought rolled around again in the manner of a puzzle I never fully resolved and I was finally emotionally disconnected enough to come to a conclusion that is at least supported by someone other than myself regarding the disorder of the so called professionals of which they may or may not be aware of themselves. It is definitely a tool used by government to enforce compliance and not just in the so called foreign oppressive governments but our very own government as well.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Psikhushka
    Psikhushka (Russian: психушка; [pʲsʲɪˈxuʂkə]) is a Russian ironic diminutive for psychiatric hospital.[2] In Russia, the word entered everyday vocabulary.[3] It has been occasionally used in English since the Soviet dissident movement and diaspora community the West used the term. In the Soviet Union, psychiatric hospitals were often used by the authorities as prisons in order to isolate political prisoners from the rest of society, discredit their ideas, and break them physically and mentally; as such they were considered a form of torture.[4] The official explanation was that no sane person would be against socialism
    ///

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    $#@!'s sake Americans... what does it take?
    More than what we have at our disposal.

Waiting for them to "get it" is a losing proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The official explanation was that no sane person would be against socialism
    Still is, too. Though they don't use the S-word--yet--for fear of awakening the senior citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ///
    Everyone points to the USSR.

But the US is right up there.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...#United_States

http://warincontext.org/2013/05/12/a...-soviet-union/
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    What can be done about this? If someone tries to push against it wouldn't lead to being diagnosed ODD?
    The Truth shall set you free.

Once more people become completely aware that a bunch of bought off shrinks have been paid to VOTE on what gets thrown into the next edition, people realize the Truth that the DSM is in and of itself, the Lie. It will lose its credibility and people will begin to spread the idea that it has no credibility. Monopoloy on Belief isnt just limited to believing that Govt Authority is valid, but everything else that is used to garner more and more power. This is a part of that Monopoloy on Belief, just as the MSM is there to validate the endless wars and do everything they can to keep people from thinking. Thus, it is our job to make sure people Think for themselves.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast