Thread: Should human-shaped targets be banned?

Should human-shaped targets be banned?

HARRISBURG, Pa. — A Pennsylvania representative is angering gun supporters with his bill to ban human silhouette targets at shooting ranges across the state.

According to WHTM, Rep. Thaddeus Kirkland argues the person-shaped targets encourage violence.

“All we are trying to do here is making sure that folks realize that life is precious...And to place up on a wall a silhouette of a human being...it is a really bad practice,” Kirkland told WHTM. “Why not use a deer, why not use an animal that folks are hunting and not a human silhouette?”

Kirkland says he has already racked up nearly 10 co-sponsors for the bill, but opponents say his concerns are unfounded. They argue the silhouettes encourage self-defense, not unnecessary violence.

“We have a right to defend ourselves, and if we have a perpetrator who is another person and you are going to practice self-defense, it would make sense to practice on a silhouette target,” Pennsylvania gun shop owner Joseph Staudt told WHTM.

Kirland will represent the bill as the new legislative session begins.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...ebook_2014_sfp

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No.

"Banning" means more legislation which in turn empowers legislators and their enforcement arm the "Just-Us" department.

The only activity I'm comfortable permitting legislators to undertake is repealing current legislation and cutting funding.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It's important to be conditioned and to desensitize the instant reactions of the shooters.

I think banana-shaped humans should be targets. (sorry, Occam)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think banana-shaped humans should be targets. (sorry, Occam)

But ONLY for chimp-shaped shooters ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Well real people are human-shaped targets for police, so legally, we would be banning looking like a person.
    Which is handy, because the cover-up can use the fact that the person wasn't allowed to look like a person, so the shooting was justified.
    /coplogic
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

“All we are trying to do here is making sure that folks realize that life is precious...And to place up on a wall a silhouette of a human being...it is a really bad practice,” Kirkland told WHTM. “Why not use a deer, why not use an animal that folks are hunting and not a human silhouette?”
    Prolly 'cuz a person who actually wants to kill game doesn't use a handgun to do it. Just...SMFH...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Human shaped? No.

Human pics? yes

Edit: And by yes I mean practice being stopped not a law created
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Nothing says Freedom like outlawing everything
    I make videos at my YouTube channel. Home of my aquaponics diary. Feel free to subscribe, thumbs up, comment or leave nasty messages, I love them all.

Yeah, I bitcoin! And I love donations!! 1Fs2JaaWVhp69yvUxuTnofomowejZLuMru