Thread: RPF State of the Union?

RPF State of the Union?

Been insanely busy opening a new store and have barely kept up with anything that political for months, but I do miss my RPF brethren.

So I figured it would be fitting to get your take on the state of this liberty union, perhaps even on how we build and improve...

...Or turn this thread into a hilariously embarassing mess, we'll see which way it goes. I've missed you all!
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Move to LAGC - bump...

Last edited by Bryan; 01-22-2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Add video
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Honorable members of Congress, esteemed representatives of the media, exalted masters of the financial universe, and sane people:

The state of the Union is sound. This is the case, as always, as Will Rogers said, in spite of government, not by the aid of it. But rest assured that your government is not in any way complacent in this matter. Washington D.C. has rolled up its sleeves and is working daily to rectify this situation.

And toward that end, your federal government has once again contemplated the ancient fable of the ant and the grasshopper, and has devised yet another way to reward the foolishness of the grasshopper at the expense of the wise and forward-thinking ant. This, of course, is just what you expected. But we have unusually good news for you. This time, we will not merely be punishing the wise and long-suffering ants among us for the benefit of the foolish, short term thinking grasshoppers here in Washington, but for all the foolish and short sighted all across the nation! This will take the form of a new program to steal college savings from those wise enough to save for education, and distribute it among those who aren't. We anticipate great benefits from this, as the Official Indoctrination is often wasted on the smart and the wise, and we are very excited by the prospect of being able to thoroughly wash some more foolish brains...

[Your turn...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    your take on the state of this liberty union,
    Our ideas spreading, becoming more powerful, more widely held. Smart people doing innovative things that further liberty, such as: Uber, TaskRabbit, Second Market, the Seasteading Institute, SpaceX, Prosper.com, and Bitcoin. Encryption is taking off, with major initiatives from Google, Apple, and Yahoo, which will help protect people's privacy from the State.

Silicon Valley is the center of everything productive going on in the world right now. That it has libertarian leanings is a very, very good thing for the long-term future.

perhaps even on how we build and improve...
    More innovation. More entrepreneurship. We're libertarians, darn it! Why would we think inside the box to achieve our out-of-the-box vision?

One idea I'm floating out there that I think has potential:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Town-or-County