Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senate votes that climate change is real

Repeal Obamacare 50 more times.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn climate change! There was a huge change since yesterday, and the "experts" got their prediction backwards too! A tax and a new commodities exchange will fix it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senate votes that water is wet 98-1
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Then the wind turbines wouldn't work anymore if they knew it was illegal for wind resistance to exist.

Of course they could repeal the law of gravity. I doubt nature would listen to them though.
    Well then we're just koing to have to taze that witch and throw her in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Then the wind turbines wouldn't work anymore if they knew it was illegal for wind resistance to exist.

Of course they could repeal the law of gravity. I doubt nature would listen to them though.
    Me, too. Millions are high enough even with gravity in force--and weed has been illegal for eighty years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Well, if the Senate says it, it must be true. After all, we have to trust the authorities, or else how do we know anything?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Well, if the Senate says it, it must be true. After all, we have to trust the authorities, or else how do we know anything?
    Sides, it's a mental illness to question authority.

Wake me up when they vote on whether or not DiCaprio's character was awake or sleeping at the end of Inception.

I'm also curious whether time travel is possible.

They are also overdue on condemning those who wear white after labor day.

It's very sad that our entire legislative system seems to have been reduced to churning out the equivalent of press releases informing the public of the governments opinion about the truth of things and who it "condemns" or approves of.

Exactly what is the practical difference between Joe Sixpack "condemning" ISIS for instance on twitter and our elected officials condemning ISIS via symbolic legislation? The latter just costs the taxpayers money and reveals our leaders for the impotent fools they are.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

So did Congress ever vote on whether pooping is actually concentrated evil coming from my backside?

Because I'm really getting tired of holding it in.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

I can't wait to see how the vote goes for the Space is a Vacuum and You Can't Breathe There Bill. So embarrassing.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    If "taxes" are the solution, then the problem was never real in the first place.
    Yeah, the Bipartisan Budget Act at the end of December 2013(Paul Ryan, Jacob Lew, Boehner, and Obama & company) increased taxes $650 BILLION of the next 10 years!

Paul Ryan even came out in public on his Ryan-Murray swindling bill stating, "That it will save $23 Billion." Can't put that torwards your crafted climate change crap?

Yep, there's the logic of these political jelly fish and charlatans.

PS: Today the Grand Canyon too, stated there's climate change... when it looked in the mirror.

PSS: I think there's a whole bunch of new EPA regs that went into effect on Jan 1 for emissions. I presume that's not enough either, in that, only taxing the people more will stop climate change!
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Yeah, I'm the Taxman.
    If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat,
    If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat,
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
    Taxman.

Science By Democracy Doesn't Work
    http://science.slashdot.org/story/15...cy-doesnt-work

The US Senate just voted on whether climate change is a hoax, knowing full well that debates or votes don't change what is or isn't scientifically true or valid. Nevertheless, debates have always been a thing in science, and they do have their place: in raising what points would be needed to validate, robustly confirm or refute competing explanations, theories or ideas. The greatest scientific debate in all of history — along with its conclusions — illustrates exactly this.
    Did I not just discuss that the DSM (psychiatric manual) only list conditions that were voted on by a bunch of asshats that got paid by Big Pharma in this thread?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The science politics is settled!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The politics of science will always be infinitely more complex than the science itself. Alright, back to hiding in my hollowed out baking soda volcano lair...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Rand is a sly little devil! No matter how he votes on an issue, it's always the right way!

Senate votes that climate change is real
    Well thank goodness!

Without their astute guidance I could have never got through another day...

Tax dollars at work....

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I can't wait to see how the vote goes for the Space is a Vacuum and You Can't Breathe There Bill. So embarrassing.

What say you?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It looks to me like he just avoided landmines laid by idiots. So far as I can tell this bill really does nothing at all.it's just one of those that if you don't vote for it you'll get slammed by the media during your next campaign. All this bill was to begin with, is a trap.if I were there, I would certainly have done what I could to avoid the trap.
    Two-edged sword, my pal. The other result of playing it safe is that he earns the mistrust of people who'd given him the benefit of doubt. He squanders the capital of the "Paul" brand.

His problem is the same as that with about 98% of the people in the game: at the end of the day they are cowards, playing it safe for fear of loss. Winning and losing are irrelevant to the warrior. It reeks of selling oneself as a street whore in the morning for the sake of the "greater good" in the afternoon.

I don't trust him past my own nose. But I see no viable alternative stepping up, so let him grab the seat if he is able and then we will see with truer eyes the fabric whence he is cut. I think it likely he will sell out just like the rest have... or get his brains spread on a sidewalk, somewhere. He doesn't strike me as the hero sort, to the latter option seems unlikely to me. But let time and opportunity speak to us.

My question would be this: if Rand Paul becomes the next president, and I doubt that he will, and he sells out, where will that leave all his idolators?
    Last edited by osan; 01-23-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Next week they're voting to make, Pi = 3.
    What? I thought they were nullifying the law of gravity... what the hell?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yep, the climate does change..
    Yes, and this is more commonly known as "weather".

I've never seen a room full of scientists vote on a theory to determine if it's true.

I really doubt the senate voting on it makes it real.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Of course the climate changes. The question is the driver of climate change, particularly whether the primary driver is solar activity or human activity. I am squarely in the 'solar' camp. As to the bill, this is just stupid. What's next, a Congressional bill that says water is wet? We need an Act of Congress for this stupidity?
    This is precisely the point - one that apparently evades all these imbeciles who bloat on as if they had a clue. The total amount of insolation on any given day is enough to run all human affairs for a year with a $#@!-ton to spare.

That aside, NASA has measured the net planetary thermal load and it has not changed, which tells us either AGW is bull$#@!, or the laws of thermodynamics are wrong. One can but wonder which is the more likely case.
    Last edited by osan; 01-23-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12