Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Stewart Calls Out Mike Huckabee... To His Face

Jon Stewart Calls Out Mike Huckabee... To His Face

Mike Huckabee has been attacking Beyonce for music he calls "mental poison," and on Monday night's "Daily Show," the former Arkansas governor didn't back down from his assessment of Queen B.

"Beyonce is such a mega-talent. She can do anything," Huckabee told Jon Stewart. "She's got the pipes to sing. She's got the moves to dance. She doesn't have to be vulgar in order to set the trend."

Huckabee, who recently quit his Fox News show to explore another run for president, said Beyonce has become a role model to young girls and that perceived vulgarity is a problem.

"Do you know any parent who has a daughter who says, 'Honey, if you make really good grades, someday when you're 12 or 13 we'll get you your own stripper pole?'" Huckabee asked.

"I think that's diminishing Beyonce in a way that's truly outrageous," Stewart shot back, and then introduced a clip of Huckabee playing bass guitar during a Ted Nugent performance of "Cat Scratch Fever," a song loaded with sexual references.

"You excuse that type of crudeness because you agree with his stance on firearms. You don't approve of Beyonce because she seems alien to you," Stewart said. "Johnny Cash shot a man just to watch him die -- that's some gangsta $#@!!"

Huckabee claimed Nugent's song is different because "it's an adult song."

But Stewart didn't buy it.

"You can't single out a corrosive culture and ignore the one that you live in because you're used to it," Stewart said.

Huckabee told Stewart to read his new book, "God, Guns, Grits and Gravy."

"Oh, I read it," said Stewart.

"Did you?" Huckabee challenged. "OK."

"It ain't Shakespeare," Stewart said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...cs&ir=Politics

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cat scratch fever was a song for adults? I was about 10 years old when I would sing along with it on the radio.

That said, I am disappointed in Beyonce'. Ted Nugent was always a bit raunchy. (I was shocked to find out he was a republican, but the democrats likely chased him away with their anti gun hysteria). But Beyonce' started off pretty wholesome....that is before she hooked up with Jay-Z. She went from this

To this:
    Well I was going to post a picture but then I realized that would be hypocritical. Just Google Beyonce' topless if you want evidence.

And it's not just her hooking up with Jay-Z. There is something really weird going on with her. Check this quote out:

http://popdirt.com/god-lets-beyonce-...s-girls/21081/
    Destiny’s Child star Beyonce Knowles tells The Sun despite her sexy stage acts, she draws the line at sharing a live girl-on-girl kisses like Madonna and Britney Spears did. “I have standards. There are things I will not do,” she said. “I always carry myself like a lady. I don’t feel like I ever do anything raunchy. Maybe people here have a different meaning of the word raunchy, but I’m not disrespectful or dirty or nasty. The movements to ‘Crazy In Love’ were inspired by a traditional African dance – I don’t think there’s anything TOO sexy about it. It’s entertainment and I believe God is OK with that. I honestly believe He wants people to celebrate their bodies, as long as you don’t compromise your Christianity in the process.”

Okay, do what you want to do Beyonce'. But why bring God into it?

I know, I know, this is about Mike Huckabee, not Beyonce'. And I'll be honest. She is fine. And if she had always been slutty I wouldn't mind it. There's just something about people who start of normal but then go off the charts the more famous they get that irks me. It's like that whole Miley Cyrus thing. Anyway....I'm rambling. Yeah, Hucakbee is a douche and a hypocrit. LOL at the Johnny Cash "gansta" quip! Of course most gansta rap doesn't say follow up with "When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry.."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Of all the things to call out the Huckster on, he picks the one that is likely to make GOP Primary voters like him more.

If only music today had "innuendo" like it did in the past. There is a big difference between Cat Scratch Fever's or ACDC's dirty play on words and dipsticks of today..... like say Nickelback.... leavin absolutely nothing to the imagination for kids to figure out. (AKA...Something in your mouth)
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If only music today had "innuendo" like it did in the past. There is a big difference between Cat Scratch Fever's or ACDC's dirty play on words and dipsticks of today..... like say Nickelback.... leavin absolutely nothing to the imagination for kids to figure out. (AKA...Something in your mouth)
    Ummmm....I pretty much knew what cat scratch fever was talking about. Make pussy purr? Is there any kid over 8 that didn't know what that was talking about? And "something in your mouth" doesn't seem any more explicit than Clarence Carter's "Strokin" to me.

Now when I start making love to my woman
    I dont stop until I know shes sas-ified
    And I can always tell when she gets sas-ified
    Cause when she gets sas-fied she start calling my name
    Shed say: Clarence Carter, Clarence Carter, Clarence Carter
    Clarence Carter, ooooh $#@!, Clarence Carter
    The other night I was strokin my woman
    And it got so good to her, you know what she told me
    Let me tell you what she told me, she said:
    Stroke it Clarence Carter, but dont stroke so fast
    If my stuff aint tight enough, you can stick it up my... WOO!

Read more: Clarence Carter - Strokin' Lyrics | MetroLyrics

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummmm....I pretty much knew what cat scratch fever was talking about. Make pussy purr? Is there any kid over 8 that didn't know what that was talking about? And "something in your mouth" doesn't seem any more explicit than Clarence Carter's "Strokin" to me.

Now when I start making love to my woman
    I dont stop until I know shes sas-ified
    And I can always tell when she gets sas-ified
    Cause when she gets sas-fied she start calling my name
    Shed say: Clarence Carter, Clarence Carter, Clarence Carter
    Clarence Carter, ooooh $#@!, Clarence Carter
    The other night I was strokin my woman
    And it got so good to her, you know what she told me
    Let me tell you what she told me, she said:
    Stroke it Clarence Carter, but dont stroke so fast
    If my stuff aint tight enough, you can stick it up my... WOO!

Read more: Clarence Carter - Strokin' Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Compare innuendo of a cat to Nickelback talking straight up about a dick in your mouth? I don't think so?

I'm not saying that explicit stuff has never existed. But this stuff is mainstream. Few have ever heard of Carter.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Compare innuendo of a cat to Nickelback talking straight up about a dick in your mouth? I don't think so?
    I looked up the lyrics. Nickelback doesn't say "Dick in your mouth". In fact the word "dick" isn't in the song at all. They are talking about a stripper and how she has a thumb in her mouth.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nicke...yourmouth.html

Now the connection to oral sex is obvious, but it's not explicit. At least not in the lyrics that I can find.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-20-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Oh please, songs with explicit lyrics have been around forever.

NSFW!!! Very dirty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is like two cockroaches arguing over who has the longest antennae.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Of all the things to call out the Huckster on, he picks the one that is likely to make GOP Primary voters like him more.
    Thing is, Huckabee tries to claim the mantle representing Christians. I'm of the opinion that nobody wanting to do so should have been up on that stage singing or playing along with that song (let alone having it on his tv show). Innuendo or not, for adults or not; that song is lewd. If that makes the GOP voters want to support him more, then that is just sad.

As to his book title, "God, Guns, Grits and Gravy", seriously? Is this some kind of parody or what? I'm pretty sure I just came to the conclusion that Huckabee running is one big joke on the GOP voter. At least he isn't distracting from the fact that he put on most of that weight he bragged about losing through hardwork back in 2008. Maybe this time he'll stand up there and say Obamacare made him fat.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 01-20-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Thing is, Huckabee tries to claim the mantle representing Christians. I'm of the opinion that nobody wanting to do so should have been up on that stage singing or playing along with that song (let alone having it on his tv show). Innuendo or not, for adults or not; that song is lewd. If that makes the GOP voters want to support him more than that is just sad.

As to his book title, "God, Guns, Grits and Gravy", seriously? Is this some kind of parody or what? I'm pretty sure I just came to the conclusion that Huckabee running is one big joke on the GOP voter. At least he isn't distracting from the fact that he put on most of that weight he bragged about losing through hardwork back in 2008. Maybe this time he'll stand up there and say Obamacare made him fat.
    Chapter 10 of "God, Guns, Grits and Gravy"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Thing is, Huckabee tries to claim the mantle representing Christians. I'm of the opinion that nobody wanting to do so should have been up on that stage singing or playing along with that song (let alone having it on his tv show). Innuendo or not, for adults or not; that song is lewd. If that makes the GOP voters want to support him more, then that is just sad.

Yeah....good point.

I looked up the lyrics. Nickelback doesn't say "Dick in your mouth". In fact the word "dick" isn't in the song at all. They are talking about a stripper and how she has a thumb in her mouth.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nicke...yourmouth.html

Now the connection to oral sex is obvious, but it's not explicit. At least not in the lyrics that I can find.
    Ok True.

I think people are fooling themselves if they think that music isn't more obviously explicit about things than it once was though. Don't be mistaken....I'm not advocating for censorship or any of that crap.....
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh please, songs with explicit lyrics have been around forever.

NSFW!!! Very dirty.

LOL, was gonna post this one myself and you beat me to it! I wish I wasn't outta rep.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Exactly... this helps solidify Huckabee with the base... Stewart should've been trying to drive a wedge there if he were politically smart...
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Heh. You want to read some raunchy stuff? Read Chaucer.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok True.

I think people are fooling themselves if they think that music isn't more obviously explicit about things than it once was though. Don't be mistaken....I'm not advocating for censorship or any of that crap.....
    Oh I agree. There's that Nine Inch Nails song with the lyrics "I want to f*%# you like an animal...." Though I think the general truth is that explicit lyrics are far more common. And in the 1970s we didn't have the Internet so one couldn't Google up images of Beyonce' topless and her more recent concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Exactly... this helps solidify Huckabee with the base... Stewart should've been trying to drive a wedge there if he were politically smart...
    Um, really?! Seems to me Stewart knew exactly what he was doing. A stronger Huck with the base weakens the eventual nominee - and it ain't gonna be Huck.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Wow, he's fat again? He can't even control his body. How's he going to "run the country"?

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Heh. You want to read some raunchy stuff? Read Chaucer.
    The Canterbury Tales was required reading in one of my high school English classes.

Huck has no chance whatsoever in a general election. And in 2015 I think he's even out of touch with the trending direction of the GOP. Huck is trying to pull the GOP back towards his wing of the party whose days are done. They had their chance and that part of the party is shrinking. Rand is where the future of the GOP is. Just look at the demographics. Millenials in the GOP are more likely to be conservatarian if not libertarian than ever before. Huck is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Um, really?! Seems to me Stewart knew exactly what he was doing. A stronger Huck with the base weakens the eventual nominee - and it ain't gonna be Huck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Huck has no chance whatsoever in a general election. And in 2015 I think he's even out of touch with the trending direction of the GOP. Huck is trying to pull the GOP back towards his wing of the party whose days are done. They had their chance and that part of the party is shrinking. Rand is where the future of the GOP is. Just look at the demographics. Millenials in the GOP are more likely to be conservatarian if not libertarian than ever before. Huck is delusional.
    Delusional?

Are you laughing all the way to the bank?

Is delusional the right word for leading a whole flock of dumb voters out into the desert where they'll die of a lack of allies because you're being paid very, very well to do so? Or would 'totally dishonest and totally mercenary' be closer to the mark?

Why would John Stewart help him do it? Why wouldn't John Stewart do it?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Here's a crazy thought. At the end of the day Jon Stewart wants to make money. And ratings equals money. And pointing out the silly hypocrisy of the religious right is good for ratings. I'm not even sure this segment really helps Huckabee with his base. Yeah I love Ted Nugent, but does anyone really think Cat Scratch Fever is anything but what it is?

Ted Nugent 1970s.

Ted Nugent 21st century.

Yeah...he's got a cowboy hat and boots on and know looks more like Charlie Daniels than David Lee Roth....but....

Really though....my music is now on geritol.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Wow, he's fat again? He can't even control his body. How's he going to "run the country"?
    Who does he think he is? Oprah? Seriously though, he's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The Canterbury Tales was required reading in one of my high school English classes.
    I read all of it, even though the instructor only required the tame stuff.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a crazy thought. At the end of the day Jon Stewart wants to make money. And ratings equals money. And pointing out the silly hypocrisy of the religious right is good for ratings. I'm not even sure this segment really helps Huckabee with his base. Yeah I love Ted Nugent, but does anyone really think Cat Scratch Fever is anything but what it is?

Ted Nugent 1970s.

Yeah...he's got a cowboy hat and boots on and know looks more like Charlie Daniels than David Lee Roth....but....

Really though....my music is now on geritol.
    Here's a theory. Maybe Huckster didn't know what Cat Scratch Fever was about until Stewart told him. My parents didn't.

Huckster doesn't look like he's ever been down that road if you know what I mean.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Who does he think he is? Oprah? Seriously though, he's fat.

I read all of it, even though the instructor only required the tame stuff.
    I remember a an assignment in college: describe the misogyny in The Handless Maiden.

Here's a theory. Maybe Huckster didn't know what Cat Scratch Fever was about until Stewart told him. My parents didn't.

Huckster doesn't look like he's ever been down that road if you know what I mean.
    LOL. Though the little grin on the Huckters face before Steward even played the clip tells me otherwise....as nauseating as the thought of Huckabee learning about scratching cats might be.

On a side note, Ice-T is pro gun. I wonder if Huckabee will to a gig with him rapping "Cop killer."

LOL. Though the little grin on the Huckters face before Steward even played the clip tells me otherwise....as nauseating as the thought of Huckabee learning about scratching cats might be.

Ewww....

BTW, I was just joking in that rep comment jmdrake. I hit the send button before I added just kidding.

Fair enough, maybe he just thought it was a form of dog torture; I mean that's something his family has plenty of experience with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast