Thread: American Sniper’s father threatened Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper?

American Sniper’s father threatened Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper?

If this film's direction and content was put togther with below threat from Kyle's father hanging over their heads, should Clint and Cooper apologize to black people of New Orleans and brown people of Iraq if end result was pro war spin/inaccurate representation of actual facts in this movie?

Is below threat protected by "free speech"?

‘I’d Unleash Hell': American Sniper’s Dad Put Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper in Their Place Before Filming

By Michael Hausam

Director Clint Eastwood and actor Bradley Cooper went to Hamilton, Texas, to meet with Wayne Kyle before production began of the movie American Sniper. What they got was a friendly Texas welcome – but also a firm warning.
    Wayne’s son, Chris Kyle, was one of the most prolific snipers in the history of the United States, and the film is based upon his autobiography of the same name.

The soldier was tragically killed in February 2013 by a veteran whom Kyle was helping recover from post-traumatic stress disorder.
    Mr. Kyle was wary of how a Hollywood film, which Eastwood is directing, would treat his son, but both men assured him that they would take care of Chris’ reputation.
    According to the Daily Mail, Mr. Kyle then said this:

I told them I would unleash hell on them if they did anything to disrespect my son.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/12/2214...erican-sniper/

Related

The real American Sniper was a hate-filled killer. Why are simplistic patriots treating him as a hero?

Lindy West
    Clint Eastwood’s film about Navy Seal Chris Kyle has hit a raw nerve in America, with right wingers calling for the rape or death of anyone ungrateful enough to criticise his actions

Tuesday 6 January 2015 13.00 EST

But however effective it is as a piece of cinema, even a cursory look into the film’s backstory – and particularly the public reaction to its release – raises disturbing questions about which stories we choose to codify into truth, and whose, and why, and the messy social costs of transmogrifying real life into entertainment.
    Chris Kyle, a US navy Seal from Texas, was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and claimed to have killed more than 255 people during his six-year military career. In his memoir, Kyle reportedly described killing as “fun”, something he “loved”; he was unwavering in his belief that everyone he shot was a “bad guy”. “I hate the damn savages,” he wrote. “I couldn’t give a flying $#@! about the Iraqis.” He bragged about murdering looters during Hurricane Katrina, though that was never substantiated.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ero-chris-kyle

Chris Kyle USN Ret
    Most lethal sniper in U.S. history
    Evil in the Crosshairs
    01/27/2012 5:34 pm
    Savage, despicable evil. That's what we were fighting in Iraq. That's why a lot of people, myself included, called the enemy "savages." There really was no other way to describe what we encountered there.
    People ask me all the time, "How many people have you killed?" My standard response is, "Does the answer make me less, or more, of a man?"
    The number is not important to me. I only wish I had killed more.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-...b_1237669.html

Lie by Lie: The Mother Jones Iraq War Timeline

Stop Calling the Iraq War a 'Mistake' -- it resulted from calculated deception

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what? Most parents would feel the same way.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The dad may not want to make Clint's day.

I've only seen the tv ads, but apparently portraying his boy often sobbing like a little girl isn't disrespectful.

- i'm pulling for an Oscar shutout.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    So what? Most parents would feel the same way.
    Granted parental emotions can be strong (This Is The Face Of Terrorism) , if CK had bragged about sniping Americans after Katrina displaced many , most of them black Americans, or if pride in sniping of Iraqis was motivated by some racist revenge spree following an invasion based on lies, and movie makers did not cover these angles out of fear... then "so what" doesn't apply right?

If this film's direction and content was put togther with below threat from Kyle's father hanging over their heads, should Clint and Cooper apologize to black people of New Orleans and brown people of Iraq if end result was pro war spin/inaccurate representation of actual facts in this movie?

Is below threat protected by "free speech"?

Savage, despicable evil. That's what we were fighting in Iraq. That's why a lot of people, myself included, called the enemy "savages." There really was no other way to describe what we encountered there.
    People ask me all the time, "How many people have you killed?" My standard response is, "Does the answer make me less, or more, of a man?"

Related

U.S. Army battling racists within its own ranks

Proud Christian Zionist Ted Cruz honors Iraq war hero Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle USN Ret
    Evil in the Crosshairs

Posted: 01/27/2012 5:34 pm

I looked through the scope of the sniper rifle, scanning down the road of the tiny Iraqi town. Fifty yards away, a woman opened the door of a small house and stepped outside with her child.
    The rest of the street was deserted. The local Iraqis had gone inside, most of them scared. A few curious souls peeked out from behind curtains, waiting. They could hear the rumble of the approaching American unit. ..

"Marines are coming," said my chief as the building began to shake. "Keep watching."
    I looked through the scope. The only people who were moving were the woman and maybe a child or two nearby.
    I watched our troops pull up. Ten young, proud Marines in uniform got out of their vehicles and gathered for a foot patrol. As the Americans organized, the woman took something from beneath her clothes, and yanked at it.
    She'd set a grenade. I didn't realize it at first.
    "Looks yellow," I told the chief, describing what I saw as he watched himself. "It's yellow, the body--"
    "She's got a grenade," said the chief. "That's a Chinese grenade."
    "$#@!."
    "Take a shot."
    "But--"
    "Shoot. Get the grenade. The Marines--"
    I hesitated. Someone was trying to get the Marines on the radio, but we couldn't reach them. They were coming down the street, heading toward the woman.
    "Shoot!" said the chief.
    I pushed my finger against the trigger. The bullet leapt out. I shot. The grenade dropped. I fired again as the grenade blew up.
    It was the first time I'd killed anyone while I was on the sniper rifle. And the first time in Iraq--and the only time--I killed anyone other than a male combatant.
    It was my duty to shoot, and I don't regret it. The woman was already dead. I was just making sure she didn't take any Marines with her.
    It was clear that not only did she want to kill them, but she didn't care about anybody else nearby who would have been blown up by the grenade or killed in the firefight. Children on the street, people in the houses, maybe her child...
    She was too blinded by evil to consider them. She just wanted Americans dead, no matter what.
    My shots saved several Americans, whose lives were clearly worth more than that woman's twisted soul. I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job. But I truly, deeply hated the evil that woman possessed. I hate it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    I've only seen the tv ads, but apparently portraying his boy often sobbing like a little girl isn't disrespectful.

- i'm pulling for an Oscar shutout.
    Ummm no offense but I'd more worried about the mental status of a man that has never cried as an adult. I'd like to consider myself an alpha male but damn sometimes you lose it and can't control it. It is just humanizing.

BTW, I am not defending the movie, or the man. I'm just saying in general. I have no real opinion about the man, nor do I really care to find out. I have no interest in seeing a war movie right now either.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

You know what? I've read this before, but reading it again makes me really feel sorry for Chris Kyle. If he was telling the truth this time, apparently unlike his made up lies (I hope) about sniping Americans post Katrina, then he really didn't want to shoot that woman. But he was directly ordered and pressured by he commanding officer to do so, and the guys in danger were his buddies. What's the easiest way to deal with that in the aftermath? Why hate the person you shot of course. How dare she make him shoot her! It's easier to hate her if you think of her as just being "evil" and "just wanting dead Americans." But if you consider that maybe, just maybe, her husband had already been killed by the invading U.S. army "liberators" and getting some measure of revenge was all she had left to live for? Naw.....she just hated us for our "freedoms."

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Granted parental emotions can be strong (This Is The Face Of Terrorism) , if CK had bragged about sniping Americans after Katrina displaced many , most of them black Americans, or if pride in sniping of Iraqis was motivated by some racist revenge spree following an invasion based on lies, and movie makers did not cover these angles out of fear... then "so what" doesn't apply right?

Related

U.S. Army battling racists within its own ranks

Proud Christian Zionist Ted Cruz honors Iraq war hero Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle USN Ret
    Evil in the Crosshairs

Posted: 01/27/2012 5:34 pm

I looked through the scope of the sniper rifle, scanning down the road of the tiny Iraqi town. Fifty yards away, a woman opened the door of a small house and stepped outside with her child.
    The rest of the street was deserted. The local Iraqis had gone inside, most of them scared. A few curious souls peeked out from behind curtains, waiting. They could hear the rumble of the approaching American unit. ..

"Marines are coming," said my chief as the building began to shake. "Keep watching."
    I looked through the scope. The only people who were moving were the woman and maybe a child or two nearby.
    I watched our troops pull up. Ten young, proud Marines in uniform got out of their vehicles and gathered for a foot patrol. As the Americans organized, the woman took something from beneath her clothes, and yanked at it.
    She'd set a grenade. I didn't realize it at first.
    "Looks yellow," I told the chief, describing what I saw as he watched himself. "It's yellow, the body--"
    "She's got a grenade," said the chief. "That's a Chinese grenade."
    "$#@!."
    "Take a shot."
    "But--"
    "Shoot. Get the grenade. The Marines--"
    I hesitated. Someone was trying to get the Marines on the radio, but we couldn't reach them. They were coming down the street, heading toward the woman.
    "Shoot!" said the chief.
    I pushed my finger against the trigger. The bullet leapt out. I shot. The grenade dropped. I fired again as the grenade blew up.
    It was the first time I'd killed anyone while I was on the sniper rifle. And the first time in Iraq--and the only time--I killed anyone other than a male combatant.
    It was my duty to shoot, and I don't regret it. The woman was already dead. I was just making sure she didn't take any Marines with her.
    It was clear that not only did she want to kill them, but she didn't care about anybody else nearby who would have been blown up by the grenade or killed in the firefight. Children on the street, people in the houses, maybe her child...
    She was too blinded by evil to consider them. She just wanted Americans dead, no matter what.
    My shots saved several Americans, whose lives were clearly worth more than that woman's twisted soul. I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job. But I truly, deeply hated the evil that woman possessed. I hate it to this day.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think that everyone involved in this is a scumbag, thus I frankly don't care. But, "unleashing hell" is ambiguous so I'm not sure if its a threat of violence.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know what? I've read this before, but reading it again makes me really feel sorry for Chris Kyle. If he was telling the truth this time, apparently unlike his made up lies (I hope) about sniping Americans post Katrina, then he really didn't want to shoot that woman. But he was directly ordered and pressured by he commanding officer to do so, and the guys in danger were his buddies. What's the easiest way to deal with that in the aftermath? Why hate the person you shot of course. How dare she make him shoot her! It's easier to hate her if you think of her as just being "evil" and "just wanting dead Americans." But if you consider that maybe, just maybe, her husband had already been killed by the invading U.S. army "liberators" and getting some measure of revenge was all she had left to live for? Naw.....she just hated us for our "freedoms."
    You're more merciful than me. Either Kyle was a zombie who literally couldn't think clearly about what he was doing beyond "following orders" in which case I'm not sure he's anymore "human" than the guys who were nuremberged. Or he should have known he was invading a foreign country. Either way, he's a murderer who, though in an immoral fashion, got as he deserved.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know what? I've read this before, but reading it again makes me really feel sorry for Chris Kyle. If he was telling the truth this time, apparently unlike his made up lies (I hope) about sniping Americans post Katrina, then he really didn't want to shoot that woman. But he was directly ordered and pressured by he commanding officer to do so, and the guys in danger were his buddies...
    Maybe.

Or maybe not.

Let's wait till all the facts are confirmed.