Thread: Rick Perry on 2016: 'I'm ready'

Rick Perry on 2016: 'I'm ready'

Gov. Rick Perry says he's finished preparations for a 2016 presidential campaign and will announce his intentions "at the appropriate time."

The Texas Republican, whose 2012 presidential campaign was plagued by gaffes and organizational issues, said he's ready for a new type of campaign now that he's free to focus all his effort on a race.

"I don't shy away from the fact that I have been preparing," Perry, who is leaving office after a 14-year tenure, told the Associated Press Friday. "Preparation's done. I'm ready."

“This is my last public speech [as governor], so I have a few things to say," Perry said at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting in San Diego on Friday, according to the Texas Tribune. "First among them: Thank you for helping us elect a Republican majority in both houses of Congress."

Perry also took the opportunity to jab President Obama for failing to attend an anti-terror march in Paris earlier this week.

"Leaders of the Western world gathered in the streets of Paris and our president was nowhere to be found," Perry said. "When leaders of the world gather to stand against terrorism, the president of the United States needs to be there. He needs to be standing on the front row."

Perry also took aim at the immigration debate, blaming Congress for failing to take action and Obama for acting on his own.

"The fact is Congress should’ve acted many years ago. But the answer isn’t an executive order to bypass Congress. The answer is to work with Congress to secure the border."

Perry is currently 10th in the RealClearPolitics polling average for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, although one candidate ahead of Perry — Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan — has said he won't be running.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush leads the field at 17 percentage points.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ar...ampaign=buffer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good bye, Rick. You're finally not TX Governor anymore, you won't be missed. I hope the door hits you on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Gotta love the artist rendering )) ... Rick Perry may be ready, but I'm sure not ready for him.

"Preparation's done." Perry has memorized three federal departments.

Would there really be any support for this guy? I mean in all seriousness, does he actually think he has a chance of winning, given his performance last time around along with the crowded 2016 competition?
    Benton/Collins 2016

LMAO @ him seriously running to be the next President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Would there really be any support for this guy? I mean in all seriousness, does he actually think he has a chance of winning, given his performance last time around along with the crowded 2016 competition?
    I can't imagine he has too much support. Honestly, I have no idea why some of these guys are running.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I can't imagine he has too much support. Honestly, I have no idea why some of these guys are running.
    He isn't--at least not yet. He's sticking his toes in the water.

That said, the powers that be will throw money at anyone who might siphon some votes off of Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

At best he is another professional clown, masquerading as a grass roots "conservative". At worst, he is just as dangerous as Obama.

Just my view.

Someone wants his own talk show on Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Good point. I didn't even think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    You think he can read a teleprompter?

I think he wants a cabinet position. Probably his old position he had in Texas: Sec. of Agriculture.

Honestly, I have no idea why some of these guys are running.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Good. Dilute the rino vote.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Good. Dilute the rino vote.
    The "RINO vote" will be divided between Bush, Romney, and Christie, and perhaps a bit of Walker. Perry will compete for the Santorum/Huck and Cruz blocs, but their presence will doom his candidacy from the onset.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is slight tepid support for Perry in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    There is slight tepid support for Perry in Iowa.
    That much?

Perry jumped into the presidential race in 2011 to much fanfare from the media. He raised a huge amount of money in six weeks ($17,000,000), way more than anyone else in the same time frame, and surged to first-place in all the polls.

Then Perry completely bombed in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

What's changed? He's still a Texas dope who gives too many people PTSD flashbacks of George W. Bush.

This race is getting crowded and I don't think there is much room for Perry. there is little enthusiasm for Rick Perry at least in my neck of the woods in Iowa.

It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

LOL

When was that?

That needs to be a sound option in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post

LOL

When was that?
    Years ago, he's a piece of shi... errr, work.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Will he be able to leave the state to campaign while his case is still active?

That needs to be a sound option in chat.
    Suzanimal, you are a sick puppy.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Suzanimal, you are a sick puppy.

You have no idea, Badgiraffe.