Thread: Former Ron Paul Delegate Running for State Rep.

Former Ron Paul Delegate Running for State Rep.

So a former delegate to the state convention in Louisiana is now running for State Representative. He was on the rules committee and was a Ron Paul delegate. This is a special election and he is a serious candidate who is in contention. Because it's a special election, there's only about a month before the general and, should he make the runoff, less than a month before the runoff election.

If anyone is interested in helping, you can visit his website and like his facebook page. The biggest thing you could do is donate a couple bucks now to help his campaign. Because it's a special election, money will be the crux of the matter.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When is the election?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    When is the election?
    Incredibly soon. Saturday, February 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown1027 View Post
    Incredibly soon. Saturday, February 21.
    Any fundraising comparison info?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Any fundraising comparison info?
    I don't have any, but I know several major GOP donors in the area who are staying out of it.

Here we go....who is he?

Bond, Rick Bond...
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

You'll have to sell him more since I can't find anything in his platform that relates to liberty, nor can I find any proof that he was a Ron Paul delegate.

“So when it comes to fighting for higher education funding and support of our universities, put me on top of your list."
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    You'll have to sell him more since I can't find anything in his platform that relates to liberty, nor can I find any proof that he was a Ron Paul delegate.
    A local newspaper listing him as a Paul delegate, the list is on Pg. 5: http://centralcitynews.us/wp-content...-26-12-web.pdf

“So when it comes to fighting for higher education funding and support of our universities, put me on top of your list."
    He's one of ours. He was a delegate, he got the endorsement of the former chair for the Ron Paul campaign here in Louisiana, and he's listed in the FEC Records as making donations to some liberty-friendly types. If you dig, the evidence is there.

Looks like he just got a major endorsement, too.

In Baton Rouge, this is a make or break endorsement in the local republican party. http://theadvocate.com/news/11379155...oses-rick-bond

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Uh, no. I was at that forum--he said that he supported the higher standards that common core came with, but was very much opposed to its testing systems, on-going programs, and roll-out. He does not support Common Core as it exists now.

Uh, no. I was at that forum--he said that he supported the higher standards that common core came with, but was very much opposed to its testing systems, on-going programs, and roll-out. He does not support Common Core as it exists now.
    Did you read his quote in that article?

Did you read his quote in that article?
    "I feel a lot of politicians have been running away from that, and I feel higher standards are important,"

The "That" he was referencing was "improving education standards". He said at the beginning of his statement, stated very strongly, that Common Core had a lot of issues and then rattled off a few (I dont remember those exactly) and then said something about how higher education standards, though, should be the goal.

With that said, even if he supported Common Core, he'd have my vote. Louisiana lacks for libertarian options and this guy is a true-blue Ron Pauler.

"I feel a lot of politicians have been running away from that, and I feel higher standards are important,"

The "That" he was referencing was "improving education standards". He said at the beginning of his statement, stated very strongly, that Common Core had a lot of issues and then rattled off a few (I dont remember those exactly) and then said something about how higher education standards, though, should be the goal.

With that said, even if he supported Common Core, he'd have my vote. Louisiana lacks for libertarian options and this guy is a true-blue Ron Pauler.
    I'm not sure how a Ron Pauler could justify fighting to keep government funding for higher education or supporting the government imposing standards on schools. It pretty much flies in the face of any logical liberty position.

If he was bold and listed strong liberty positions as his issues I would be all for supporting and even donating, but I've seen enough of the "trust me" go sour to be skeptical. When red flags appear, that is usually a good sign to not go all in.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure how a Ron Pauler could justify fighting to keep government funding for higher education or supporting the government imposing standards on schools. It pretty much flies in the face of any logical liberty position.

If he was bold and listed strong liberty positions as his issues I would be all for supporting and even donating, but I've seen enough of the "trust me" go sour to be skeptical. When red flags appear, that is usually a good sign to not go all in.
    Uh, no one is "perfect". Ron Paul has a bad immigration position. Rand has occasionally made war-like noises. Walter Jones is bad on free markets.

Point is, he doesnt have to be perfect. He's really good and he's a guy who would listen to, and endorse, people like Rand Paul. It's a win.

Quick question. Is this the same Richard Bond that donated large amounts of money to Lindsay Graham, Rob Portman, Peter King and other abhorrent people as "Bond & Company" in Alexandria VA? The reason I ask is FEC records show "Rick Bond" as donating to the LP in 2007 from LA...the LP office address listed is literally located around the corner from the office of Bond and Company. Bond and Company description sorta matches the info on Rick Bond's background, per his website. The name Richard Bond also shows a donation to Mary Landrieu from Lake Charles LA address in 2012. Small world eh?

Is this Rick Bond and that Richard Bond the same person? I'd be willing to put some effort behind him as long as I'm assured he's not the same person that donated to those hideous people. Post info on Rick Bond's donations to liberty candidates since I only found that $250 donation to the LP 8 years ago. PM me if it's not the same person and it can be proven. I'll help him out.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-24-2015 at 04:52 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Quick question. Is this the same Richard Bond that donated large amounts of money to Lindsay Graham, Rob Portman, Peter King and other abhorrent people as "Bond & Company" in Alexandria VA? The reason I ask is FEC records show "Rick Bond" as donating to the LP in 2007 from LA...the LP office address listed is literally located around the corner from the office of Bond and Company. Bond and Company description sorta matches the info on Rick Bond's background, per his website. The name Richard Bond also shows a donation to Mary Landrieu from Lake Charles LA address in 2012. Small world eh?

Is this Rick Bond and that Richard Bond the same person? I'd be willing to put some effort behind him as long as I'm assured he's not the same person that donated to those hideous people. Post info on Rick Bond's donations to liberty candidates since I only found that $250 donation to the LP 8 years ago. PM me if it's not the same person and it can be proven. I'll help him out.

No, different people. Bond has never worked in D.C. (or Alexandria). His companies are all based locally. And if he had donated to Graham, Portman, or King, the Ron Paul campaign wouldn't have trusted him to run the Rules Committee for us here in Louisiana. I can't prove donations other than the LP one through the FEC, but numerous Louisiana liberty activists have vouched for him and donated to his campaign in the last month. It's starting to gain steam.

I donated a small amount. It would have been more if you were better able to prove what you claim regarding his background and if there was more available about him actually being a bona fide RP supporter. Future candidates need to realize that basically "hiding" their libertarian past is not going to benefit them if they want to solicit donations and support from places like RPF.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I donated a small amount. It would have been more if you were better able to prove what you claim regarding his background and if there was more available about him actually being a bona fide RP supporter. Future candidates need to realize that basically "hiding" their libertarian past is not going to benefit them if they want to solicit donations and support from places like RPF.
    I proved he was a delegate for Ron Paul in 2012 and that he donated to the LP a few years back. I don't think he's HIDING his libertarian past, he's also not soliciting support, I'm trying to drum up support on his behalf. He's a great guy and a good candidate in a wide-open race.

I proved he was a delegate for Ron Paul in 2012 and that he donated to the LP a few years back. I don't think he's HIDING his libertarian past, he's also not soliciting support, I'm trying to drum up support on his behalf. He's a great guy and a good candidate in a wide-open race.
    You should know that we don't just take people's words for it these days. There's ways around trying not to turn off low info types while appeasing base supporters. Heck, create a page on his website that isn't linked anywhere else (on his website, that is) that covers his liberty background. THEN link that here. Low info voters will never see it but base folks can. If I saw an endorsement from torchbearer on his hypothetical hidden page, given Bond's location, I'd care much more about that than some random business development PAC. Just an example.

You could also thank me for the donation. That would help. I'm just trying to help you and your candidate.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-26-2015 at 03:15 AM.

You should know that we don't just take people's words for it these days. There's ways around trying not to turn off low info types while appeasing base supporters. Heck, create a page on his website that isn't linked anywhere else (on his website, that is) that covers his liberty background. THEN link that here. Low info voters will never see it but base folks can. If I saw an endorsement from torchbearer on his hypothetical hidden page, given Bond's location, I'd care much more about that than some random business development PAC. Just an example.

You could also thank me for the donation. That would help. I'm just trying to help you and your candidate.
    Oh my gosh, you're right! I didn't mean to make it sound ungrateful--thanks for supporting liberty in Louisiana. I just wanted to clarify.

I know everyone here knows torchbearer, and my word probably isn't as good as his. But if you look and see when I joined RPF, you'll see I was an original. Torchbearer and I have a thread on here (somewhere) where we come up with, and execute, the idea to put Ron Paul on the ballot as a third party candidate in 2008.

Looks like he got two more major endorsements--LOGPAC (Oil & Gas Industry PAC) and ABC Pelican PAC (Associated Builders and Contractors in Louisiana). Early voting has started.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Into the final days of the jungle primary election--with a runoff almost certain.

Bond has raised good money, 2nd in the race I think, out of 4 candidates. He's currently running television ads, too.

13.8% turnout. We could swing some of these smaller election if we had good get out the vote tactics.