Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNC cuts 2016 debate schedule to 12 events - includes debate schedule

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I don't know, I think Rand will get Top Tier time in the debates as a Top Tier candidate, he is a big shot right no and even his biggest critics can't deny it.
    Nothing to support at this point that this is not true, Rand debating will be different from Ron, VERY different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Rand should come out and say that "Hey, that's a nice schedule but I'm going to attend the debates I want to attend sanctioned or not."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it's like previous debates, the criteria will not be known until after the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    Nothing to support at this point that this is not true, Rand debating will be different from Ron, VERY different.
    I disagree. The whole schedule is designed to hurt Rand and boost the establishment candidate. Pruned away are media outlets that could rock the boat. And the fewer debates mean less time to attack the establishment front runner before his coronation.

This might be another reason for Rand to just sit it out this year.

The 2008 Paul campaign was so necessary because it forced the mainstream media to acknowledge our message. These nine circumscribed debates for 2016 may not do anything to boost Rand's message. He might be able to reach more people just doing what he's doing already. Rand gets plenty of face time on TV as is.

Kind of a shame we dont have a Democratic Ron Paul trying to do what they can on the Democratic side. Or better yet, 20 Ron Pauls and Rand Pauls on the Republican side and 20 Ron and Rand Pauls also on the Democratic side.

Illusion of Choice is the Monoponly on Belief that what you see is real. Hint: it isnt.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The debates were so important in 2008 because they were the mechanism by which we forced THEM to acknowledge our ideas.

But at this point, I think Rand is bigger than these debates. He doesn't need them.

I think he should do the first handful of RNC debates before he does some "unsanctioned" debates -- and then see what the RNC does about it. It'd be just as much PR either way. I'd particularly like to see him debate Democrats in open primary states where they're competing for some of the same independent voters.

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10m View Post
    I think Rand should come out and say that "Hey, that's a nice schedule but I'm going to attend the debates I want to attend sanctioned or not."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12