Thread: Cool Table (Calling tod evans)

Cool Cool Table (Calling tod evans)

Wow. This table is so cool. Have you ever seen one of these in action, tod?

You don't have to go to Youtube to watch the 3rd video but the first one is worth it, it's pretty damn cool.

You can see more at their website.

http://www.fletchertables.com/videos/
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 01-16-2015 at 09:24 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You don't have to go to Youtube to watch the 3rd video but the first one is worth it, it's pretty damn cool.
    that is pretty nifty, course the first thing that went through my head was the thought of how many freaking cracks and crannies there were to get gummed up and filled with crumbs and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    that is pretty nifty, course the first thing that went through my head was the thought of how many freaking cracks and crannies there were to get gummed up and filled with crumbs and whatnot.
    Definitely something to consider but pretty flippin' cool.

I'm mesmerized by these tables.

That's sure is a fancy eatin' table!

I first saw that a few years ago, the hardware is amazing!

The veneer work is 1st class too....

Calling all knights, your table is ready.

That is absolutely gorgeous!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Now I want a cool basket.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I need this one for my screened porch.

The table was made and designed by Mike Warren, a DIY-er and columnist for Dollar Store Crafts. It's a beautiful table with streaks of blue scattered across the wood that begin to glow as the sun goes down. The best part is that it's actually a pretty simple project. With a little bit of woodworking knowledge you can build one of these awesome tables for yourself.

It starts out with Pecky cypress wood. A board of it has naturally occurring depressions and holes that are perfect for the design of the table.

After cutting the board to the proper specifications, the next step was to begin sanding down the wood to give it a smooth feel.

He then used a mixture of resin and photoluminescent powder to fill in the holes in the wood.

As you can see, the cracks then give off an incredible glow.

After finishing the table with some more resin, sanding, and polyurethane finish, it was finally done.

Here's how the powder glows when in total darkness.

http://www.viralnova.com/diy-glow-table/?np=12

Pretty nice table... The geometry of the mechanism is most interesting imo. The star in the middle is a nice feature.
    Not sure if I'd like to buy one but if it was gifted to me I'd have a nice spot for it.
    "I am a bird"

Genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

No fancy spinnin' hardware but here are a few different style of tables I've done over the years;

[edit] I think ya' gotta right click and open 'em in a new tab/window 'cause I didn't shrink 'em....Sorry...

That veneer was bent around 2" PVC pipe to get the edge profile..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-627F.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	336.4 KB 
ID:	3693

Rock maple with walnut inlay..

Name:	shorties table.JPG 
Size:	438.3 KB 
ID:	3694

Removable top butlers table..

Name:	butlers table.jpg 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	3695

Night stand with wooden drawer guides..

Name:	MVC-005F.JPG 
Size:	331.0 KB 
ID:	3696
    Last edited by tod evans; 01-25-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Beautiful work, tod evans!!!

Genius...
    That's white trash awesome. I went to a bar long ago that had a freezy spot in the center of the table to keep your beer (or whatever) cold.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

He started by making a frame for the table out of six 2x4 pieces of wood. The table is eight feet long and four feet wide.

He then used a thin piece of plywood for the surface.

Before adding the bottle caps, he stained the table.

He then laid out the design for the table.

The bottle caps are arranged in a decorative pattern by color.

He added his school's logo, the Ohio Northern University polar bears, to the middle of the table.

He glued the caps down using Liquid Nails. To finish, he sealed the edges in bathroom caulk and covered the surface in clear resin (the caulk prevented any spillage).

The pattern makes for an easy beer pong setup.

http://www.viralnova.com/beer-cap-table/?np=12

Sparkle tables...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm going to build one of these babies for the hallway outside the laundry room. I have a plastic bin there now and it looks kind of ghetto.

Pretty awesome, not sure how practical it actually is though. I follow this guy on youtube, he has some pretty cool video's.
    "I am a bird"

I. LOVE. THIS. TABLE.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

What about these...

More pics here;
    http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/0...-hilla-shamia/

Aluminum cast into wood, pretty awesome imo.
    "I am a bird"

This is very well executed!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This is very well executed!
    Not my style but it is certainly beautiful. If that makes sense.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Not my style but it is certainly beautiful. If that makes sense.
    Not mine either but the craftsmanship is top notch...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Not mine either but the craftsmanship is top notch...
    I should ask if I can take a pic of that oak 'bole' floor I partially helped make. I saw it finished and oiled once... It looks stunning.
    "I am a bird"

Nice pieces for newb woodworkers.