Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallup CEO Blasts US Leadership "The Economy Is Not Coming Back"

Gallup CEO Blasts US Leadership "The Economy Is Not Coming Back"

Kill entrepreneurship and small businesses--it's what fascism does. And that is the US system.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ot-coming-back
    The U.S. now ranks not first, not second, not third, but 12th among developed nations in terms of business startup activity. Countries such as Hungary, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Sweden, Israel and Italy all have higher startup rates than America does.

We are behind in starting new firms per capita, and this is our single most serious economic problem. Yet it seems like a secret. You never see it mentioned in the media, nor hear from a politician that, for the first time in 35 years, American business deaths now outnumber business births.

The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the total number of new business startups and business closures per year -- the birth and death rates of American companies -- have crossed for the first time since the measurement began. I am referring to employer businesses, those with one or more employees, the real engines of economic growth. Four hundred thousand new businesses are being born annually nationwide, while 470,000 per year are dying.

You may not have seen this graph before.

Until 2008, startups outpaced business failures by about 100,000 per year. But in the past six years, that number suddenly turned upside down. There has been an underground earthquake. As you read this, we are at minus 70,000 in terms of business survival. The data are very slow coming out of the U.S. Department of Census, via the Small Business Administration, so it lags real time by two years.

Net Number of New U.S. Firms Plummets

Business startups outpaced business failures by about 100,000 per year until 2008. But in the past six years, that number suddenly reversed, and the net number of U.S. startups versus closures is minus 70,000.

My hunch is that no one talks about the birth and death rates of American business because Wall Street and the White House, no matter which party occupies the latter, are two gigantic institutions of persuasion. The White House needs to keep you in the game because their political party needs your vote. Wall Street needs the stock market to boom, even if that boom is fueled by illusion. So both tell us, "The economy is coming back."

Let's get one thing clear: This economy is never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends of American businesses.
    [...]
    I don't want to sound like a doomsayer, but when small and medium-sized businesses are dying faster than they're being born, so is free enterprise. And when free enterprise dies, America dies with it.
    "Prosperity depends entirely upon a minority being allowed to function. We do not mean a class, but a certain type of mind. It exists in various degrees and forms-business men and farmers and foremen and housewives, the people who always somehow get things done, get some practicable result from whatever material is at hand and whatever other people they must work with. They are self-starters. And they are seldom conspicuous.

The self-starters are never college professors nor politicians. Neither do we mean inventors, intellectuals, artists or writers-the creative artist is naturally anti-social. The self-starters, of course, use what more original minds discover, and their particular function is to hold everything together. One can't always see how they do it...

In an effort to regulate everything those people may be easily eliminated. They have been very nearly exterminated in Russia. Bureaucracy smothers them. And the set-up goes with them."
    --Isabel Paterson

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's very sad and demoralizing. Everything this fascist government does benefits the bigs, and the progs are fine with that. They have embraced the fascism that their party leaders have, and I've noticed that progs are increasingly attacking small businesses like they used to do the megacorps.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...mall-business/

What fool in their right mind would start a business in this country today. Obama and his minions hate business owners. The government knows best. The government will provide. The government will create jobs.

With ever increasing taxes, fees, regulations, mandates, requirements, and laws to abide by, it isn’t worth the risk to start a new company. Small businesses are closing shop by the thousands due to Obamacare. The charts below are proof that Obama and our government hate small business owners and have only accelerated the long term trend of less startups and more closures.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

That first graph is astonishing. The government puts up so many barriers to starting up and maintaining a small business, then they can't understand why the economy is in the toilet.

I think we all know it, in our hearts. The Fascists known as the Federal Government have pilfered the entire country, and they even have the balls to exempt themselves from Obamacare, while fining us for not buying it. The U.S. is all but dead .. Barry has two more years to set the final nails in the coffin.

It's really interesting, Zerohedge copied only two of the three charts from the Gallup article they referenced... I wonder why they chose to exclude the third chart from their article...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

RPF paging Zippy. Come in Zippy. Please explain to us why we should actually give a flying fig about the unemployment numbers Zippy.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    RPF paging Zippy. Come in Zippy. Please explain to us why we should actually give a flying fig about the unemployment numbers Zippy.
    He hasn't punched in yet.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    He hasn't punched in yet.
    Government workers... what can you do?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Of course it's not coming back, it's not really done yet, going away, silly.

Um, TheCount, maybe ZH didn't post that chart because there was no third chart in the linked piece. But thanks, that's a real rosy projection all right!

After a few years of stronger personal savings from 2009 to 2012, the personal savings rate fell in 2013 and 2014. This drop suggests that even if the personal savings rate and the rate of business startups pick up from 2013 to 2016, the U.S. may still see a decline in new business startups in the following years. The U.S. personal savings rate and the business startup rates remain well below the levels in the 1970s and earlier. Unless Americans start saving more -- and there is an uptick in the U.S. personal savings rate -- American entrepreneurship remains at risk.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Um, TheCount, maybe ZH didn't post that chart because there was no third chart in the linked piece. But thanks, that's a real rosy projection all right!

The piece that they linked at the top was a shortened rehash opinion-ized version of the real Gallup article. However, the second paragraph of the Zerohedge article had the correct link to the story with three graphs, of which they conveniently chose to include only two so that they can push their single-story worldview.

And oh, by the way, those two charts that they chose use only Census data until 2010 (first chart) and 2011 (second chart) so that they can conveniently ignore the progress that the economy made since then, and instead essentially repost one of their own doomsaying articles from 2011.
    Last edited by TheCount; 01-15-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Count, you're making me giggle over here. Reminds me of when Zip got me choking on my pineapples the other day over in the other thread.

Study: 'The Myth of America’s Manufacturing Renaissance'

Heh...

ZH puts out some good stuff, though. I've linked to a few of their papers that have aligned with my own speculation that has evolved into fruition.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-15-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Count, you're making me giggle over here. Reminds me of when Zip got me choking on my pineapples the other day over in the other thread.
    Sure thing. Let's look at the first sentence of the third paragraph:

The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the total number of new business startups and business closures per year -- the birth and death rates of American companies -- have crossed for the first time since the measurement began.
    Yet the graph right beneath clearly shows that event occurred in 2008. So, who is being disingenuous here, me or ZH?

Pinochet is the model

Yeah, NC, those two are a couple of real laugh riots. Your admiration for those clowns is adorable.

I'm sorry I ever +repped you, since you're spreading it around to those goons, so expect more take-backs. And if you're gonna rep me to send me notes, then -rep me please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The piece that they linked at the top was a shortened rehash opinion-ized version of the real Gallup article. However, the second paragraph of the Zerohedge article had the correct link to the story with three graphs, of which they conveniently chose to include only two so that they can push their single-story worldview.

And oh, by the way, those two charts that they chose use only Census data until 2010 (first chart) and 2011 (second chart) so that they can conveniently ignore the progress that the economy made since then, and instead essentially repost one of their own doomsaying articles from 2011.
    What are you on about now? Why are you acting like ZH left something out of the piece when they didn't? They linked directly to Gallup's most recent piece at the very top, and also included links previous pieces. I'm not sure why you expect ZH to publish charts from the previous pieces, which Gallup didn't even do! Wasn't linking to them enough for your single-story everything is awesome world view?

As for the alleged economic progress, there are already a multitude of threads debunking that BS. (And who do you mean by "they?")

Also, project much? All we ever get from you goons is heavily gamed government statistics declaring how great everything is, despite the reality.

And are you actually suggesting that the horrifying drop in small businesses over the last 40 years is not a problem? And that Gallup's projection means all is well? Are you $#@!ing serious?! Not even Gallup believes that (see the quote).
    --Albert J. Nock

Yeah, NC, those two are a couple of real laugh riots. Your admiration for those clowns is adorable.

I'm sorry I ever +repped you, since you're spreading it around to those goons, so expect more take-backs. And if you're gonna rep me to send me notes, then -rep me please.

I wasn't sending you notes, Lucille. I was just wondering why you negged me for my post and the rep box was just easier. Whaaaaatever, though. Can't let this stuff get to you. Now you're over there all pissed off and whatnot. And for what? Dumb $#@!.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-15-2015 at 01:22 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure thing. Let's look at the first sentence of the third paragraph:

Yet the graph right beneath clearly shows that event occurred in 2008. So, who is being disingenuous here, me or ZH?
    Sure looks like ZH is rehashing old news to me. There's a lot of good info on their website but they tend to exaggerate the data just as much as MSNBC, CNN, Yahoo, etc exaggerate it the other way.

OMG Gallup wrote the piece. Capiche? ZH reprinted it in full as it was written complete with $#@!ing embedded links, even to the one with the chart that Count Chocula expects ZH to post when Gallup didn't.

Al's got some good advice for you, NC:

Last edited by Lucille; 01-15-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Ok, Gallup is rehashing old news. I tend to agree with ZH's views by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I wasn't sending you notes, Lucille. I was just wondering why you negged me for my post and the rep box was just easier. Whaaaaatever, though. Can't let this stuff get to you. Now you're over there all pissed off and whatnot. And for what? Dumb $#@!.
    Oh, that's just Lucille. You should see my rep history. The amount of epic butthurt in the messages is truly hilarious.

Pinochet is the model

OMG Gallup wrote the piece. Capiche? ZH reprinted it in full as it was written complete with $#@!ing embedded links, even to the one with the chart that Count Chocula expects ZH to post when Gallup didn't.
    ZH linked to the opinion piece by Gallup's CEO and then tries to pass it off as 1) news and 2) actually relevant information. Neither Gallup's CEO nor ZH included the third graph with data projecting past 2011.

If you're mentally unable to make any kind of connections as to why they would choose to do that, then you're never going to understand what I'm trying to explain.
    Pinochet is the model

Oh, that's just Lucille. You should see my rep history. The amount of epic butthurt in the messages is truly hilarious.

Do you ever neg rep anybody? I notice the trolls on RPF never neg rep me, but I neg rep them a lot. For example, I have neg repped PRB about 25 times, while he has plus repped me 15 times. I have neg repped Zip 10-15 times, but he has never neg repped me. I neg repped that other $#@! who harps on Israel almost 30 times but he never neg repped me. How many times have I neg repped you? 10? I don't remember. You have never neg repped me.

Isn't that part of your deal? You don't neg rep because you don't want to start an avalanche of neg reps for yourself?
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Do you ever neg rep anybody?
    I have never given anyone either + or - rep. Personally, I think that reputation systems have a negative impact on forums and other 'net sites, and so I choose not to use them.
    Pinochet is the model

I have never given anyone either + or - rep. Personally, I think that reputation systems have a negative impact on forums and other 'net sites, and so I choose not to use them.

Your personal opinion aside--aren't you told not to neg rep anyone here?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your personal opinion aside--aren't you told not to neg rep anyone here?
    No, because I post here entirely of my own accord and as such nobody tells what what to do or not to do.

I understand that might be contrary to your worldview and difficult to accept.
    Pinochet is the model

No, because I post here entirely of my own accord and as such nobody tells what what to do or not to do.

My world view and reputation here are well known. I have multiple DU and Stormfront accounts. I have 300 boxes of Spam in my basement. I am investigating every World Series for fixing since 1953.

Do you ever neg rep anybody? I notice the trolls on RPF never neg rep me, but I neg rep them a lot. For example, I have neg repped PRB about 25 times, while he has plus repped me 15 times. I have neg repped Zip 10-15 times, but he has never neg repped me. I neg repped that other $#@! who harps on Israel almost 30 times but he never neg repped me. How many times have I neg repped you? 10? I don't remember. You have never neg repped me.

Isn't that part of your deal? You don't neg rep because you don't want to start an avalanche of neg reps for yourself?
    I guess we are more tolerant of people who disagree with us (though I can't presume to speak for anybody but myself). I think I have only ever given a couple of neg reps. I think one went to you. If it makes you feel better I can give you another. Let me know.

But I also don't really care that much about what my "rating" is.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-15-2015 at 09:05 PM.

I just want to interject a little bit without getting into the middle of this.

There are times the stuff I post is very Devil's Advocate, and I really hope that people call me out on it when I do. I also make Troll Bait comments in an attempt to persuade those who do not truly believe in any form of liberty to reveal their true nature. The thing is, that when people do call me out for what I am doing, I usually +Rep in those cases because they can read between the lines. It isnt a personal thing against Trolls, but a method to try to alter their perceptions. My version of Liberty and Freedom will be different than everyone elses, some by very minor degrees, some by tremendous degrees. What almost everyone who truly does support the essences of Liberty and Freedom is to allow each other to decide for themselves what is best for them without trying to force only one perspective opinion on them.

The thing is that I do not always say what I mean nor mean what I say. I try to throw stuff out as practice for others to catch, and sometimes that requires throwing curve balls. I dont think it makes me a bad person. As a result, I dont have negative reactions when people do catch the tricky to understand tactics I use for them to practice with. I hope to get called out on many things. Sometimes there is humor involved. Dinosaurs died out because they didnt have Obamacare, not a Meteor. We can turn disadvantages to advantages if we can change ourselves by changing our perspectives. Other times, there are things I totally miss, and again, need to be called out. As a programmer, Security is one of those paramount things. To call out a programmer on a problem with a program is a benefit to the quality and security of the program. These "security holes" also exist in other forms, like a Legal Loophole, or Unintended Consequences. So if I were to say make smoking weed and driving legal, the intended consequence would be to prevent people from going to jail, but an Unintended Consequence is that peopel may get in more accidents, and if I did suggest such a thing, I would need to be called out on it. The Anger results if I have an emotional attachment to an idea, so I try to refrain from becoming emotionally attached to the idea. This can really only happen if people behave by their own accord and not as an expected conditional behavior demanded by someone else.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

It nice to see what going galt looks like in a graph. One may not the plunge started in 2006, while people we still go-go.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

ZH linked to the opinion piece by Gallup's CEO and then tries to pass it off as 1) news and 2) actually relevant information. Neither Gallup's CEO nor ZH included the third graph with data projecting past 2011.

If you're mentally unable to make any kind of connections as to why they would choose to do that, then you're never going to understand what I'm trying to explain.
    Mornin'!

The article with the chart you insist should be included was linked to in the new piece. It's not like they're hiding it. Why isn't that good enough for you? Why do you expect Gallup to post it again? Who died and made you editor? Who are you to say what's relevant and news? And what's with this double standard? When are you going to complain about the constant stream of everything is awesome BS and heavily gamed statistics from the government and its propaganda organs?

I haven't seen you answer my question about the plummeting number of small businesses over the last forty years. I guess it's more fun for you to derail the thread with your hair-splitting and obsession over that $#@!ing chart.

Also, I am not "butthurt," you contemptible hack. (You've heard that one before, haven't you? I'll try harder to keep it fresh!)
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast