Thread: Company to Sell Fake, Decoy Guns to People Who Want to Appear to Be Armed, but Not Own Firearm

Company to Sell Fake, Decoy Guns to People Who Want to Appear to Be Armed, but Not Own Firearm

What do you guys think of these?

Company to Sell Fake, Decoy Guns to People Who Want to Appear to Be Armed, but Not Own Firearms

It appears that a new company is set to begin selling fake guns/holsters to people who want to appear to be armed but don’t want to go through the actual hassle of owning and training with a firearm.
    Because we all know that you just strap a firearm to your body and all trouble will magically leave you alone forever (please not heavy sarcasm in that sentence).
    Here is the sales pitch from the company’s website:
    PCD was founded in 2014 by a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who served multiple combat tours to Iraq, and other places throughout the world. Based in Virginia Beach, VA, the sole purpose of these devices is to bridge the gap between hardcore everyday gun toting enthusiasts and those who are less willing to have a firearm in their home.

The mission of PCD is to change how society treats one another. Could things be more peaceful if everyone knew that you might be carrying a weapon? Perhaps. PCD seeks to explore a shift in change in the way we all treat one another.
    - These devices are for those who wish to feel protected but do not want the hassle of owning an actual firearm
    - PCD’s require no background check or permit since they are not actual firearms
    - Store doesn’t have your favorite ammunition in stock?
    - Want to wear in a parking lot and stow away in purse once you’ve reached your destination and not fear a discharge?
    - Don’t want the fear of young children finding a loaded weapon by mistake?
    - Give your unarmed security staff a more authoritative presence
    - Shop owners concerned about robbery
    - Know someone who could benefit from carrying a handgun, but aren’t safety conscious?
    - Don’t want to be approached by a criminal element?
    - As you can see, the uses and possibilities are endless.
    Don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that may not be used? The all in one piece construction of these devices addresses all of these hurdles while still allowing for the benefits of open carry.
    Personal Carry Decoys, or Personal Crime Deterrents are designed to provide a “strong” defensive posture to those who wear one and has the look of a live weapon. Remember, Perceived Carry is all about the perception that you are ready for business and let’s face it, perception is reality.
    Be intimidating. Be protected.
    People who are considering this (which I hope is pretty much no one), should be aware that analog weapons laws might apply to these things in many states.
    http://gunssavelives.net/blog/compan...-own-firearms/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What could go wrong?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What could go wrong?
    Think they'll have to put orange tips on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What could go wrong?

I think it will increase the likelihood that someone will get shot by police.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

That's a good way to get yourself killed. Not just by be cops but by the criminals too, who now have a reason to pull the trigger all the while the decoy person is totally defenseless. I could not recommend against this strongly enough. You are better off with nothing than with a fake handgun. Mark my words, this will kill more people than it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What do you guys think of these?
    What an incredibly stupid idea.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"See, carry does not stop crime"

/sarc
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going to get one and then build a real gun inside of it.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

They're in Virginia Beach? The tidewater area is notorious in the commonwealth as an area where the cops don't know the carry laws and the local tinpot dictators don't know that we have state preemption of local gun laws and have for decades.
    Municipalities down there have shelled out tens of thousands of dollars from lost court cases involving legal carry.

So maybe this company has an unstated ulterior motive - like acclimating the brownshirts.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I think police forces around the nation should have these.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I have absolutely ZERO interest in shooting any fake decoys nor in ever buying a gun for that purpose.

good way to get shot by a cop without any actual self-defense benefit

Funny thing, here in the Netherlands that would be JUST as illegal as an actual working firearm. The law here says you can't even own something that's made to look like an existing firearm because it could be used for threatening/robberies just as well as a functioning piece. You can own air guns (with no power limit) or pre-1890 firearms without any permits as long as they don't look like an existing firearm. The law is laughable, and also funny (thats double up I guess), I'd bet people would feel threatened by air guns just as much as firearms because the layman does not see any difference. There are 12 shot semi-automatic PCP (pre-charged-pneumatic, filled with a diving bottle) pistols in .25 that shoot pretty much like lower caliber handguns, you can just go and buy one but you can't own a bb-gun that looks like any kind of actual firearm... Laughable.

Anyways, I think this is a stupid Idea but more power to the people who feel more comfortable with a fake gun than a real gun. You're free to be stupid right ? It's still good for the rest of us, they need people with actual guns for their intended purpose to work. Besides, at some point they may change their mind and try shooting at a gun range or something... So maybe not too stupid of an idea.
    "I am a bird"

If they want to make themselves a target, they should get one.

Perception is Reality?

Where have I heard that line of $#@! before?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is not the most stupid $#@! I have ever heard. But, it is pretty damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's a good way to get yourself killed. Not just by be cops but by the criminals too, who now have a reason to pull the trigger all the while the decoy person is totally defenseless. I could not recommend against this strongly enough. You are better off with nothing than with a fake handgun. Mark my words, this will kill more people than it will help.
    That ^ Even worse than bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Perception is Reality?

Where have I heard that line of $#@! before?
    It is a pretty common saying in the Corps...Weren't you Army? Maybe they say it too.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    It is a pretty common saying in the Corps...Weren't you Army? Maybe they say it too.
    Never heard it in the Army.
    I have heard that $#@! here,, in regards to politics.
    Perception is relative.. Deception is perception.

REALITY IS REALITY. Perception is only what you think is real.

Perception is why cops shoot unarmed people with TV remotes or garden hoses.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-14-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I'm going to get one and then build a real gun inside of it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I get your point, but that was really repetetive
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

That is so pointless. Not only does it not protect you, but it will probably expose you to just as much danger of getting shot by the police.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Well at least the human race will be better off for it. You know, natural selection and all that. Weeding out the idiots.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think police forces around the nation should have these.
    Zing!

Out of rep for ya.

I imagine the instruction booklet that comes with these. It almost certainly teaches the owner to go "PEW! PEW!"

This has to either be anti-gun propaganda, or the world's worst businessman (or best I guess, if he can still get enough idiots to buy them before its completely outlawed)

Nothing that resembles a firearm should be on a person not prepared to have to use (let alone be seen with) a firearm. There's no way they just overlooked that.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I imagine the instruction booklet that comes with these. It almost certainly teaches the owner to go "PEW! PEW!"
    LOL, probably.