Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul hires 33 year old Chip Englander as 2016 campaign manager

Rand Paul hires 33 year old Chip Englander as 2016 campaign manager

Rand Paul announces campaign manager as he ramps up 2016 campaign

By Robert Costa January 13 at 8:00 PM

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Tuesday announced the hiring of a campaign manager for his likely 2016 presidential bid, part of an aggressive effort to build a national political team as the race for the White House heats up.

The hiring of strategist Chip Englander, who recently guided a gubernatorial candidate to victory in Illinois, marks a clear step forward for the Kentucky Republican as he prepares to transform his cadre of loyalists into a full-scale campaign.

Doug Stafford, Paul’s longtime confidant, will remain as his chief political adviser. In an interview Tuesday, Stafford said he will rely on Englander “for the day-to-day execution” of Paul’s operation.

More:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-2016-campaign

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needs more millenials around him. Makes him seem more in touch and cool

Well, some good news. No Benton.

Interest level: rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Probably not too many of them with the kind of experience required though.

The optics of your picks for campaign staff are much less important than their actual competence, IMHO.

Rather than bringing on a consultant well-known in Washington or one with ties to his father, former Texas congressman Ron Paul, the Kentucky Republican has enlisted a youthful outsider to coordinate his efforts.
    This is what people were wanting so he listened & delivered for ya.

YEAH! It's not Benton!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Benton's involvement in election investigations from 2012 would be dead weight on Rand from the start. Glad he is not in charge.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you Rand Paul for not choosing Benton! You can beat Bush,Hillary,Warren and all other neocons.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Benton's involvement in election investigations from 2012 would be dead weight on Rand from the start.
    Not as much as you might think.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not as much as you might think.
    This comment strikes me as delusional. The very last thing in the world that Rand would need, would be a top campaign official who is under a cloud of suspicion that he committed a seriously improper action (ala bribing a politician in return for an endorsement) in a previous election, like Benton is situated. It is obvious that Benton is surrounded by a stink and there is no reason to think that any of Rand's opponents wouldn't use that against him, big time.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Interesting choice by Rand. He looks like he could be an excellent fit just taking a cursory look at his experience. I hadn't known anything about the guy prior to today
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Englander's a young fella, only 33: "Englander, 33, who spent much of his early career working in California politics, last year managed Republican Bruce Rauner’s campaign for governor in Illinois, guiding the wealthy businessman through a competitive primary and then to a decisive win in the general election".

The tempo's really picked up these last few weeks. We're getting new team members announced only days apart now.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Not Benton!

I have no idea why anyone actually thought Benton would be "the guy". All Rand ever said is that he just would be "a guy".
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Enough to open your wallet? There were plenty of people who said they will not donate if Benton is the campaign manager

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Enough to open your wallet?
    ^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

The right amount will cement a potential crossover general election. Strategic ground since 2012 would show some have switched over to team R for Rand. Myself and Millennial Conservatarian are proof.
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

I never thought Benton would become his campaign manager and I agree with Matt Collins: Benton's involvement with the 2012 controversy is an issue, but not a very big one. Jack Hunter, on the other hand, would've been a huge issue for the campaign. I'm not fan of Benton either, but a limited involvement won't hurt the campaign. I'm quite satisfied with the steps Rand has taken thus far.

You guys don't know how much of a big deal this is. A Millennial who was able to help a Republican win the governorship in one of the bluest states in the nation...GREAT move, Rand.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Well I suppose that means Rand is most likely going to get endorsement, donors, and supporters of Gov. Rauner, Illinois.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Can a name sound more British than Chip Englander?
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

I still don't see how Rand can even run for President in 2016 if he intends on running for reelection to the Senate. Isn't anyone else worried about that? I don't really see any way he can do both unless he can successfully get a court to strike down the Kentucky law, and that seems like a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I still don't see how Rand can even run for President in 2016 if he intends on running for reelection to the Senate. Isn't anyone else worried about that? I don't really see any way he can do both unless he can successfully get a court to strike down the Kentucky law, and that seems like a long shot.
    This issue has been flogged to death already. If your that worried re-read those threads.

-virgil

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    You guys don't know how much of a big deal this is. A Millennial who was able to help a Republican win the governorship in one of the bluest states in the nation...GREAT move, Rand.
    The "long shot" with the best staff picks so far..........

GET YOUR CAMERAS OUT MAN...ITS GONNA BE A MOVIE.

33 years old.

Man, do I feel like an old man right now...
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Enough to open your wallet? There were plenty of people who said they will not donate if Benton is the campaign manager
    Plenty of people that won't donate if Benton is anything more than an envelope licker.

Gotta see what Englander's background is but sounds like a good start.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Can a name sound more British than Chip Englander?
    Perhaps, "Bond... James Bond..."

You asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    The various options have been explained numerous times...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast