Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX-Remember that female cop that body cavity searched women on the roadside?

Exclamation TX-Remember that female cop that body cavity searched women on the roadside?

Another case, apparently.

But these are just "mistakes", amirite?

Woman Sodomized on the Side of the Road By Cops Because her Boyfriend Smelled Like Weed

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/tex...X4UIglZMuOg.99

No drugs were found.

Even if drugs would have been found, the act of penetrating a woman’s body to look for a plant deemed illegal by the state is immoral, repugnant, and a telling indication of a broken system.

Brazoria County, Texas – A woman is suing the Texas Department of Public Safety, its director, and four state troopers in federal court claiming her constitutional rights were violated when she was given an invasive body cavity search on the side of the freeway.

One of the troopers was actually involved in two highly publicized roadside cavity searches that took place two years ago, which drew broad media attention and spawned a lawsuit the state settled out of court, according to Houston 2.

Jennifer Stelly and her boyfriend Channing Castex were pulled over in March of 2013 while driving to Surfside Beach.

Officers arrested Castex after claiming to smell marijuana, to which Castex admitted smoking. A female state trooper was then called in to search Stelly in view of the dash camera in the police cruiser.

Stelly said the troopers were searching for drugs hidden on or in her body.

“She started going into my clothing and she penetrated areas that I don’t wish to disclose at this point,” Stelly said. “I was scared. I was violated. I didn’t know what to do.”
    The invasive cavity search took place on a busy freeway in full view of the public as they were driving by.

Stelly went on to say,

“I was afraid for one,” she said. “But more than afraid, I was publicly humiliated. I was violated in daylight.”
    Officers found no drugs on or in her.

Castex said he protested what was taking place from the backseat of the squad car.

“I was telling them stop. This not right. You shouldn’t be doing this.”
    Stelly’s attorney, Allie Booker went on record stating,

“It’s not right for you to sexually violate someone. There is no clause in the constitution or any other law that allows you to do that so they need to be fired.”
    The idea that for something as trivial as her boyfriend having admitted to smoking marijuana, an innocent person can be subject to such sexually degrading and humiliating actions is shocking

Stelly’s constitutional rights, as well as her person, were clearly violated during this incident.

Perhaps if cops want respect from people, rather than disrespectfully turning their backs on public officials at funerals, they should stop sexually assaulting innocent Americans on the side of the freeway.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The previous case of digital rape this state trooper committed went before the grand jury, and they "no-billed" her.

The people gave their stamp of approval -- now move along.

The bad publicity from this seems to have at least highly discouraged this practice -- this is from March 2013. I'm not aware of any cases since then, but it seems like oftentimes we don't hear about these things until a lawsuit is filed two or three years later.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 01-10-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Yep. That's rape. Not even any room for discussion.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

In my opinion what the kop did qualifies as sexual assault.

But I'm stuck on rape being forcible sexual intercourse, not digital penetration....

Either way though the kop deserves a severe beating.........

And for those calling for their courts to hold their agents accountable, let me repeat myself;
    "Justice will not be found in their courts."

Where the $#@! are the feminists on this?

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post

Last edited by SeanTX; 01-10-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Trying to arrange it so those same rapis--er, I mean officers are issued rulers and use them to measure the distance between men's knees on the subway.

Aren't you glad you asked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The previous case of digital rape this state trooper committed went before the grand jury, and they "no-billed" her.

The bad publicity from this seems to have at least highly discouraged this practice -- this is from March 2013. I'm not aware of any cases since then, but it seems like oftentimes we don't hear about these things until a lawsuit is filed two or three years later.
    That they did, and as this plays out, they will give their approval to much worse.

WRT the date, yeah, that happens quite often, a delay of years sometimes, before a lawsuit and the story of abuse comes to light.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post

Here is the thing though, since the state previously ended up settling a lawsuit due to the actions of this trooper I don't see how they can keep her employed. It seems to me any female pulled over by this trooper could sue saying the same thing happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

But I'm stuck on rape being forcible sexual intercourse, not digital penetration....

And for those calling for their courts to hold their agents accountable, let me repeat myself;
    Eh, call it what you like. If it happened to someone and a penis or a finger were used, wouldn't make much difference in my reaction. If you'd ever had a bad gynecological exam, you'd know what I mean. (I actually lost consciousness b/c of a bad gynecologist--I'm sure a cop is worse than that.)
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

So if she had resisted and the cop then choked her to death.......?

Seriously, I don't understand why people in this country don't wake up.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

I hate to be graphic, but according to Texas law, all "aggravated sexual assault" is the same regardless of what is used to penetrate.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/pe.22.htm
    Sec. 22.021. AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense:
    (1) if the person:
    (A) intentionally or knowingly:
    (i) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of another person by any means, without that person's consent;
    (ii) causes the penetration of the mouth of another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that person's consent; or
    (iii) causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person's consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or
    (B) intentionally or knowingly:
    (i) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of a child by any means;
    (ii) causes the penetration of the mouth of a child by the sexual organ of the actor;
    (iii) causes the sexual organ of a child to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor;
    (iv) causes the anus of a child to contact the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or
    (v) causes the mouth of a child to contact the anus or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; and
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's Mundane law.

Not Cop Law.

Now, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I hate to be graphic, but according to Texas law, all "aggravated sexual assault" is the same regardless of what is used to penetrate.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/pe.22.htm
    Sec. 22.021. AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense:
    (1) if the person:
    (A) intentionally or knowingly:
    (i) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of another person by any means, without that person's consent;
    (ii) causes the penetration of the mouth of another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that person's consent; or
    (iii) causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person's consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or
    (B) intentionally or knowingly:
    (i) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of a child by any means;
    (ii) causes the penetration of the mouth of a child by the sexual organ of the actor;
    (iii) causes the sexual organ of a child to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor;
    (iv) causes the anus of a child to contact the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or
    (v) causes the mouth of a child to contact the anus or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; and

With exception to border (namely under the jurisdiction of the federal government) and incarceration (namely under the jurisdiction of the DOC) searches, and officer safety searches, law enforcement personnel must first obtain a court order prior to conducting body cavity and medically assisted searches. So to note:

SCHMERBER v CALIFORNIA, 384 U.S. 757, 767-773 (1966):

The overriding function of the Fourth Amendment is to protect personal privacy and dignity against unwarranted intrusion by the State. In Wolf we recognized "[t]he security of one's privacy against arbitrary intrusion by the police" as being "at the core of the Fourth Amendment" and "basic to a free society." We reaffirmed that broad view of the Amendment's purpose in applying the federal exclusionary rule to the States in Mapp. ... It could not reasonably be argued, and indeed respondent does not argue, that the administration of the blood test in this case was free of the constraints of the Fourth Amendment. Such testing procedures plainly constitute searches of "persons," and depend antecedently upon seizures of "persons," within the meaning of that Amendment.

...the Fourth Amendment's proper function is to constrain, not against all intrusions as such, but against intrusions which are not justified in the circumstances, or which are made in an improper manner. In other words, the questions we must decide in this case are whether the police were justified in requiring petitioner to submit to the blood test, and whether the means and procedures employed in taking his blood respected relevant Fourth Amendment standards of reasonableness.

Here, there was plainly probable cause for the officer to arrest petitioner and charge him with driving an automobile while under the influence of intoxicating liquor. The police officer who arrived at the scene shortly after the accident smelled liquor on petitioner's breath, and testified that petitioner's eyes were "bloodshot, watery, sort of a glassy appearance." The officer saw petitioner again at the hospital, within two hours of the accident. There he noticed similar symptoms of drunkenness. He thereupon informed petitioner "that he was under arrest and that he was entitled to the services of an attorney, and that he could remain silent, and that anything that he told me would be used against him in evidence."

the mere fact of a lawful arrest does not end our inquiry. The suggestion of these cases apparently rests on two factors—first, there may be more immediate danger of concealed weapons or of destruction of evidence under the direct control of the accused, [United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U. S. 56, 72-73 (Frankfurter, J., dissenting)]; second, once a search of the arrested person for weapons is permitted, it would be both impractical and unnecessary to enforcement of the Fourth Amendment's purpose to attempt to confine the search to those objects alone. [People v. Chiagles, 237 N. Y., at 197-198, 142 N. E., at 584.] Whatever the validity of these considerations in general, they have little applicability with respect to searches involving intrusions beyond the body's surface. The interests in human dignity and privacy which the Fourth Amendment protects forbid any such intrusions on the mere chance that desired evidence might be obtained. In the absence of a clear indication that in fact such evidence will be found, these fundamental human interests require law officers to suffer the risk that such evidence may disappear unless there is an immediate search.

Search warrants are ordinarily required for searches of dwellings, and, absent an emergency, no less could be required where intrusions into the human body are concerned. The requirement that a warrant be obtained is a requirement that the inferences to support the search "be drawn by a neutral and detached magistrate instead of being judged by the officer engaged in the often competitive enterprise of ferreting out crime." [Johnson v. United States, 333 U. S. 10, 13-14; see also Aguilar v. Texas, 378 U. S. 108, 110-111.] The importance of informed, detached and deliberate determinations of the issue whether or not to invade another's body in search of evidence of guilt is indisputable and great.

It bears repeating, however, that we reach this judgment only on the facts of the present record. The integrity of an individual's person is a cherished value of our society. That we today hold that the Constitution does not forbid the States minor intrusions into an individual's body under stringently limited conditions in no way indicates that it permits more substantial intrusions, or intrusions under other conditions.
    And in further noting:

MR. JUSTICE BLACK with whom MR. JUSTICE DOUGLAS joins, dissenting.

I would reverse petitioner's conviction. I agree with the Court that the Fourteenth Amendment made applicable to the States the Fifth Amendment's provision that "No person . . . shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself . . . ." But I disagree with the Court's holding that California did not violate petitioner's constitutional right against self-incrimination when it compelled him, against his will, to allow a doctor to puncture his blood vessels in order to extract a sample of blood and analyze it for alcoholic content, and then used that analysis as evidence to convict petitioner of a crime.

The Court admits that "the State compelled [petitioner] to submit to an attempt to discover evidence [in his blood] that might be [and was] used to prosecute him for a criminal offense." To reach the conclusion that compelling a person to give his blood to help the State convict him is not equivalent to compelling him to be a witness against himself strikes me as quite an extraordinary feat. The Court, however, overcomes what had seemed to me to be an insuperable obstacle to its conclusion by holding that

". . . the privilege protects an accused only from being compelled to testify against himself, or otherwise provide the State with evidence of a testimonial or communicative nature, and that the withdrawal of blood and use of the analysis in question in this case did not involve compulsion to these ends." (Footnote omitted.)

I cannot agree that this distinction and reasoning of the Court justify denying petitioner his Bill of Rights' guarantee that he must not be compelled to be a witness against himself.

In the first place it seems to me that the compulsory extraction of petitioner's blood for analysis so that the person who analyzed it could give evidence to convict him had both a "testimonial" and a "communicative nature." The sole purpose of this project which proved to be successful was to obtain "testimony" from some person to prove that petitioner had alcohol in his blood at the time he was arrested. And the purpose of the project was certainly "communicative" in that the analysis of the blood was to supply information to enable a witness to communicate to the court and jury that petitioner was more or less drunk.

I think it unfortunate that the Court rests so heavily for its very restrictive reading of the Fifth Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination on the words "testimonial" and "communicative." These words are not models of clarity and precision as the Court's rather labored explication shows. Nor can the Court, so far as I know, find precedent in the former opinions of this Court for using these particular words to limit the scope of the Fifth Amendment's protection. There is a scholarly precedent, however, in the late Professor Wigmore's learned treatise on evidence
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The comments at the article are interesting.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    The comments at the article are interesting.
    This guy is under the impression that the "Just-Us" system, for whom this kop works, is somehow going to hold her accountable...

Darryl Berry · Top Commenter
    Unfortunately, to wish that on her is a sign of lack of true belief in liberty. This cop clearly did a criminal act - she caused harm to another human being. Procedures include arrest, trial before jury, jail if found guilty by a court of peers. To wish the same degrading treatment she caused back upon this cop is to justify the initial disregard for another human's well being.
    · 90 Likes
    I am long past deluding myself that justice will ever be had in their courts.....

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Eh, call it what you like. If it happened to someone and a penis or a finger were used, wouldn't make much difference in my reaction. If you'd ever had a bad gynecological exam, you'd know what I mean. (I actually lost consciousness b/c of a bad gynecologist--I'm sure a cop is worse than that.)
    It makes a big difference to the accused.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    With exception to border (namely under the jurisdiction of the federal government) and incarceration (namely under the jurisdiction of the DOC) searches, and officer safety searches, law enforcement personnel must first obtain a court order prior to conducting body cavity and medically assisted searches.
    So, the 200 million people that live in the Constitution Free Zone (that area 100 miles inland of the border) are subject to anal search.

The millions of people arrested every year are subject to anal search.

And the holy mantra of "officer safety" covers all the rest.

Mundane law.

Cop Law.

Move the $#@! along, knave.

Yep. That's rape. Not even any room for discussion.
    It's disgusting criminal behavior. The cops should go to prison for rape. No question about it.

How "body cavity" searches are even legal in the first place is difficult to comprehend.

We should hate it when someone rapes someone. Especially under the auspice of authority. Would it, should it, could it be considered a hate crime if that individual ended up broken and bloody, hanging on a barbed wire fence, with a sign around her neck reading "No More" at roadside?

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    With exception to border (namely under the jurisdiction of the federal government) and incarceration (namely under the jurisdiction of the DOC) searches, and officer safety searches, law enforcement personnel must first obtain a court order prior to conducting body cavity and medically assisted searches.
    SCOTUS just established last year in Heien V. North Carolina that cops can totally make a mistake of the law and perform searches based on that.
    I submit that last years' rulings are more relevant to the machine than your 50 year old rulings.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That they did, and as this plays out, they will give their approval to much worse.

WRT the date, yeah, that happens quite often, a delay of years sometimes, before a lawsuit and the story of abuse comes to light.
    Germans smelled it, did not care.
    Russians saw it, did not care.
    Chinese buried it, did not care.

Humans have a long history of justifying evil.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's Mundane law.

Not Cop Law.

Now, move along.
    The only "laws" that exist are the law of the jungle. The goons with guns and the willingness to use them can and will do anything they want. The poor saps who don't have guns or the willingness to use them get to suck eggs...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    The only "laws" that exist are the law of the jungle. The goons with guns and the willingness to use them can and will do anything they want. The poor saps who don't have guns or the willingness to use them get to suck eggs...
    The Bundy standoff is going to be one of those things that should have woken everyone up and changed the course of history, but somehow didn't, isn't it?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Rest assured, if a cop reaches his hands into my wifes pants on the roadside, I will use lethal force.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Kill the rapist. I don't care what you smell. If marijuana means rape, then go kill yourself cops.

Imagine that you have to compare the side effects of marijuana and the side effects of violated and fingered. One should be against the law and the other shouldn't. Only an idiot doesn't understand this.

I don't know what to say. Texas is a $#@!ty state for personal freedom. To be honest I only have 2 things that I care about at the moment. Legalization of marijuana and legalization of open carry handguns. I don't give a $#@! who is president. The state of Texas is horrible on rights and I want change NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    SCOTUS just established last year in Heien V. North Carolina that cops can totally make a mistake of the law and perform searches based on that.
    Bear in mind of course the Heien case is based on the context of reasonableness in comprehension of public law by its enforcers. The ruling follows, I think, the same logic used when officers perform searches and seizures under the good faith of having obtained a valid search warrant, even when the warrant is later determined to be insufficient in trial--a la the good-faith exception.
    Last edited by Weston White; 01-12-2015 at 02:25 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

If you'd ever had a bad gynecological exam, you'd know what I mean. (I actually lost consciousness b/c of a bad gynecologist--I'm sure a cop is worse than that.)
    You should have politely asked the gynecologist to remove the college ring. I know I had this problem with gals until one of them pointed it out to me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast