Thread: The Characteristic difference between rights and privileges.. Thoughts/Opinions

The Characteristic difference between rights and privileges.. Thoughts/Opinions

The characteristic difference between rights and privileges is that rights are NOT held at the mercy of another person, or of the state.

We DESERVE rights; we cannot be made to pay for them, and are not answerable to our neighbors or to the state when we exercise them.

But privileges are given to us by one in a superior position, who retains authority to restrict or to eliminate those privileges. One cannot deserve a privilege, and one can be required to pay for it. To obscure this distinction and contend that rights are permissions issued by the state is to reject the basic proposition of equality articulated in the Declaration, and to presume that some people are fundamentally entitled to decide how much freedom others should enjoy.

Cite-- The Conscience of the Constitution--- The Declaration of Independence and The RIGHT TO LIBERTY-- by Timothy Sandefur

I highly recommend the book for all liberty minded folks...

Privileges from the G, come with a price tag via taxes, fee's, fines, regulations, etc and most often citizens unknowingly surrender their natural rights...

Natural rights on the other hand need only to be exercised and held onto...

My .02

ACESFULL

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rights = legitimate authority.
    Privileges = illegitimate restriction.
    Reflect the Light!

I hereby grant you the Right...

It is a phrase we hear far too often. The problem with the first line of this post is that the terms Right and Priviledge are NOT interchangable. In fact, they are polar opposites. I can not grant you any Rights what so ever. Why? It opposes the definition of what a Right is. I can not grant anyone a Right because all people, emphasis on ALL people, already have that Right. I can grant Priviledges. I can grant a person the Priviledge, or Permission, for example, to come into my house, or to smoke on my property. But I can not grant or give or even force a Right because it already belongs to the person and can NOT be taken away.

Taken a step further is application of Law. Rights are not taken away. They can only be ignored. As would be the case if we were to throw all the Criminal Banksters in the prisons they belong in for their crimes against humanity. We could only choose to ignore their Rights just as they have chosen to ignore ours.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Rule of thumb: If it requires someone else to pay for it, it is NOT a right. Education, healthcare, etc etc.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Rights are things the government violates; privileges are things the government takes away from you after you pay for them.

+1

"No one in their right mind would give up a right for a privilege" Edmund Burke

Try these also

Michael Badnarik - Constitution Class (Complete)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp-48d_jSb4 (Warning! 6 Hours)

(1 of 3) You Have Rights; the Government Has Privileges--Michael Badnarik
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iEl4YTZtcc
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is my favorite on rights.

They (the makers of the constitution) conferred, as against the Government, the right to be let alone---- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men...

Cite- Louis D.Brandeis " OLMSTEAD V UNITED STATES (1928)

Regards

ACESFULL

Quote Originally Posted by acesfull View Post
    "No one in their right mind would give up a right for a privilege" Edmund Burke
    A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus