Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EXCLUSIVE — Scott Walker to Iowa to Speak at Freedom Summit

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Well the point is I still don't know who's best. Rand has some concerns as I posted above, but noones perfect. Rand seemed to have more unconstitutional votes recently, as his Freedom Index reduced from 94 to 92. We don't know yet if Walker supports so-called free trade agreements. i would like to know Walker's position on the UN. Has Rand, like Ron did previously, pushed forward a Get US Out of the UN bill each year? The National Review had a hit-piece out on Walker, but any criticism out of that neocon rag I take as a positive for the person they're criticizing. I agree that the MSNBC article you posted above on Walker & bombing ISIS & ground troops is a major concern. I'm sharing that with my JBS friends who told me Walker is the best of the bunch for their take; maybe they'll reconsider Rand.

If you are worried about neoconservativism, then you have no reason to even think about Walker. He is worse than McCain.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    walker lol
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennial Conservatarian View Post
    Because he will not be taken seriously as a candidate by the people, let alone the media.

If my father, who has worked 25 years for the same company and worked his way up to 6-figure regional manager positions and had the best regional sales numbers in the country year after year, can't advance to upper-management of a mid-sized corporation because he lacks a college degree, why should the President of the United States not be held to the same standard?

What are we going to tell our kids? Finish high school, don't go to college, and one day you can be President? It may work for a Governor but with the national media (especially if it's a Republican we're talking about) they will never hear the end of it. Not having a college degree is already an issue among Republican radio personalities, let's not make it an issue among our Presidential candidates.
    Your fathers company is simply poorly run.

A lot of the biggest companies in the States were founded and run by people who weren't graduates.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Your fathers company is simply poorly run.

A lot of the biggest companies in the States were founded and run by people who weren't graduates.
    Yeah, look at Bill Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    If you are worried about neoconservativism, then you have no reason to even think about Walker. He is worse than McCain.
    Ok, let me get this straight to you guys, I don't want your opinions. I just want facts. Provide proof to Walker being neoconservative. PLEASE, please no offense, but less of your own words, and more direct links to what the man said and how he voted. I don't have much time to read your opinions.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel. If you have facts about Walker, provide the quotes & votes along with a link(s) so that it will save me time in doing research. Thanks.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Millennial Conservatarian View Post
    No college degree. Discussion should end there.
    Benjamin Franklin didn't even make it to 'high school.' I'm not going to admonish someone for not being to endure the linear, boxed approach that typifies most universities.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-06-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No, it shouldn't. I don't like Walker, but I would gladly vote for a farmer or any honest clear headed guy over a slimy lawyer.
    I'm fine with voting for lawyers who are not slimy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Ok, let me get this straight to you guys, I don't want your opinions. I just want facts. Provide proof to Walker being neoconservative. PLEASE, please no offense, but less of your own words, and more direct links to what the man said and how he voted. I don't have much time to read your opinions.
    I don't want to reinvent the wheel. If you have facts about Walker, provide the quotes & votes along with a link(s) so that it will save me time in doing research. Thanks.
    Good points, we are still in the process of learning about Walker. Hopefully these threads will help?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ational-Thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

If you know anything else about him please comment in those threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12