Thread: Boehner: I'm most 'anti-establishment' Speaker in history

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boehner: I'm most 'anti-establishment' Speaker in history

After defeating a rebellion by 25 conservative Republicans this week, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday declared himself “the most anti-establishment Speaker” in history.

“During my years here when I voted, I had the eighth-most conservative voting record in the Congress and it does pain me to be described as spineless or a squish,” Boehner told reporters. “But what pains me the most is when they describe me as the establishment.
    “I’m the most anti-establishment Speaker we’ve ever had.

"Who was the guy who got rid of earmarks? Me. Who's the guy who believes in regular order? Me," Boehner continued. "Who believes in allowing more members to participate in the process, from both sides of the aisle? Me."

Boehner won his third term as Speaker on Tuesday, but with more defections from his own party than any Speaker in modern history. He chalked up the conservative opposition to widespread anger at Washington.

"The American people are very frustrated. They are frustrated in a struggling economy,” Boehner said. “This frustration that's out there, they need to take it out on somebody. They take it out on the president, they take it out on me. It comes with the territory.”
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/22...ker-in-history

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Boehner: I'm most egotistical Speaker in history

Thats better.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Thats better.
    +rep... there's way to much "me" coming off of what he said.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

While that may be factually correct, it still ain't much nor nearly enough.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Pop goes the boner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many Boehners does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I don't have an answer, but I am sure someone can come up with a good one.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates