Thread: Psychiatrists Now Say Non-Conformity is a Mental Illness: Only the Sheeple are 'Sane'

Psychiatrists Now Say Non-Conformity is a Mental Illness: Only the Sheeple are 'Sane'

Psychiatrists Now Say Non-Conformity is a Mental Illness: Only the Sheeple are 'Sane'

By Jonathan Benson

Natural News

January 7, 2015

(NaturalNews) Modern psychiatry has become a hotbed of corruption, particularly the kind that seeks to demonize and declare mentally ill anyone who deviates from what is regarded as the norm. This is abundantly evident in the latest installment of the industry’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, which dubs people who do not conform to what those in charge declare to be normal as mentally insane.

The so-called “condition” for why a person might choose to resist conformity has been labeled by the psychiatric profession as “oppositional defiant disorder,” or ODD. The new DSM defines this made-up disease as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” and also lumps it in alongside attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, another made-up condition whose creator, Dr. Leon Eisenberg, admitted it to be phony on his death bed.

As you might suspect from this type of open-ended description, almost any personal behavior perceived by someone else to be undesirable or strange might be categorized as symptomatic of ODD. Children who throw temper tantrums or fight with their siblings, for instance, might be declared to have this supposed mental illness, as might children who express disagreement with their parents or teachers.

Disobedience and defiance are common behaviors among young children, and parents have long dealt with such behaviors by exercising proper discipline. At the same time, not all forms of disobedience and defiance are wrong, depending on the authority involved and the action petitioned. A child who is told by his teacher to keep his unpopular opinions to himself, for instance, and who resists this order might simply be exercising his freedom to express disagreement.

But that’s the problem with categorizing conditions like ODD so loosely, as virtually any uncommon behavior can be declared to be oppositional or defiant simply because it bucks the status quo. Famous minds of the past like Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell, for instance, whose unconventional ideas might have seemed crazy in their day, are the types of folks who today might be declared to have ODD or some other type of mental disease.

An even greater danger to using this subjective approach in the diagnosis of mental illness is that it threatens to curtail freedom of speech and political dissent. The federal government has already tried to declare those who oppose its tyrannical policies, or who simply question them, as having “political paranoia,” a type of mental illness.

Characterizing non-conformity as ‘mental illness’ a hallmark of totalitarian government

Such outlandish abuse of the medical system for controlling popular thought is nothing new. Many authoritarian governments, including the former USSR, implemented similar mental health programs that categorized dissenters as having chemical imbalances in need of a remedy. Today, that remedy is often mind-altering, psychotropic drugs with devastating side effects.

“Psychiatric incarceration of mentally healthy people is uniformly understood to be a particularly pernicious form of repression, because it uses the powerful modalities of medicine as tools of punishment, and it compounds a deep affront to human rights with deception and fraud,” explains a 2002 analysis and commentary on the abuse of psychiatry in both the Soviet Union and China that was published in the Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law.

“Doctors who allow themselves to be used in this way… betray the trust of society and breach their most basic ethical obligations as professionals.”

You can view this study, which has powerful implications for what the psychiatric profession is becoming today, here: http://jaapl.org.

Sources for this article include:

http://breakingdeception.com
    http://www.naturalnews.com
    http://rense.com
    http://jaapl.org
    http://science.naturalnews.com
    Reprinted from Natural News.

Copyright © 2015 Natural News
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/n...r/are-you-odd/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Normal is the average insanity of the mass." -- R.D. Laing

Shrinks: Libertarians Are Crazy

Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Since psychiatry is an enforcement arm of the State, I guess we cannot be too surprised that the latest edition of its diagnostic manual “identifies a new mental illness called ‘oppositional defiant disorder’ or ODD. Defined as an ‘ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,’ symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.” (Thanks to Gail Higgins)

UPDATE from a friend:

My wife, who is an expert in childhood behavior disorders and similar fields, is a crusader against all these attempts to define people as insane whenever they behave like human beings. As you know, the war against boys is at its worst with ADD, ADHD, and such, but ODD is just the latest and also defines “good” girls as obedient and compliant.

But it’s not just the seculars who think that obedient people are the best people. The world of child-rearing philosophies these days is filled with stuff from evangelical protestants in which it is the job of the parents to “break the spirit” of the children and to use corporal punishment even on infants. There are various protestant cults around “discipline” in which obedience to and respect for authority is the most important thing in the world. Of no importance is the skill of determining if someone actually deserves your respect or obedience.

So who can be surprised when these people grow up to worship governments and their agents?

My wife is a big promoter of the Salesian system of education of St Francis de Sales and St John Bosco. Respect and obedience must be earned, and this is usually best done through “loving kindness.” Bosco demonstrated this can work on even the most criminally-prone boys. Were he not in Heaven, he would surely be spinning in his grave over the way we treat boys today and define them as having a disorder for acting like boys.
    9:22 am on January 6, 2015

Email Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

The Best of Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ans-are-crazy/

Oh goody another moniker "they" can hang on me....

That ^^ goes double for psychiatrists. The only sane ones are the few who don't deny they're crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Oppositional Defiant Disorder

^^^ I wear it as a badge of honor.

I love Michael Tsarion he studies so much about how powers that be influence and manipulate the general population. The video I have posted "The War on Conciousness" has a quote by Mark Twain: "When we realize that the whole world is mad all the mysteries of life stand explained" and one by Artie Lane: "Insanity is a perfectly natural adjustment to a totally unnatural environment"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Psychiatrists are crazy.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

If feel so much better now, knowing for certain I'm mentally ill.
    Seriously, I was able to figure out years ago the ADD/ADHD were phony, and I'm surprised there isn't more visible controversy to fight the excess use of harmful drugs.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

/in b4 the usual suspects try to discredit the thread for citing Natural News
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The depths if human corruption in all its forms never ceases to amaze me. It is so consistently uniform across the generations as to leave me wondering if someone "up there" has gone bat$#@! crazy, or has a truly morbid sense of humor.

What the article describes is not only identical to that which had been carried forth in the Soviet Union, China, and most of the other "modern" tyrannies, it was described here in the USA, recognized for what it was, and we were warned against it. It was part of an older generation's schooling/indoctrination as one of the elements of the modern tyrant's (mainly the Soviets) repertoire of standard procedures for quelling dissent. We were read this chapter and verse, rightly so, and here we are some decades later bearing witness to the self-same phenomenon coming to not-so-subtle fruition right here in our own yard, yet all we do is sit idly and let it unfold.

Wow.

Just wow.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Psychiatry was born as an arm of the State and remains that way today.

Dont worry, there is already a pill to treat this disorder. Lithium.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    If feel so much better now, knowing for certain I'm mentally ill.
    Seriously, I was able to figure out years ago the ADD/ADHD were phony, and I'm surprised there isn't more visible controversy to fight the excess use of harmful drugs.
    Back then everybody trusted the FDA and now they are advertising these drugs to the masses it is mass hypnotism.

Just a correction to the thread title. Psychiatrists don't think anyone is sane.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    but yeah here ya go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...e_Soviet_Union

Anti-Soviet political behavior, in particular, being outspoken in opposition to the authorities, demonstrating for reform, writing books were defined in some persons as being simultaneously a criminal act (e.g., violation of Articles 70 or 190-1), a symptom (e.g., "delusion of reformism"), and a diagnosis (e.g., "sluggish schizophrenia").[7] Within the boundaries of the diagnostic category, the symptoms of pessimism, poor social adaptation and conflict with authorities were themselves sufficient for a formal diagnosis of "sluggish schizophrenia."[8]

follow that rabbit hole.