Thread: Anti-GMO Petition Receives 59,742,753 Signatures

Anti-GMO Petition Receives 59,742,753 Signatures

Anti-GMO Petition Receives 59,742,753 Signatures
    Celebrities, scientists, and concerned citizens sign on

by Christina Sarich

It isn’t a small minority anymore asking our regulators to limit biotech’s far-reaching arm. There is now an open letter endorsed by more than 59 million people asking both US and UK officials to be more prudent in questioning the hazards of genetically modified crops.

The open letter is signed by celebrities, scientists, farmers, academics in various fields, business tycoons, and every day people like you and me. It’s called the letter from America, but it is getting global attention. No longer can Americans be called sheeple. We are clearly voicing or disdain for GM crops in ever growing numbers, and our eyes are wide open.

One high-profile signatory, actress Susan Sarandon says:

“We’ve had GMOs in the US for nearly 20 years. Instead of bringing certainty and security they have raised more and more worrying questions about their effectiveness, their necessity, and even their safety. Polls show that the majority of US citizens – and in fact citizens everywhere – either want them labelled or taken out of the food system altogether. It’s important to keep pressing our elected representatives to act in accordance with this strong public mandate.”

Chef Alice Waters, Robert Kennedy Jr., Sara Gilbert, Tommy Hilfiger, Marianne Williamson, Philip L Bereano, Professor Emeritus of Technology and Public Policy at the University of Washington, Evaggalos Villianatos, former EPA Analyst and author of Poison Spring, and many others second her sentiments.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is the Dishonesty by these companies with the people that pisses me off more than anything else.

Pink Slime? What is so hard about telling me that it is Pink Slime? If they are honest about what they are shoving down our throats, they might just get a bit less bad rap. But they insist that there is absolutely no difference between Pink Slime and Chicken, and that Legalized Dishonesty is where we run into problems.

Food Slavery.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    It is the Dishonesty by these companies with the people that pisses me off more than anything else.

Pink Slime? What is so hard about telling me that it is Pink Slime? If they are honest about what they are shoving down our throats, they might just get a bit less bad rap. But they insist that there is absolutely no difference between Pink Slime and Chicken, and that Legalized Dishonesty is where we run into problems.

Food Slavery.
    (Mod edit) Although it is true that people telling you that there is no difference between pink slime and chicken would be lying, it isn't for the reason you think. It's because "pink slime" is a form of beef (mod edit).

(mod edit)

As for the rest of it, it is simply beef that's made from a process that removes food from the carcass that previously would have been thrown away and wasted. It is a huge technological advancement - one that improves efficiency and reduces cost (mod edit)

stay the $#@! out of the business dealings of MY food supply, because I do not want to pay a surcharge

(Mod edit)
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-09-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    (Mod edit) Although it is true that people telling you that there is no difference between pink slime and chicken would be lying, it isn't for the reason you think. It's because "pink slime" is a form of beef (mod edit).

(mod edit)

As for the rest of it, it is simply beef that's made from a process that removes food from the carcass that previously would have been thrown away and wasted. It is a huge technological advancement - one that improves efficiency and reduces cost (mod edit)

stay the $#@! out of the business dealings of MY food supply, because I do not want to pay a surcharge

(Mod edit)
    (after mod edit so I didnt see it before)

I want nothing to do with your food supply what so ever. What you and they agree on is not any of my business. Never said it should be. What should be my business is between me and my food supplier. And I find far too many are making efforts to be completely deceptive. It has nothing to do with you. As far as I am concerned, Pink Slime = Lower Quality Cut of Meat. So just label it as such, for me, not you. It will probably go a long way with other people too, but is not personally aimed at controlling your food. The thing is if we allow this level of dishonesty to continue, you'll end up getting screwed in your dealings with your food supplier. Again, I dont feel that is my business. Other side of the coin is we both probably have to deal with many of the same companies, so it is just as much my business to tell my food supplier "label it and be honest or my money goes elsewhere".

Pink Slime itself has gotten a very bad rap. But it is not breaking news. Neither is GMO. What has given it the bad rap is the greedy money extorting deceptive corporate policies that create food insecurity for billions of people. Terminator seeds. Franken foods. Ever heard of Celiac Disease? Total gluten intolerance. We dont have real wheat any more, we have superwheat. That wasnt genetically engineered, but selectively bred, which is quite different than getting in and messing with the DNA of the wheat. It just produces more, but wasnt DNA programmed. Terminator Seeds are being DNA programmed, and as far as self sustainability, it is a big issue. Bananas today are also not the same bananas we had 60 years ago. The bananas of 60 years ago are literally all gone, completely wiped out. Bananas are genetically identical. To create a new banana plant, take a leaf and poke it in the ground. There is no cross polination so there is no genetic exchanges or genetic diversity, which makes entire crops suseptible to the same diseases. Bananas of 60 years ago were completely wiped out because they were all genetically identical and were destroyed by one of these diseases, much like the potato blight of the Irish.

Again, my problem is the dishonesty. Eat this, it is "perfectly safe", only to find out that it isnt. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me because I should have known better. The volume of signatures will probably tell you the same thing, just be honest with us and we wont try to get the violence branch of the govt to force proper behavior.

Anyway, back on my ignore list as I dont believe that you seek any form of peace without Govt violence. Thus, dont bother responding cuz I wont read it anyway.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.