Thread: Thomas Massie Announces Audit the Fed Legislation on Fox News

Thomas Massie Announces Audit the Fed Legislation on Fox News

Massie on Cavuto

Video at link

Yesterday, Congressman Thomas Massie (R-Ky) announced that today he will introduce legislation requiring a full audit of the Federal Reserve. Check out the video below and stay tuned for more updates on Audit the Fed!

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/na...tion-fox-news/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's an email I just got:

U.S. Representative Massie Introduces Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Thomas Massie introduced H.R. 24, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2015, also known as “Audit the Fed.” The bipartisan bill would require the Comptroller General to conduct a full examination of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Reserve banks.

"The American public deserves more insight into the practices of the Federal Reserve,” Massie said. “Behind closed doors, the Fed crafts monetary policy that will continue to devalue our currency, slow economic growth, and make life harder for the poor and middle class.”

Former Representative Ron Paul (R-TX), who has long championed this cause, originally introduced the bill in 2009.

Massie concluded, “It is time to force the Federal Reserve to operate by the same standards of transparency and accountability to the taxpayers that we should demand of all government agencies."

The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2015 was introduced with 64 bipartisan original co-sponsors. An identical bill introduced by former Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) in the 113th Congress overwhelmingly passed the House of Representatives, 333-92.

Let's hope this goes through. We'll see if Boehner blocks it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Let's hope this goes through. We'll see if Boehner blocks it.
    It's passed the House the last two Congresses. It's the Senate that is the concern.

Thank you Congressman Massie.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

This year it should pass.

Good stuff from Massie!
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2015 was introduced with 64 bipartisan original co-sponsors. An identical bill introduced by former Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) in the 113th Congress overwhelmingly passed the House of Representatives, 333-92.
    It's already up to 103!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-.../house-bill/24

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.