Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Boehner Wins!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He has deep pockets. Wow.

And no one was surprised. The votes weren't there last time, they weren't there this time and all the ranting from Tea Party types all across the internet weren't going to change that.

Awesome.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/1...elude-to-2016/

Now the delusional Republicans, hoping to win the White House in 2016, will find themselves perhaps wishing they had not had this “Republican Surge” for they will not comprehend what is really going on here. The pressure will now be on Republicans to show Americans they are capable of governing something. This is a powerful repudiation of the Obama agenda, and the Obama economy that isn’t working. However, the Republicans stand little chance of correcting anything given Boehner removed from all financial committees anyone who supported Ron Paul demonstrating he doesn’t get it. Boehner will now be re-elected as Speaker and this guy is incapable of creating any positive change himself. He likes Washington as is and sees nothing wrong with the power system.. He went out of his way to defeat any Tea Party candidates so he could rule the Republican Party his way – maintain the status quo. That will DOOM the Republicans for 2016 so Boehner was handed the keys to how to destroy the two-party system. Just watch how nothing will change now.

Boehner cannot grasp that the American people are frustrated with what’s happening in Washington. He will not change anything and see the victory tonight as a confirmation of his delusional view – a huge mistake. A Reuters/Ipsos poll showed 75% of respondents believe the administration needs to “rethink” how it approaches major issues facing the United States and 64% said Obama should replace some of his senior staff after the election. Boehner simply will not grasp this is not a vote for him as much as it is a vote against Washington as a whole. The polls that show the approval rating of Congress are only at 7% – even worse than the Presidency that stand at 39%.

This all sets the stage for 2016. When the people see things do not get better and as the economy turns down 2015.75 – there will be one-year to the 2016 election. We should see a sharp rise in third party (independent) candidates for the first time since the Great Depression.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

My rep kept his word to not vote for Boehner.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Nothing says Freedom like outlawing everything
    I make videos at my YouTube channel. Home of my aquaponics diary. Feel free to subscribe, thumbs up, comment or leave nasty messages, I love them all.

Yeah, I bitcoin! And I love donations!! 1Fs2JaaWVhp69yvUxuTnofomowejZLuMru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    And no one was surprised. The votes weren't there last time, they weren't there this time and all the ranting from Tea Party types all across the internet weren't going to change that.
    If the full House was present, they were only 4 votes short.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The same democratic nonsense your country wants to spread to Russia and elsewhere right?

Congrats on this true democratic process.

Your votes dont matter, its about the money. And elitist power.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    And if there was as much opposition to Boehner as folks claimed, then they would have had more votes.

America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...epublic-unive/
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    And if there was as much opposition to Boehner as folks claimed, then they would have had more votes.
    Yea I agree but if you based your expectations off the pundits who said Boehner would be easily re-elected, then you should be surprised. A margin of 4 votes is not winning easily.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The same democratic nonsense your country wants to spread to Russia and elsewhere right?

Congrats on this true democratic process.

Your votes dont matter, its about the money. And elitist power.
    Exactly, can we move on from this god damn gov $#@!? We dont need these freaks for anything.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Daniel Webster got 12 votes.
    Those that voted against Boehner on Tuesday:

1. Rep. Justin Amash voted for Jim Jordan
    2. Rep. Brian Babin voted for present
    3. Rep. Rod Blum voted for Daniel Webster
    4. Rep. Dave Brat voted for Jeff Duncan
    5. Rep. Jim Bridenstine voted for Louie Gohmert
    6. Rep. Curt Clawson voted for Rand Paul
    7. Rep. Scott DesJarlais voted for Jim Jordan
    8. Rep. Jeff Duncan voted for Trey Gowdy
    9. Rep. Scott Garrett voted for Daniel Webster
    10. Rep. Chris Gibson voted for Kevin McCarthy
    11. Rep. Louie Gohmert voted Louie Gohmert
    12. Rep. Paul Gosar voted for Daniel Webster
    13. Rep. Tim Huelskamp voted for Daniel Webster
    14. Rep. Walter Jones voted Daniel Webster
    15. Rep. Steve King voted Daniel Webster
    16. Rep. Thomas Massie voted Ted Yoho
    17. Rep. Mark Meadows voted Daniel Webster
    18. Rep. Rich Nugent voted Daniel Webster
    19. Rep. Gary Palmer voted Jeff Sessions
    20. Rep. Bill Posey voted Daniel Webster
    21. Rep. Scott Rigell voted Daniel Webster
    22. Rep. Marlin Stutzman voted Daniel Webster
    23. Rep. Randy Weber voted Gohmert
    24. Rep. Daniel Webster voted Daniel Webster
    25. Rep. Ted Yoho voted Ted Yoho
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/06/25...-speaker-vote/

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The moment that the people take over the leadership positions in Congress is the moment that they abolish voting.

Yea I agree but if you based your expectations off the pundits who said Boehner would be easily re-elected, then you should be surprised. A margin of 4 votes is not winning easily.
    No, it's not, but in the eyes of Boehner and all his supporters, it's a win regardless and headlines will say that GOP leadership managed to beat back the rabble rousers and Tea Party types once again, which they did last Speakership vote and have done this time.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Seeing that Walter Jones voted against Boehner makes me again want to ask that Walter get his own sub-forum.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

So, the job is basically his for as long as he wants it. It's disgusting but it is politics. I don't think any of the incoming GA congressmen voted against him like the said they would. Loudermilk was a bit of a disappointment, since he would have been the most-likely to cast an opposing vote, and didn't.

I'd almost rather not donate to a candidate's campaign and instead just pay people in Ohio to vote against Boehner in the general election to get him out of the House for good; that's the only way you're going to remove him from speakership. Of course, buying votes is illegal unless you are a politician, so there's that.

Dave Brat only uprooted Eric Cantor from the Majority Whip position by beating him in a primary. Unless people in Ohio are willing to throw the election and take one for the team (since you aren't likely to defeat Boehner in a primary) . . . yeah, like I said, the job is his until he gets tired of it.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-06-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Seeing that Walter Jones voted against Boehner makes me again want to ask that Walter get his own sub-forum.
    Concur.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

They needed 29 votes to force a second ballot. They got 25. It is still the biggest negative vote in 100 years.

Walter is a Paleocon, but I always thought that he was one of us in recent times. He votes as good as Massie and Amash.

I'm disappointed in Sanford tbh.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They needed 29 votes to force a second ballot. They got 25. It is still the biggest negative vote in 100 years.
    They needed 29 votes if the full House was present. Unfortunately, more than a dozen Dems went to Cuomo's funeral in NY which raised the number of votes needed for a second ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Daniel Webster got 12 votes.
    Interesting that Amash, Massie, Bridenstine, and Huelskamp all voted completely differently from each other. Where the hell were Sanford and Labrador? WTF!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Interesting that Amash, Massie, Bridenstine, and Huelskamp all voted completely differently from each other. Where the hell were Sanford and Labrador? WTF!
    Yeah, some coordination would be nice, but you have to admire any of them for voting their conscience, rather than being intimidated by the thought of being on the leadership's bad side for xx years.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Concur.
    ++

I dont even get what would have happened if he was out? He would be replaced by another statist that wants to make you follow his rules. Who cares.

We are humoring these politicians with our energy, lets cut it off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast