Thread: [Video] Rand Paul's Health Care Suggestion: 'We Could Try Freedom' on Greta

[Video] Rand Paul's Health Care Suggestion: 'We Could Try Freedom' on Greta

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From this interview and others, it sounds like he is predicting that McConnell is going to run the Senate as he has been suggesting for awhile. Smaller on-point bills instead of grand-bargains, allowing amendments and votes on them, passing wishlist legislation, then if it fails following it up with more moderated, but still good legislation.

If only it truly happened...

Rand Paul: 'We Could Try Freedom for a While'

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) says the new Republican-led Congress will vote to repeal all of Obamacare. And when President Obama vetoes that, they'll vote to repeal parts of Obamacare.

And what happens if Republicans are successful in repealing Obamacare? Fox New's Greta Van Susteren asked the senator Monday night.

"We could try freedom for a while," Paul responded. "We had it for a long time. That's where you sell something and I agree to buy it because I like it. That is how we operate in most of rest of the marketplace other than health care. Now the president has said you can only buy certain types of health care that I approve of, and anything I don't approve of, you are not allowed to purchase. We could try freedom. I think it might work. It works everywhere else."

Paul rejected Van Susteren's suggestion that poor people would "end up back at the hospitals, and the hospitals would be providing free care again, and now we've got the financial burden back on the hospitals."

The burden is still on hospitals, Paul said: "Even under Obamacare, there are people that get subsidized insurance. But that has a $6,000 deductible. What do you think they do with that $6,000 deductible? They are still a non-payer" (when they go to the hospital).

Paul noted that even before Obamacare, the government took care of the bottom 5-10 percent of the public who were on Medicaid.

"And then there is also charity. There are different ways that we take care and help the poor. Nobody is saying we would not still do those things if we didn't have Obamacare.

"What Obamacare did was take some of the things we did for the poor and expanded the government to basically the whole marketplace. That I think will ultimately bankrupt the country and then nobody will have good health care."
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susa...-freedom-while