Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 Years Ago, A Doctor Published A Study. It Was Completely Made Up, And It Made Us All Sicker

16 Years Ago, A Doctor Published A Study. It Was Completely Made Up, And It Made Us All Sicker

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Source... http://nowsourcing.com/services/pay-per-click/

https://www.facebook.com/NowSourcing...o?tab=overview

We're a full service internet marketing firm, call us today!

NowSourcing provides Internet marketing services specializing in social media marketing, pay per click management, online re...putation management, search engine optimization, and blog consulting. Founded in 2005, NowSourcing is a highly regarded leader in the social media space.

Funny in 1987 when my child was born the clinic I took my child to wanted me to sign a paper saying I would not sue if I allowed him to be vaccinated in the event that he was injured. So I went to the library and checked out every book on vaccines and after consulting with several friends who were doctors and nurses on vaccine safety I decided not to allow them to fill my child with their toxic poison.

Sure, sure... And only two-years (i.e., 2) ago a New Published Study Verifies Andrew Wakefield’s Research on Autism – Again (MMR Vaccine Causes Autism).

See more: Identification of Unique Gene Expression Profile in Children with Regressive Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Ileocolitis

(And I guess you forgot--yet again--that Dr. Wakefield has been vindicated. Oh well injecting yourself with a plethora of scrumptiously tasty, yummy, and rather unnecessary vaccines tends to fry-up your brainpower.)
    Last edited by Weston White; 01-05-2015 at 06:07 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Always question authority (so-called).

Angela, are you going to start buying carbon credits? After all science can't be wrong. Here's what can't be debated. Amish get vaccinated at a rate lower than the general population and they have autism at a rate lower than the general population. http://tinyurl.com/bzpvch
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Angela, are you going to start buying carbon credits? After all science can't be wrong. Here's what can't be debated. Amish get vaccinated at a rate lower than the general population and they have autism at a rate lower than the general population. http://tinyurl.com/bzpvch

Stop making sense someone is likely to get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Sure, sure... And only two-years (i.e., 2) ago a New Published Study Verifies Andrew Wakefield’s Research on Autism – Again (MMR Vaccine Causes Autism).

See more: Identification of Unique Gene Expression Profile in Children with Regressive Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Ileocolitis

(And I guess you forgot--yet again--that Dr. Wakefield has been vindicated. Oh well injecting yourself with a plethora of scrumptiously tasty, yummy, and rather unnecessary vaccines tends to fry-up your brainpower.)
    Since you've read that study, please quote for me the part where it says immunizations are the cause of either the gastrointestinal problems or the autism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Minor side note, here's the author of that study explaining that his research doesn't say what you think it says:

Wake Forest Researcher Warns Against Making Connection Between Presence of Measles Virus and Autism
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

A special Upworthy series about global health and poverty, made possible by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
    and in other news from the site....

"The Top 5 Countries For Gender Equality In 2014 Are All In One Place. I Want To Go There.
    By Robby Berman"

"Watch This Woman Confront Men Taking Up Too Much Space On The Subway
    By Joseph Lamour"

"How To Prevent Your Racist Grandpa From Making Christmas Dinner The Most Awkward Meal Ever
    By Adam Mordecai"

It looks like one of those supermarket magazines, with some metro sexual men sprinkled in.
    "The Patriarch"

Oh, nice, such an unbiased site.

Today, Upworthy is a million-hit machine for heartfelt, progressive content, and it is trying to use this alchemy—spinning hearty fiber into viral gold—on behalf of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. On Tuesday, the company announced it is launching a global health and poverty section backed with Gates money, suggesting a future for not only the site's editorial strategy but also for its business.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ything/281472/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upworthy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Minor side note, here's the author of that study explaining that his research doesn't say what you think it says:

Wake Forest Researcher Warns Against Making Connection Between Presence of Measles Virus and Autism
    That is a news release from 2006.

Of course,

Walker said he will continue to look for possible causes, the biological mechanism, and new treatments of the bowel condition. “That’s the goal for me: understanding the biology of what’s causing the disease and then gaining insight into the most effective way to treat it, so that clinicians will not have to go through a trial and error approach.”

That reiterated, do you have anything current from Doc Walker with regard to his research on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    He was not vindicated in any sense of the word. That second study only indicated a reaction in African American males. Wakefield's study said nothing of the kind.

Wakefield falsified data, hid results, ignored sections of his own work, and had his own vaccine patented and ready to go when the news broke. Your hero is literally the guy you direly warn others about.

Still waiting for a fact to be rebutted. Just one fact.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-05-2015 at 09:28 AM.

I don't argue for or against global warming because I do not understand that science and certainly don't want to come off looking as absolutely stone cold ignorant as the anti-vaxxers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Stop making sense someone is likely to get confused.
    Says one of the most "confused" people on the planet.

Here's what can't be debated. Amish get vaccinated at a rate lower than the general population and they have autism at a rate lower than the general population. http://tinyurl.com/bzpvch
    That article doesn't argue that vaccination has anything to do with autism and in fact argues for a number of factors that could be why they have a lower autism rate other than vaccination rate -- but I assume you already knew that; so I'm just pointing it out for those that didn't read the link.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Says one of the most "confused" people on the planet.
    You are to be commended... I've been listening to death metal all morning and you still sound hateful to me.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

I don't think you understand what you claim to understand. While he hasn't jumped all the way to saying "Vaccines cause autism", his research does point in that direction. From your own link.

Walker explains that exploring the causes of chronic bowel disease in autistic children is the major impetus for his research. “There are lots of viruses in the gut, and any one of them could be causing inflammation. If it truly is from a vaccine and this virus causes inflammation and a chronic bowel condition in some susceptible children, then that’s something that needs to be known.”

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't argue for or against global warming because I do not understand that science and certainly don't want to come off looking as absolutely stone cold ignorant as the anti-vaxxers do.

And so do you understand the reason behind the correlation between lower vaccination rates among the Amish and lower incidents of autism? Or is vaccination an area where you are willing to pretend you know all there is to know?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That article doesn't argue that vaccination has anything to do with autism and in fact argues for a number of factors that could be why they have a lower autism rate other than vaccination rate -- but I assume you already knew that; so I'm just pointing it out for those that didn't read the link.
    True. Of course to get the entire picture you have to look at more than one source. The article I linked to dismissed the vaccination claim with one sentence "The Amish do vaccinate". That's true. Some people have jumped on a study that shows that the majority of Amish vaccinate and claim that shows that the difference can't be vaccination. But that's an ignorant conclusion. In one study, 85% of Amish parents responded that their children had received at least 1 vaccination. (See: http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...-2599.abstract) But if you compare that to the U.S. as a whole, 92% of children receive MMR alone. And 94% received the DTP vaccine. (See http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-mana.../2013-map.html). So, when you pull everything together, it is clear that there is a correlation between lower vaccination rates among the Amish and lower incidents of Autism. Now, does that mean there aren't other factors to be considered? Of course not. What should happen is a controlled study between Amish who vaccinate and Amish who don't comparing them with people in the general population who vaccinate and who don't and see if there is any effect. That said, the "science" that dismisses the possibility of a vaccine / autism link is pure hogwash.

And you DO understand vaccine science? Where did you get your degree?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Now, does that mean there aren't other factors to be considered? Of course not.
    Of course, of course not! The amish are sooo different from most of modern American society that the number of possible other factors are enormous. Especially if its a matter of a combination of factors.

What should happen is a controlled study between Amish who vaccinate and Amish who don't comparing them with people in the general population who vaccinate and who don't and see if there is any effect.
    That sure would be nice, I don't see much benefit to the Amish though to participate in such a study that would necessarily have to be quite involved in their daily life.

Whats even more confounding on this issue is how they merged aspergers and autism; even though new science shows them as physiologically different: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...in-Differences

So which one are we talking about now? Autism or Autism-that-used-to-be-called-Aspergers?

I, too, find this correlation very interesting, however, it is not necessarily due to vaccines. There are many, many, many dimensions in which Amish life is different than the general population's life. Could they have less autism due to more vitamin D? Different diet? Some other factor related to the lack of technology? Good genetics? We just don't know. There's too many variables. All we can say is that becoming an Amish person living an Amish lifestyle in an Amish community will make your kids less likely to get autism, and we can't even say that for sure because it could be due to better genetics. Amish lines may simply be more resistant to autism.

Angela's infographic has largely correct facts, in my opinion, but not entirely. For one thing, a 1.8% percent refusal rate does not explain a whooping cough incidence only 1/3 of the rate before vaccines. 50,000 is lower than 150,000, but nothing like the 2,000 it was down to. There is some other problem going on there. To blame the skyrocketing resurgence of whooping cough entirely on vaccination refusals is totally invalid and dishonest, in my opinion.

Also, the thing at the end says that babies receiving too many vaccines at once is "A-OK, no problemo, no one should give a second thought to this bogus worry." That is far too strident. Having a more spread-out vaccination schedule may very well be prudent and lead to better mental function. That is what is recommended, for instance, by Dr. David Perlmutter in Raise a Smarter Child by Kindergarten. Many scientists suspect the current extremely compressed schedule may overload the baby's system and have unfavorable consequences for the fragile developing brain. Spreading the shots out over more visits (fewer shots per visit) will not compromise any advantages of immunization, but will give the baby's body more time to assimilate and deal with the agents introduced by the vaccines. Nothing but win.

Here's another theory as to what is causing the autism epidemic -- and it is an epidemic: by 2025, 1 in 2 U.S. children will be autistic if trends continue:

"...recent findings that the active ingredient glyphosate is found in the breast milk of American mothers at levels that are a dangerous 760 to 1600 times higher than allowable limits in European drinking water.

'In my view, the situation is almost beyond repair,' Dr. Seneff said after her presentation. 'We need to do something drastic.' "

Dr Andrew Wakefield Not Guilty Says BBC – General Medical Council Wrong
    Posted on April 14, 2013 by ChildHealthSafety

With the UK’s national media in a feeding frenzy whipped up by the UK’s Department of Health claiming the current outbreaks of relatively few measles cases are all the fault of Dr Andrew Wakefield, the BBC appears to have slipped up and confirmed that the main plank of the General Medical Council’s case against Dr Wakefield and his two colleagues at the Royal Free Hospital, London, England in 1998 has bitten the dust.

The main plank of the GMC’s case was that there was only one study carried out by Dr Wakefield and his colleagues on the “Lancet 12″ children, that it did not have ethics approval and that it was the study reported in February 1998 in the UK’s medical journal “The Lancet”.

Whilst the BBC is meant to be independent and unbiased as a news source, it has been propping up the UK Government and Health Department’s official line for many years over the MMR/autism issue not being caused by vaccines and that Dr Wakefield was wrong.

But who in fact is wrong? If you cannot get your facts right over something pretty major then how can you have your facts right on that issue?

In a report yesterday it appears to have allowed a significant chink in the UK Government’s position. The BBC confirms there were in fact two studies carried out: one was for the Legal Aid Board but it was not the one the GMC panel Chaired by Dr Surendra Kumar decided it was.

The three defendant doctors claimed there were two studies: that the Lancet study was not the Legal Aid Board study and that the Lancet study had a different ethical approval – contrary to the GMC’s allegations.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I, too, find this correlation very interesting, however, it is not necessarily due to vaccines. There are many, many, many dimensions in which Amish life is different than the general population's life. Could they have less autism due to more vitamin D? Different diet? Some other factor related to the lack of technology? Good genetics? We just don't know. There's too many variables. All we can say is that becoming an Amish person living an Amish lifestyle in an Amish community will make your kids less likely to get autism, and we can't even say that for sure because it could be due to better genetics. Amish lines may simply be more resistant to autism.

Angela's infographic has largely correct facts, in my opinion, but not entirely. For one thing, a 1.8% percent refusal rate does not explain a whooping cough incidence only 1/3 of the rate before vaccines. 50,000 is lower than 150,000, but nothing like the 2,000 it was down to. There is some other problem going on there. To blame the skyrocketing resurgence of whooping cough entirely on vaccination refusals is totally invalid and dishonest, in my opinion.

Also, the thing at the end says that babies receiving too many vaccines at once is "A-OK, no problemo, no one should give a second thought to this bogus worry." That is far too strident. Having a more spread-out vaccination schedule may very well be prudent and lead to better mental function. That is what is recommended, for instance, by Dr. David Perlmutter in Raise a Smarter Child by Kindergarten. Many scientists suspect the current extremely compressed schedule may overload the baby's system and have unfavorable consequences for the fragile developing brain. Spreading the shots out over more visits (fewer shots per visit) will not compromise any advantages of immunization, but will give the baby's body more time to assimilate and deal with the agents introduced by the vaccines. Nothing but win.

Here's another theory as to what is causing the autism epidemic -- and it is an epidemic: by 2025, 1 in 2 U.S. children will be autistic if trends continue:

"...recent findings that the active ingredient glyphosate is found in the breast milk of American mothers at levels that are a dangerous 760 to 1600 times higher than allowable limits in European drinking water.

'In my view, the situation is almost beyond repair,' Dr. Seneff said after her presentation. 'We need to do something drastic.' "
    Dr Seneff did not do any labwork (she doesn't have a lab). It isn't based on scientific research and testing. Her PhD is in computer sciences. her "50% autistic by 2025" assumes exponential growth from where we are now. What she did was to collect data and do computer regressions. Regressions try to identify things which move together but don't necessarily mean cause/ effect. One can produce a similar chart:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...yone-autistic/

Organic Foods Cause Autism!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-05-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    That is a news release from 2006.

That reiterated, do you have anything current from Doc Walker with regard to his research on the subject?
    Are you suggesting that he should have made new news releases to say that things have not changed and his opinion is still the same? Isn't that the opposite of what news releases are for? Shouldn't you be finding me the release that says he changed his mind?
    Pinochet is the model

Everybody knows that it's the buggy rides that prevent autism. Or maybe it's seatbelts.

That isn't a study, and it is therefore nothing more than an anecdote, but even so, the answers are there.

"a child in the general population is more likely to have autism detected early and to receive a diagnosis than an Amish child. "

"the Amish have a high prevalence of genetic risk factors and are protected from others. The low rate of idiopathic autism "might have more to do what genetic structure of population than lifestyle, environment or diet."

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Like get this weirdo away from her keyboard. How anybody can be at MIT and not understand how simple math works is inexcusable.

Everybody knows that it's the buggy rides that prevent autism. Or maybe it's seatbelts.

That isn't a study, and it is therefore nothing more than an anecdote, but even so, the answers are there.
    I never said it was a study. That said many of the best science starts with someone observing an anecdote that turns out to be statistically true. As for your so called "answers" that's simply what you are wanting to see. And the premise of your OP is ridiculously flawed. Vaccine compliance is at record highs and yet your claiming that one published study critical of vaccines (which has in part been vindicated now) is somehow making us all "sicker"? You seriously call your analysis scientific?

Like get this weirdo away from her keyboard. How anybody can be at MIT and not understand how simple math works is inexcusable.
    The person who doesn't understand simple math is the one who made the chart in your OP. While 1/4 of Americans believe vaccines pose a risk of autism only 1.8% don't vaccinate. What your dishonest chart doesn't say is that that 1.8% represents a decrease in the opt out rate. That's right. With more children being vaccinated you are seeing a rise in whooping cough. Goodness, this is the most dishonest use of statistics I have ever seen! Here is the chart you should be looking at.

Vaccine rates have gone up. By your graphic in the OP, whooping cough is going up. Now while that doesn't prove more vaccines cause more whooping cough, it does disprove the claim that somehow this study has made us "sicker."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast