Thread: The truth about Stefan Molyneux (my take)

The truth about Stefan Molyneux (my take)

And the truth is that he is a big hypocrite, a liar and a fraud. From the very beginning, I have always had a problem with Stefan. My first video of his that I watched was the one about a message to Ron Paul supporters. It was at a time when I just discovered libertarianism and Ron Paul. I was still feeling the high of the 6 million record breaking fundraising and his ass kicking in the debates. Then I listened to his really long rambling about how what we were doing will lead to nowhere. I mean, there was always a voice in my head telling me that the campaign will fail and even if Ron Paul won, changing the system from the inside would still not work but I still thought that was the best option available. The difference between that voice in my head and Stefan was that the voice in my head did not propose an even more ludicrous and pipe dream idea like teaching compassion to our kids and somehow winning over the statist love and powerless logic and also it wasn't asking for monetary donations. I brushed it off as just someone who was competing with Ron Paul for money and continued to watch his videos.

Over the years, I ran into his weird ideas about parenting, children, defooing and still I continued to listen. I think the Karate video was the straw that finally did it for me. At that point, I unsubscribed from his channel but still paid a visit every once in a while to see how the community was doing. Since then there have been his very sexist and collective idea about evil having a matriarchal lineage. I mean this was extreme even for a Men's right activist like me. His truth series where black subjects got the real dirt exposed and one could always perceive and air of condescension and contempt towards the subject when compared to the treatment of others and himself in the series. His dismissal of everything conspiracy theory, which for someone who believes that govt is so evil cannot get himself to believe that the farmers (leaders) never conspire with the butcher to kill his cattle every once in a while?. Also his belief that the Ferguson grand jury was justice enough for Mike Brown. And one of the basis he used to justify this was the fact that 3 of the members of the grand jury were African American and they also did not vote to send the case to trial. Then we have the false DMCA file to take down another peaceful youtuber whose only sin was to make a video criticizing him. There are many many more example of him acting the opposite of what he normal preaches but I still brushed them off because there was always an excuse given to justify his contradictions.

Then the gaffe he just made in regards to Eric Gardner victimizing the people who paid taxes was a contradiction that cannot be excused. Anyway, enough with my rambling and I present to you one of the biggest frauds in the freedom movement. Watch this video and keep in mind that this is a person who doesn't believe in voting because it validates the states, a man who is so anti statist that he claims the only reason why he pays taxes is because the state will cage or kill him if he doesn't and would have refused if there was a non lethal/painless way to avoid taxes. This man is a big bad anarchist and yet listen to what he says in the video.

I spilled water on my keyboard so I am missing a few letters and have used spell check and copy and paste to type this out. I think this is that important to expose this fraud.
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-04-2015 at 11:23 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I was never a huge Stef fan either and I think this recent and most egregious misstep on his part will finally help shed some light on the fact that the man is far from the perfectly impartial observer and Jedi Knight of Philosophy™, Logic™, and Empiricism™ that he often portrays himself to be.

On a lighter note, every major ideological group has proponents who regularly embarrass/misrepresent the rest of them and end up being censured publicly by the in-group, which usually helps the group become stronger and more focused as a whole... so I guess the fact that we now have quacks, gatekeepers, psychobabblers, and faux-gurus of our own means we've finally kind of....arrived???
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Yeah, I was never a huge Stef fan either and I think this recent and most egregious misstep on his part will finally help shed some light on the fact that the man is far from the perfectly impartial observer and Jedi Knight of Philosophy™, Logic™, and Empiricism™ that he often portrays himself to be.
    I don't think anybody is. Nobody's perfect. We all have our flaws. I think Stef's are bigger than most in the liberty movement, though.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

On a lighter note, every major ideological group has proponents who regularly embarrass/misrepresent the rest of them and end up being censured publicly by the in-group, which usually helps the group become stronger and more focused as a whole... so I guess the fact that we now have quacks, gatekeepers, psychobabblers, and faux-gurus of our own means we've finally kind of....arrived???
    LOL Libertarians On The March!
    http://content.time.com/time/magazin...673265,00.html http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/libertarians_rising/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

so I guess the fact that we now have quacks, gatekeepers, psychobabblers, and faux-gurus of our own means we've finally kind of....arrived???

Aargh! It takes all kinds. Now hoist that jolly roger!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

So is he rejecting agorism?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9UUQg2vkhA

Wow. Just....wow. I wonder what, according to Stefan, the difference between Bundy Ranch and Eric Garner is... hmmm....

I've never been a fan, and this video in part vindicates me for never having been a fan. Far more than the DMCA nonsense.

I like Stefan. I forgive him for being human like the rest of us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah but I think he's still done more good than bad but it's getting really close to the point where that's going to change. That tax evasion argument makes me think he is just trolling for attention after suffering some well earned hits to his reputation lately.

I never really had a problem with the subject of defooing as a concept. It's great for some people to cut off abusive relatives. The problem is guru-types like him seem to attract some really damaged, socially awkward people that have a hard time analyzing their situation and making good decisions. Most of what I've heard from Stefan has been from when his call in show was on LRN.FM. There were so many times that I heard callers who were so messed up and unable to even communicate basic sentences.

Yeah the guy is scum but the problem is most of his die hard cultists have their head so far up their ass they wont even consider any possible criticism of his holiness.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Yeah the guy is scum but the problem is most of his die hard cultists have their head so far up their ass they wont even consider any possible criticism of his holiness.
    True that. Rather like the Founding Father cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I stumbled upon this interview with some of Stefan's "Inner circle" the other day. Creepy stuff.

N
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I stumbled upon this interview with some of Stefan's "Inner circle" the other day. Creepy stuff.
    we are so smart.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I enjoyed his The Truth About Robin Williams video.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I like Stefan. I forgive him for being human like the rest of us.
    Yeah, I can see that. But if Stefan were more willing to accept the humanity of others and not go out of his way to "tell the truth" (cherry pick and character assassinate) anyone that doesn't fit his philosophy and is held in high esteem by others then he wouldn't make himself such a target.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Stefan's fans definitely can be worse than him. Of course some people have said "I don't mind Ron Paul. I just don't like his supporters." That's got to make me think going forward. If I've ever been that big of a douche in support of Ron Paul (or anybody or anything) I sincerely apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I enjoyed his The Truth About Robin Williams video.
    Stefan does a lot of good work. There is a fine line between passionate and crazy and he flirts with it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.