Thread: Gun Grabbers re-branding, focusing on ballot initiatives

Gun Grabbers re-branding, focusing on ballot initiatives

Gun control by any other name
    http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2015/...ther-name.html
    Would still stink of totalitarianism. Don't fall for the rebranding of gun control as "gun safety":

The gun control movement, blocked in Congress and facing mounting losses in federal elections, is tweaking its name, refining its goals and using the same-sex marriage movement as a model to take the fight to voters on the state level.

After a victory in November on a Washington State ballot measure that will require broader background checks on gun buyers, groups that promote gun regulations have turned away from Washington and the political races that have been largely futile. Instead, they are turning their attention — and their growing wallets — to other states that allow ballot measures.

An initiative seeking stricter background checks for certain purchasers has already qualified for the 2016 ballot in Nevada, where such a law was passed last year by the Legislature then vetoed by the governor. Advocates of gun safety — the term many now use instead of “gun control” — are seeking lines on ballots in Arizona, Maine and Oregon as well.
    It's always pure deceitful rhetoric with the $#@!ing rabbits. Always. The fact that they've been roundly defeated for two decades just means that they'll rebrand, lie, and try again.

And observe that giving their inch only encourages them to immediately go after the mile.
    In Washington, those who pushed the ballot measure through say they will begin a campaign to get the State Legislature to pass measures to keep guns from those with mental illnesses, children and people with a record of domestic violence.
    Never give them an inch. Never compromise. Never moderate. And always punch back twice as hard.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is not good. Ballot wording always stresses something positive and innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

they're gunning it for our rights...(see what I did)

Even if 99% vote for it...."Shall not be infringed".
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Even if 99% vote for it...."Shall not be infringed".
    "Shall not be infringed" meanwhile in Washington...

I get what you're going for, but ultimately, the gun-grabbers are going to be looking for some way to control and confiscate. And besides, they don't care about the "shall not be infringed" part there. They can't bring it through state legislatures? So, they go for the ballot initiatives. Those things are never written good.

“Gun safety”, isn’t that the little toggle lever equipped on the side of most firearms to prevent it from accidentally discharging?

Seriously, though we need a counter-campaign to shut this debate down once and for all. Such as devising a nifty sounding phrase:

Disparagement of our life, our liberty and our pursuits of happiness

Civilian derogation

Democidal proliferation

ETA:

My gun's safety: Is none of your damn business!

My gun's safety: Beeswax Not Yours, Inc.
    Last edited by Weston White; 01-04-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    “Gun safety”, isn’t that the little toggle lever equipped on the side of most firearms to prevent it from accidentally discharging?

Seriously, though we need a counter-campaign to shut this debate down once and for all. Such as devising a nifty sounding phrase:

Disparagement of our life, our liberty and our pursuits of happiness

Civilian derogation

Democidal proliferation
    We begin to see why keeping terms like "safety" protected from definition degradation is such a good idea.

When the guy approached me he lied about the whole thing. The lie worked on some stupid female voter and she signed it. He was saying the Mexican gangs get thier guns from gun shows......he was a real POS. I called him out on his BS and he backed down a bit. Then asked me if I would sign a recrational pot initiative in a smart ass tone of voice. He was surprised when I said I just might. These paid signature grabbers are not telling the truth.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    When the guy approached me he lied about the whole thing. The lie worked on some stupid female voter and she signed it. He was saying the Mexican gangs get thier guns from gun shows......he was a real POS. I called him out on his BS and he backed down a bit. Then asked me if I would sign a recrational pot initiative in a smart ass tone of voice. He was surprised when I said I just might. These paid signature grabbers are not telling the truth.
    Eric Holder is Chicano? Wow, he had me totally fooled. Egg on my face.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Where Mexican gangs get their guns.

Seriously, we need to find a way to make sure everybody knows this.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    We begin to see why keeping all terms like "safety" protected from definition degradation is such a good idea.
    Fixed that fer'ye.

WORDS MATTER.

They are more important than anything else in your life, like it or not.

Never forget this.

Never discount this.

Words are the very foundation of your life as a human being, distinguished from that of an amoeba. Without them, there is no life as you know it, but mere existence.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

And if they're going to use the same strategy as in WA, there will be some sort of mass shooting (probably fabricated by media) right before the vote is taken to bring over the fence-sitters and low info types. How do 2A advocates defend against that??? As puppetmaster demonstrated, those working to disarm have no qualms whatsoever about lying through their teeth.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-04-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book