Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin under fire for posting photos of her son standing on the family dog

Sarah Palin under fire for posting photos of her son standing on the family dog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...amily-dog.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Mail
    The former Alaska governor posted three photos of Trig, 6, on her dog
    She said the images are a symbol of using a stumbling block for good
    Outraged commenters branded the incident as an example of animal abuse

Sarah Palin has sparked outrage by posting pictures on Facebook of her son standing on her dog.

The former Alaska governor described the three images of her six-year-old son Trig using the black Labrador for a stepping stool as 'a symbol of perseverance'.

But the message was met with an instant tirade of anger, with people branding Palin irresponsible.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone knows Trig is a huge Chris Angel fan... He's simply levitating just over the surface of the dog.
    Sheesh...

That floor looks cold - why do these people hate children?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Dog's will let children know when "enough is enough." I've seen these kind of corrections many times. Rarely resulting in broken skin and giving a new profound respect on the kid's part for their "buddy."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Dog's will let children know when "enough is enough." I've seen these kind of corrections many times. Rarely resulting in broken skin and giving a new profound respect on the kid's part for their "buddy."
    Yep. As far as what we see in the picture here, if the dog had a problem with the boy doing that then he'd just get up and move. Cripes, I used to ride on my dogs like a horse when I was young.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Since she knows her kid likes to "help" washing dishes, why isn't there a stepping stool?

Sarah Palin... *yawn*

The people putting her under "fire" for this have obviously never owned a dog.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Every Lab I've ever met will let kids climb all over them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd be pissed at anybody (child or not) who treated my dog with that kind of disrespect, weather the dog minded or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    I'd be pissed at anybody (child or not) who treated my dog with that kind of disrespect, weather the dog minded or not.
    A nephew used to bother a dog of mine to no end. I kept warning him "You keep that up you're gonna get bit." The dog musta been some kinda of saint because I broke before the dog did. I scooped him up and bit him so hard it left a bruise. I said " I warned you if you didn't stop you were gonna get bit." We laugh about it now. He says "I didn't know it was you that was gonna do the bitin'." Lol.

The dog is loving the attn. The kid prob weighs 50lbs. Plz stand on me.

No worries. He was just giving the dog a Russian Martial Art massage.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    The people putting her under "fire" for this have obviously never owned a dog.
    I've had dogs all my life. I'd skin my kid alive for doing this whether the dog minded or not. I sure as hell wouldn't take pictures and post them to the internet. The fact that she rewarded him for doing this is just absurd.

If course if the dog somehow hurts the kid, its the dogs fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    The dog is loving the attn. The kid prob weighs 50lbs. Plz stand on me.
    A male lab weighs bout 60 pounds.

How often do you have people weighing approximately 83% of your body weight standing on your spine for their convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    If course if the dog somehow hurts the kid, its the dogs fault.
    Bingo. Then it becomes "that horrible service dog bit poor little Trig Palin. Horrid brute."

A dog may tolerate bad or undesired behavior---to a point (and just like humans, each dog has its own limits); but once you cross that line, the dog will correct the child on its own.

Some of the dogs that are put down for biting a child were, in fact, engaged in self-defense.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Sarah Palin is an attention whore. Why post this in the first place? She can't get attention any other way lately?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Sarah Palin... *yawn*
    and yet you came back for more:
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I think Sarah Palin is an attention whore. Why post this in the first place? She can't get attention any other way lately?
    bored this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

bored this evening?
    A little. Thanks for indulging my need for entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

bored this evening?
    I think she's just demonstrating her mind reading skills, because she summed up what I was thinking.

The interesting part of this thread is less about Sarah Palin, but rather the potential drama between the dog lovers who believe this is abuse and those who are saying,"Meh, the dog doesn't seem to mind."

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I think she's just demonstrating her mind reading skills, because she summed up what I was thinking.

The interesting part of this thread is less about Sarah Palin, but rather the potential drama between the dog lovers who believe this is abuse and those who are saying,"Meh, the dog doesn't seem to mind."
    Yes, my thought upon seeing this thread was, "Sarah Palin, putting in some time practicing her trolling."

Ironic... the name trig. Trig reminds me of trigonometry. Which remids me of triangles.. which has 3 sides. The kid has down syndrome, which means he has trisomal chromosome. Was it deliberate and supposed to be cute?

Courtesy of Julie Boroski:

The liberals forgot to get all mad when Gay Ellen posted a pic of pretty much the same thing. $20 bucks - now they'll simply start accusing her of copying Ellen.

Kids move around a lot and have ants in their pants. One false move and breaking the spine is possible.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only problem with that kid and dog is adults.

Neither one of 'em needs protected by some grown idiot who knows better, leave 'em be.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Neither one of 'em needs protected by some grown idiot who knows better, leave 'em be.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Can't rep him right now. Someone cover me?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Thank you for saying that.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The adult is the one responsible and liable for the kid's actions.

If a six-year-old brings a gun to school and shoots someone, it's not the kid that's the one getting hauled off to prison.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Vote Trig Palin 2048

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    The adult is the one responsible and liable for the kid's actions.

If a six-year-old brings a gun to school and shoots someone, it's not the kid that's the one getting hauled off to prison.
    Your off topic. It's about a kid and his dog...not an ssri riddled teen.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast