Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ - Cops shoot man trying to comply with orders, hands up.

BRIDGETON, N.J. -- Another police killing is stirring anger in another town, this time in New Jersey, where a tense traffic stop captured on video ended with a passenger shot to death as he stepped out of a car with his hands raised at shoulder height.

The newly released footage from a police dashboard camera shows Bridgeton officers Braheme Days and Roger Worley in a Dec. 30 stop that escalates quickly after Days warns his partner about seeing a gun in the glove compartment of the Jaguar.

Days screams over and over at the passenger, Jerame Reid, "Show me your hands!" and "If you reach for something, you're going to be f------ dead!" The officer appears to reach into the car and remove the gun. But the brief standoff ends with Reid disregarding Days' order to not move, stepping out and getting shot

The shooting has touched off protests in Bridgeton, a struggling city of about 25,000 people -- two-thirds of them black or Hispanic -- 35 miles from Philadelphia. The case came after months of turbulent demonstrations and violence over the killings of unarmed black men by white police officers in New York and Ferguson, Missouri.

Days is black, his partner white. The passenger was black, as was the driver.

Both officers have been placed on leave while the Cumberland County prosecutor's office investigates.

Activists are calling on the prosecutor to transfer the case to the state attorney general. County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae has disqualified herself from the case because she knows Days. First Assistant Prosecutor Harold Shapiro would not comment on the investigation Wednesday.

"The video speaks for itself that at no point was Jerame Reid a threat and he possessed no weapon on his person," said Walter Hudson, chair and founder of the civil rights group the National Awareness Alliance. "He complied with the officer and the officer shot him."

Reid, 36, had spent about 13 years in prison for shooting at New Jersey State Police troopers when he was a teenager. He was also arrested last year on charges including drug possession and obstruction; Days was one of the arresting officers then.

The video was released through open records requests from the South Jersey Times and the Press of Atlantic City.

The officers had pulled over the Jaguar for rolling through a stop sign, and the encounter starts friendly. But Days suddenly steps back, pulls his gun and tells the men, "Show me your hands." Days tells his partner there is a gun in the glove compartment and then appears to reach in and remove a handgun.

The driver, Leroy Tutt, is seen showing his hands atop the open window on his side of the car. It's not clear what Reid is doing, though Days repeatedly warns him not to move during the standoff of less than two minutes.

"I'm going to shoot you!" Days shouts, referring to Reid at one point by his first name. "You're going to be ... dead! If you reach for something, you're going to be ... dead!"

"I ain't got no reason to reach for nothing, bro. I ain't got no reason to reach for nothing," Reid says as Days continues to yell to his partner that Reid is reaching for something.

Someone then says, "I'm getting out and getting on the ground," but Days yells at Reid not to move.

The passenger door pops open and Reid emerges. His hands are at about shoulder height and appear to be empty. As he steps out, the officers fire at least six shots.

After the shooting, there are shouts from people in the area, and other police and emergency vehicles arrive.
    hxxp://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/jerame_reid_video_shows_man_fatally_shot_by_new_je rsey_police_raising_his_hands.html
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The driver was ORDERED to get license and registration. When complying, a gun was seen, NOT IN ANYONE'S HANDS, but in the glove box. The officers totally freaked out. One was pointing a gun to the unarmed victim's head screaming-- This is where things go so wrong so often. Having a gun in one's face and having orders screamed (sometimes conflicting orders) amps the adrenalin to the point where one is a spastic mess. On a lot of pro cop forums, I see so many comments saying "comply or die." Sometimes people freeze in such a situation. Other times people are too hasty too comply and get shot like the poor guy shot in SC as he reached for his driver's license.

3 points.

1. Should this poor guy have gotten pulled over in the first place (who was being served and protected?) Was this a victimless crime where a man is now needlessly dead? In other words, should the officer have insinuated themselves in this situation in the first place?

2. Is it really a big deal that there was a gun in the glove compartment? This was supposed to be a free country? (Don't get me started on New Jersey.)

3. Does the cop have to totally spaz out like that. In the Marines and as a firefighter, I've seen many people do odd things under stress when someone is spazzing out and shouting orders. Add to that stress that there is a gun pointing at your head for NO REASON (The victim never held it a gun! A gun was just seen in the glove compartment. So what!?) Cops who escalate every situation need to be weeded out of the force or this will continue to get worse.

Just a rant. I'm sick of this $#@!.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're right about the increasingly spastic nature of this crap.

Thirty or forty years ago, there were far fewer disco lights and the old rotating beacons were far less likely to cause odd reactions in the brain than strobes, cops never left their sirens blaring when their cars were stopped (who needs a siren blaring on a parked car?), orders tended to be spoken and only one cop tended to give orders.

The new protocols seem specifically designed for increased escalation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Meh, this doesn't happen enough to get worked up about.

Move along.

Chester Copperpot

I know Im sure to get some flak on this but the passenger evidently did something the driver didnt.. The driver didnt get shot. If Day knew this kid Reid who had a prior record of shooting at cops AND there was a gun in the glove compartment, I can understand the cop being a little trigger happy.

Should he have died, no. But he shouldn't have shot at cops in his past either.

One less $#@!tem.

Ill call his a draw.

Oh but there's some admittedly white racist chick who wasn't even there that will say to the grand jury his hands weren't up. I mean that happened in the Mike Brown case to that's par for the course right? /sarc

Oh but the shooting cop is black and so everything is okay right? /sarc
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-22-2015 at 12:17 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    I know Im sure to get some flak on this but the passenger evidently did something the driver didnt.. The driver didnt get shot. If Day knew this kid Reid who had a prior record of shooting at cops AND there was a gun in the glove compartment, I can understand the cop being a little trigger happy.

One less $#@!tem.

Ill call his a draw.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Looking at this on YouTube I saw a related video of a NJ police shooting in 2012, this time of an unarmed teen in the back.

The family says there were two wounds to the back. The DA said there was one "exit wound to the back". How the hell can you only have an exit wound? I mean, I get that for alien chest busters, but a bullet wound?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post

One less $#@!tem.

Ill call his a draw.
    I know I'll catch some flak for this but why were the officers shot at to begin with? What were the circumstances?

The article mentions that the man was a teenager when the shooting occurred. At the very least that would mean that it occurred some 17 years ago with the possibility that it occurred 23 years ago.

The car was pulled over after 'rolling a stop sign' -- a catch all police frequently use to initiate illegal searches for drugs and firearms. Had the man wanted to shoot at the police again, he would have pulled the firearm and let the police happen up to the window. Aside from that fact he mentions he 'has no reason to reach for anything.' The driver was lucky not to have been shot and that is probably attributed to the fact that one, he had his hands out the window (after being threatened with summary execution, I'd add) and two, that the officer knew another officer was behind the target. Exiting a vehicle, a previous incident of shooting at the police, and a drug charge all do not qualify for a cop to be executioner on the side of the road. Especially so when the traffic stop was most certainly initiated with illegal motives. The man had his hands up. If you are such a coward that because of one previous incident in a man's life you feel inclined to shoot him upon his simple exiting of a vehicle (with his hands up, I'd add) perhaps you ought not be a police officer?

You'd be surprised of the number of people who have committed crimes in their past (even murder, etc.) that aren't summarily executed by citizens.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The Gun, Legal or not, Close or not, will get you shot either way.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    The Gun, Legal or not, Close or not, will get you shot either way.
    Hey, the goon "feared for his life"... that's all it takes, right?? Move along...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Excerpt corrected:

The newly released footage from a police dashboard camera shows Bridgeton officers Braheme Days and Roger Worley in a on Dec. 30 stop that escalates quickly quickly escalating a routine traffic stop after Days warns his partner about fell into a confusedly rambling, cursing, tantrum after seeing a gun in the glove compartment of the Jaguar.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

What's this? An uppity peasant possesses a gun? Get it away! Get it away! It's one of those attack guns with nasty big pointed teeth. It's only a matter of time before it attacks of its own volition.

By the Glorious Power of the State, I execute judgment!

</sarc>

How many men and women in uniform will one day stand before their Maker only to realize, too late, that the blood of their innocent victims cries out against them?
    Last edited by Cissy; 01-28-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Hero.

New Jersey Cop Involved in Fatal Shooting of Unarmed Man Sued by Woman Who Claims He Pressured Her Into Sex

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...woman-into-sex

According to a lawsuit, one of the New Jersey police officers involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man last year allegedly blackmailed a woman into having sex with him so he wouldn't arrest her for shoplifting.

The New York Daily News reports that a $25 million lawsuit has been filed against the city of Bridgeton, N.J. by Shakera Brown. The suit claims that Officer Braheme Days coerced her into having sex on multiple occasions after she was allegedly caught shoplifting from a Rite Aid in January 2014:

Days responded to a call for the theft at a Rite Aid on Jan. 20, 2014, and saw Brown. He told her she matched the description of the thief and she would be arrested unless they could "work something out," the lawsuit claims.

When Brown told the officer she had children and could not go to jail, the officer then replied, "I guess we're going to handle this in an adult manner," the lawsuit said.

According to the Daily News, Days held this over Brown's head through December 2014:

The officer had sex with the woman in his police car, a hotel and his home, the suit asserts. At one point he purportedly handed Brown a prepaid cellphone so he could arrange the meetings.

He once forced her to have unprotected sex and Brown arranged for an emergency meeting with her doctor to screen herself for any sexually transmitted diseases, the lawsuit claims.

On Dec. 30, Days was involved in the fatal shooting of 36-year-old Jerame Reid in Bridgeton. Dashboard camera footage shows both Days and Officer Roger Worley shooting Reid after he exited a vehicle following a heated verbal confrontation with the officers. Both Days and Worley have been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.

According to the Daily Journal, the Bridgeton Police Department has declined comment on Brown's lawsuit.

[via New York Daily News and the Daily Journal]

Mr. Days, what a fine outstanding citizen he is, clearly a disgrace to all LEO and to the human race as well...

Hopefully he will have a bubba in his near future.

If she gave him an STD I would expect charges for assaulting a police officer to be forthcoming.

FFS what's the point anymore....

A grand jury voted not to file charges against two police officers for fatally shooting a man in New Jersey who defied orders by stepping out of a car with his hands raised during a traffic stop, a killing captured by their patrol car's dashboard camera, prosecutors said Thursday.

http://www.newser.com/article/93d31c...rd-camera.html

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Brownshirts...

^^ The prospective jury pool for any Grand Jury or Trial Jury of a police shooting.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    NJ Copsuckers
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

hire cowards, cowards train cowards, you get cowards...

any questions?...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

^^ The prospective jury pool for any Grand Jury or Trial Jury of a police shooting.
    This micro aggression is causing me to trigger
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

These goons will "protect and serve" the sh1t out of us...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    NJ Copsuckers
    Ain't just Jersey....

No charges for New Jersey cop who fatally shot black man with hands up

Federal prosecutors on Monday declined to bring criminal charges against a police officer in New Jersey who fatally shot a black man as he exited a car with his hands raised during a routine traffic stop.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/r-no-...16-8?r=UK&IR=T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12