Thread: US Soldiers Reschedule Golf Course Wedding; Obama Plays 5th Round

US Soldiers Reschedule Golf Course Wedding; Obama Plays 5th Round

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...amas-golf-game

Natalie Heimel and her fiancé, Edward Mallue Jr.,

a pair of captains in the Army,

were walking from their wedding rehearsal on Saturday at the 16th tee box at Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course in Hawaii when they were informed they'd have to move their wedding, scheduled for the next day.

President Barack Obama wanted to play through.
    tube here

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/obamas...ony-in-hawaii/

in less than 24 hours they had to change everything they had planned
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...can-play-golf/

playing five rounds there in 10 days
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama...ry?id=27880910
    Last edited by presence; 12-30-2014 at 09:44 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I work at a golf course and one thing I can tell you is that >90% of all golfers are pricks. they lie, cheat, get angry-drunk, and actually believe they are getting a "work out" while riding in a cart. perfect for politicians.

what a dumbass "sport" and a gullible bunch of consumers who will plunk down >$500 for a putter.... folks will mumble something about how wonderfully engineered and manufactured a flat-edge on a metal pole is.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    I work at a golf course and one thing I can tell you is that >90% of all golfers are pricks. they lie, cheat, get angry-drunk, and actually believe they are getting a "work out" while riding in a cart. perfect for politicians.

what a dumbass "sport" and a gullible bunch of consumers who will plunk down >$500 for a putter.... folks will mumble something about how wonderfully engineered and manufactured a flat-edge on a metal pole is.
    Well I haven't really golfed much in the last 15 years, I suppose it is possible things have changed but what you are talking about has not been my experience. You can get a really good putter for under $50.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I hope history will remember Obama to be one of the most arrogant presidents we've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post

Heh, the movie "Caddy Shack" exposes the truth about the $#@!ry Club sort. I used to go out to some after finagling an invite , with my dads old clubs, tennis shoes, garish last century golphering duds, a bottle of whiskey, and just $#@! up their day. Until I was banned. Ahh, a youth not wasted. I was actually pretty damned good. If there was one perk of the military it was golf courses. And I learned a lot from my dad on them.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-30-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Heh, the movie "Caddy Shack" exposes the truth about the $#@!ry Club sort. I used to go out to some after finagling an invite , with my dads old clubs, tennis shoes, garish last century golphering duds, a bottle of whiskey, and just $#@! up their day. Until I was banned. Ahh, a youth not wasted. I was actually pretty damned good. If there was one perk of the military it was golf courses. And I learned a lot from my dad on them.
    Join?

I wouldn't join this crummy snobotorium if you paid me.

The only reason I hang around is because I might buy the joint.

B-B-B-BUY Bushwood???!!!
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    B-B-B-BUY Bushwood???!!!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In all fairness, the manager of the golf course told the bridge and groom they had to move. Obama it seems was unaware. He did call them to apologize. You can find this all out with the links provided.

All those who criticize golfers and their clubs are triple digit scorers.

Hacks.

Duffers.

his fault for enlisting and having to serve on a base, this is dumb news .

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Bush used to jog with injured troops besides golfing, Obama does not seem to engage in same activities.

Ahhh, that's nice of him.

Bush used to jog with injured troops besides golfing, Obama does not seem to engage in same activities.

One has no legs

One has no brain

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    One has no legs

One has no brain

Sadly he has enough brains to fool a nation.

Who cares?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    All those who criticize golfers and their clubs are triple digit scorers.

Hacks.

Duffers.
    Too true. I find that most people who think golf isn't a sport have either never actually played, or simply aren't good enough to consider the physical and mental discipline required to become good at the game. As someone who regularly walks and carries in 90+ degree weather, I can definitely say the game can be downright grueling, especially in tournament situations.

As for the country club set - they're not threatening once you realize that the snobbish ones are usually terrible players, and the really good players are a delight to be around most of the time.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Too true. I find that most people who think golf isn't a sport have either never actually played, or simply aren't good enough to consider the physical and mental discipline required to become good at the game.
    Funny, some argue the same thing about bowling.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber