Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not bad for a fancy vacuum cleaner!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The old Kirby's was how women used to work out.
    Worked pretty well for bachelors too.

Twice a year whether needed or not.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    HA!

I had a Kenmore canister for at least 10 years and I loved that thing. It died about a year ago and since we have wood floors and only a few rugs I decided not to replace it but I sure wouldn't mind having a Roomba.
    If you have seen the movie, Runaway with Tom Selleck you wouldn't want one of those.

*scratches Roomba off wish list.

Fire department called after robot vacuum “attacks” sleeping owner

One day the robots may rebel against humans, taking control of the world and turning us into a relatively green source of energy. But today is not that day, even if one such robot did “attack” its owner in South Korea.

As you probably know, Roomba-like robot vacuums can be setup to automatically and regularly clean a room before returning to their station to recharge. After a few weeks or months of this routine happening you would be forgiven for forgetting it actually takes place, especially if the little robot cleans while you’re out. However, a 52-year-old woman in South Korea was asleep when her robot vacuum went to work, and it didn’t end well.

Clearly not expecting to find a sleeping woman on the floor it was cleaning, the vacuum managed to suck up her hair, which then got tangled inside the robot as well as causing her enough discomfort/pain to wake up. So what do you do when a robot vacuum eats your hair? You call the Fire Department of course.

What I find most surprising about this story is the fact that this woman managed to sleep while the vacuum went about its business. These robots are not quiet, and having one moving around, especially on a wooden floor, would certainly create a lot of noise. Enough to wake most people up I imagine. She’s also lucky this wasn’t the Dyson 360 Eye, because the amount of suction Dyson’s vacuums achieve may be enough to rip the hair clean out.

The Fire Department came through for the woman, managing to detach the robot from her head without further injury to either party. Whether the robot vacuum still has a job in that household is unknown. A quick timing adjustment should solve the problem, though. Maybe using a pillow and a hair band to sleep might be wise in future just to be doubly sure no more accidents happen.

http://www.geek.com/news/fire-depart...owner-1615192/

^^^prettee scawwee.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

*scratches Roomba off wish list
    Somehow, "I told you so", just doesn't cut it.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I love this vacuum cleaner!

Not bad for a fancy vacuum cleaner! Inventor James Dyson 'now owns more land in England than the Queen'
    I hate to break it to Jimmy, but he don't own $#@!. He may be leasing more land than the queen, but he doesn't own a square inch... erm... centimeter.

Oh, and anyone who'd pay $600 for a vacuum cleaner needs to have their head examined. For that outlay, it damned better have a "dick" attachment.
    Last edited by osan; 02-09-2015 at 12:01 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I hate to break it to Jimmy, but he don't own $#@!. He may be leasing more land than the queen, but he doesn't own a square inch... erm... centimeter.

Oh, and anyone who'd pay $600 for a vacuum cleaner needs to have their head examined. For that outlay, it damned better have a "dick" attachment.
    That's still too expensive, even with the "dick" attachment. For that much cash it should mow my lawn and clean my house thoroughly, without any interference from me.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    We have an old red Miele canister. About the only vacuum that will get pitbull hair out of carpet. Damn thing holds it's value better than any car. The store has a used wall and they resale used almost for what we paid new.
    Yeah, that is what I want to get; a Miele. One of the very few that doesn't spew out dust. I have an early Dyson. Still works and all, but it does now what it always did, release some dust through one of the ill-fitting plastic pieces. I'll never get a bagless again. I knew better, but went for it anyway.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I happened to be checking out Prime Day deals and noticed the Roomba has an Alexa enabled version.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited by Suzanimal; 07-17-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: I spelled checking cahecking. Almost left it because I kinda like cahecking. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12