Thread: After NYC Deaths, a Surge of Support for Police

After NYC Deaths, a Surge of Support for Police

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi donned a New York Police Department T-shirt on stage. Well-wishers delivered home-baked cookies by the hundreds to police in Cincinnati. In Mooresville, North Carolina, police and sheriff's officers were treated by residents to a chili dinner.

At a time when many in the nation's police community feel embattled, Americans in cities and towns across the country are making an effort to express support and gratitude.

"I'm showing a little solidarity for my brothers in the NYPD and all of those who protect and serve us every day," Bon Jovi told a cheering crowd at his concert Monday in Red Bank, New Jersey.

The surge of support is linked to two distinct but overlapping developments.

More: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/u...olice-27806721

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At a time when many in the nation's police community feel embattled
    Cry me a river.

When citizens are SWAT raiding 80,000 cops' homes a year and randomly shaking them down for their assets and throwing a couple million of them in jail, then get back to me.

That said: Bon Jovi and New Jersey?

A washed up 80's pop rocker doesn't need much stage presence to whip up support for the police state amongst the Stockholm Syndrome addled denizens of NJ.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-24-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Police are overcompensated. Plus, they do the bidding of the crooked political class. While I understand that is difficult with having a target on your back 24/7, I have a simple answer, "quit if it is too taxing."

good ol' finger in the dike 'bon effin jovi'...glad i don't have any of his albums...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    good ol' finger in the dike 'bon effin jovi'...glad i don't have any of his albums...
    Didn't I read somewhere he's an ex-kop?

Boobus is rallying. Thank you police.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I have a simple answer, "quit if it is too taxing."
    Yeah.... and police actually have that option.

We don't.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Cry me a river.

When citizens are SWAT raiding 80,000 cops homes a year and randomly shaking them down for their assets and throwing a couple million of them in jail, then get back to me.

That said: Bon Jovi and New Jersey?

A washed up 80's pop rocker doesn't need much stage presence to whip up support for the police state amongst the Stockholm Syndrome addled denizens of NJ.
    Neither here nor there but...Bon Jovi was the highest grossing act of 2013 also 2010.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Neither here nor there but...Bon Jovi was the highest grossing act of 2013 also 2010.
    ''i'm a cowboy''...tells me all i need to know. He hates the Seahawks...fug em..

Copsuckers gonna suck cops. Until the jackboot is on their neck or they get swatted. Then most of 'em will just be confused.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ''i'm a cowboy''...tells me all i need to know. He hates the Seahawks...fug em..
    He was getting ready to buy the Buffalo Bills last I heard. I'm pretty sure he's not a Cowboy fan.

Are you kidding me?
    Says more about the music of 2010 and 2013 than it does about Bon Jovi.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    ^^This.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you kidding me?
    Also 2008.

Old farts that settled down and made some money shelling out bucks for their 'glory days.'

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Police are overcompensated. Plus, they do the bidding of the crooked political class. While I understand that is difficult with having a target on your back 24/7, I have a simple answer, "quit if it is too taxing."
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yeah.... and police actually have that option.

We don't.
    True. I think there are things you can do to mitigate the risk as pragmatic measures (though I also understand its an injustice that we have to) but we can't totally get away from the police state.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Touche'

Someone please rep the Capt. for me, I'm out.

Also 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Well-wishers delivered home-baked cookies by the hundreds to police in Cincinnati. In Mooresville, North Carolina, police and sheriff's officers were treated by residents to a chili dinner.
    This may be a waste of time -- I've seen cops online saying that they won't eat any homemade food they are given, it just goes in the trash (for the same reason some cops won't eat fast food while in uniform).