Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arizona should tell the S.C. “NO” on drivers licenses for illegal entrants

Arizona should tell the S.C. “NO” on drivers licenses for illegal entrants

SEE: Supreme Court says Arizona must issue driver's licenses to immigrant 'Dreamers'

The Supreme Court on Wednesday dealt Arizona another setback in its battle with the Obama administration over immigration policy, deciding the state must offer driver’s licenses to young immigrants who entered the country illegally as children but were later shielded from deportation as part of a federal program..

In a 6-3 order, the justices turned down an emergency appeal from outgoing Gov. Jan Brewer, who argued that the state had the right to decide who gets a driver’s license.

The State of Arizona should ignore the Supreme Court’s ruling and Jan Brewer should issue an Executive Order forbidding DMV employees to issue licenses to illegal entrants who are not a citizen of the State of Arizona.

The authority to issue drivers licenses comes under a state’s reserved powers dealing with privileges, and is protected by the 10th Amendment.

Every State Governor and its employees which decide to follow the Supreme Court would be in violation of their oath of office to support and defend our Constitution and they would be willing accomplices in our federal government’s ongoing tyranny!

We were warned about submitting to tyranny and despotism:

”Submit to despotism for an hour and you concede the principle. John Adams said, in 1775, “Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud.” It is the only thing a people determined to be free can do. Republics have often failed, and have been succeeded by the most revolting despotisms; and always it was the voice of timidity, cowardice, or false leaders counseling submission, that led to the final downfall of freedom. It was the cowardice and treachery of the Senate of Rome that allowed the usurper to gain power, inch by inch, to overthrow the Republic. The history of the downfall of Republics is the same in all ages. The first inch that is yielded to despotism - the first blow, dealt at the Constitution, that is not resisted - is the beginning of the end of the nations ruin.” ___ THE OLD GUARD, A MONTHLY JOURNAL DEVOTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF 1776 AND 1787.

It's time for the States to rise to the occasion and confront our tyrannical supreme court and hold its members in contempt of our Constitution and the documented intentions and beliefs under which it was adopted!

JWK

"The Constitution is the act of the people, speaking in their original character, and defining the permanent conditions of the social alliance; and there can be no doubt on the point with us, that every act of the legislative power contrary to the true intent and meaning of the Constitution, is absolutely null and void. ___ Chancellor James Kent, in his Commentaries on American Law (1858)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Gov Brewer caves in to federal tyranny. Will give licenses to illegals!

SEE:Young illegal immigrants to line up for driver's licenses

December 22, 2014

”PHOENIX – Many young immigrants who are protected from deportation under new Obama administration policies are expected Monday to begin pursuing Arizona driver's licenses.

The Arizona Department of Transportation said it is anticipating a rush of immigrant applicants in the weeks ahead at Motor Vehicle Division offices statewide”

You can bet the thousands who get a license will vote in the 2016 election. But make no mistake, Governor Jan Brewer who pretends to be against this, will not do her duty to issue her own Executive “memorandum” to counter Obama’s memorandum, and tell her state employees to not issue licenses to illegal entrants who are not a citizen of the State of Arizona. I always knew Jan was a fraud without any spine.

JWK

If the American People do not rise up and defend their existing Constitution and the intentions and beliefs under which it was adopted, who is left to do so but the very people it was designed to control and regulate?

I'd be impressed if they said "NO!" to drivers licenses period.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    The authority to issue drivers licenses comes under a state’s reserved powers dealing with privileges, and is protected by the 10th Amendment.
    Well if that's so, then the authority to declare who is and is not a citizen is also a state reserved power, and so is the authority to disallow entrance to and enact deportation from the US. Because none of that is explicitly granted to the federal government.
    It's ridiculous to assert that the federal government is OK neutering the 10th amendment, until it's something that we don't like.

But you know what **IS** in the US Constitution?
    "No bill of attainder... shall ever be passed"
    This isn't limited to the federal government: this is absolute. Nowhere within the United States shall a bill of attainder ever be passed.

If Arizona passes a law banning non-Cititzens from getting drivers licenses, that is a bill of attainder and is, by the letter of the constitution, very unconstitutional.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

D'oh, sorry, I didn't notice at first they think AZ should do it by EO. So it's A-OK!
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'd be impressed if they said "NO!" to drivers licenses period.
    THIS!!!!!!
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

.... really I don't know if I care right now. Im not a fan of state identification cards, my heart is in the ruggedness of this land and I know my roots. My grandparents were here before it became Arizona in 1912, and driving in the 1920s in the desert before there were roads. They were citizens of Arizona before the social security card was even assigned to every citizen in the nation . A free nation, and free people don't need this $#@!, its all these barriers and walls of corporations that has lobbied for it, and the fear mongering over immigration is ridiculous in retrospective...people actually believe they have fair elections anyhow? Seriously, this previous election...entire precincts were not allowed to vote, I know eye witnesses who worked at polling centers that had to turn away voters because their votes were already somehow cast illegally without them ever voting. Stopping people from learning how to drive, or being able to drive is just another "war on drugs" type of situation it doesnt work. As for insurance purposes...maybe cars and trucks wouldn't be so expensive if they weren't subsidized by government for $#@!ty designed american models of vehicles, and if people would actually take more seriously the consequences of a road without big brother insurance to bail everyone out for reckless behavior/reckless accidents. I sound crazy, because I am..I was born in the wrong era.

What about insurance? Us mundanes are required to have auto insurance. Maybe they can have subsidized auto insurance or "affordable auto insurance" act.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    What about insurance? Us mundanes are required to have auto insurance. Maybe they can have subsidized auto insurance or "affordable auto insurance" act.
    Oh I see...complain about their chains and not your own chains routine that ones a new one...not.

Dreamers free to break the law, kill American Citizens, and remain in America!

SEE: No Prison Time, No Deportation for Illegal Immigrant Who Killed Two Girls

” A judge in Oregon has dismissed the deportation case against Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros, a 19-year-old illegal immigrant who killed two young girls in a hit-and-run car accident last year. Though Garcia-Cisneros was in the midst of removal proceedings, she is now released and will not face deportation. Garcia-Cisneros, who came from Mexico as a child, had permission to be in the country under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program instituted by President Obama in 2012.
    Snip-----

When President Obama first instituted DACA in June 2012, we were told by the administration and its supporters in both parties that these were children straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting – the next generation of physicists, mechanics, doctors, and lawyers. These were law-abiding “dreamers.”

Illegal entrants have become a privileged and protected class who are protected by tyrannical judges and Justices, in addition to being protected by our seditious Obama Administration.

Is it not time for the American People to take the situation in hand and start punishing judges and Justices who have become part of America’s most formidable domestic enemies by refusing to enforce our laws and our Constitution’s legislative intent?

JWK

The question is, is America on the verge of being defeated without a shot being fired?

dafuq wrong thread

” A judge in Oregon has dismissed the deportation case against Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros, a 19-year-old illegal immigrant who killed two young girls in a hit-and-run car accident last year. Though Garcia-Cisneros was in the midst of removal proceedings, she is now released and will not face deportation. Garcia-Cisneros, who came from Mexico as a child, had permission to be in the country under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program instituted by President Obama in 2012.
    Snip-----

When President Obama first instituted DACA in June 2012, we were told by the administration and its supporters in both parties that these were children straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting – the next generation of physicists, mechanics, doctors, and lawyers. These were law-abiding “dreamers.”

Illegal entrants have become a privileged and protected class who are protected by tyrannical judges and Justices, in addition to being protected by our seditious Obama Administration.

Is it not time for the American People to take the situation in hand and start punishing judges and Justices who have become part of America’s most formidable domestic enemies by refusing to enforce our laws and our Constitution’s legislative intent?

JWK

The question is, is America on the verge of being defeated without a shot being fired?
    It could have been a legitimate accident and maybe she did not know what was happening, I do not know. I wouldn't just automatically say shes a cold blooded killer, perhaps the proper route would be community service and not to send another person to prison...what does prison do to people. She says she didnt know anyone was playing in a pile of leaves, I do not have the evidence in front of me to understand the situation fully, but bottom line is that she might really be sorry about it, maybe her status as being "illegal alien" made her fear as well in the situation if she was aware. What is a just punishment? community service, reparation. People make mistakes sometimes, im just sick and tired of people using "illegal alien" as a phrase to demonize a human being , americans do this kind of stuff alll the time....sending them to prison is not going to correct whats already happened.

okay heres my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    It could have been a legitimate accident and maybe she did not know what was happening, I do not know. I wouldn't just automatically say shes a cold blooded killer, perhaps the proper route would be community service and not to send another person to prison...what does prison do to people. She says she didnt know anyone was playing in a pile of leaves, I do not have the evidence in front of me to understand the situation fully, but bottom line is that she might really be sorry about it, maybe her status as being "illegal alien" made her fear as well in the situation if she was aware. What is a just punishment? community service, reparation. People make mistakes sometimes, im just sick and tired of people using "illegal alien" as a phrase to demonize a human being , americans do this kind of stuff alll the time....sending them to prison is not going to correct whats already happened.

okay heres my reply.

I posted about this a while back with a comment that I have not verified, but here it is....

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Why is it a problem for illegal immigrants to have driver's licenses?

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    Why is it a problem for illegal immigrants to have driver's licenses?
    Because then they will have the freedom of travel that is the birth right of all AmeriKans.

The DREAM Act only provides qualifying youths permanent residency status, not citizenship. If it was the honest intent of Congress to effect immigrants as bona fide American citizens, guaranteed to all our rights and immunities, then they poorly succeeded by their legislative act of law; otherwise what is there to stop the USSC from obliging non-citizens or ‘residents’, as an equal protection, the right to vote and the like? So in any case, Fourteenth Amendment protections don’t really apply here (while further noting however, that in certain federal statutes, permanent residents are treated as U.S. citizens for the purposes of specified public law, such as federal income taxation).

In Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, the Congress has exclusive authority over immigration policies: “To establish a uniform rule of naturalization”, this is however an entirely distinctive issue than the individual privilege of lawfully driving around in a vehicle within a given state.

Within Section I of Article IV (ibid) only ‘citizens’ are mentioned as its scope.

The Court’s reliance upon the equal protections clause (“nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws”), would appear to be gravely misplaced, while sounding like the inverse argument constantly extolled by federal bureaucrats in order to support their own political agendas, e.g., indirect taxes only need to be applied uniformly with respect to geography, but not by individual or business. However, does this methodology not render the DREAM Act itself as being discriminatory towards the ages of certain immigrants but not others? Is there any rational reasoning for providing voting rights to citizens, while denying such to permanent residents? Are not the equal protections of such individuals being violated in all such cases?

Although in reality, so long as all individuals not meeting the state’s own long-established mandates for acquiring state licenses hath been denied then nobody has been treated unequally. If the state’s legislature felt compelled to first require proof of birth and/or citizenship to drive within their state as per its internal public decrees then that is by no means an “irrational reason”.

The equal protections clause holds a proper breadth of addressing concerns as to the age, race, gender, caste, religion, and other such personal preferences of its citizens, e.g., punishing only blacks, rewarding only the wealthy, discriminating aqainst females, servitude, etc.

A bill of attainder, is more-so directed upon the Congress than the states, however it pertains to being punished or killed by a mere writ, it does not bear to being denied state granted privileges, such as the receipt of a driver’s license.

Personally, I don’t see where the USSC found the authority to make such a ruling. The qualifications and issuance of driver’s licenses would seem to clearly exist as an intrastate power and neither is it irrational to require proof of citizenship as a requisite to obtaining a state license; also it is highly doubtful that there is even a section within the DREAM Act addressing that state driving privileges must be granted to those covered by the act. Leaving this as nothing more than a blatant overreach by the federal government, and mission creep from the bench.
    Last edited by Weston White; 12-24-2014 at 05:46 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Because then they will have the freedom of travel that is the birth right of all AmeriKans.
    The right to travel is the right of every human being.

A drivers license is unconstitutional.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

A drivers license is unconstitutional.
    Glad you got my sarcasm.

A drivers license is unconstitutional
    No it isn't.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Snip-----

JWK

This is just straight-up racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No it isn't.
    Yes, it is. The right to travel is part of being human. Licenses were solely for things that would otherwise be illegal.

Now we have to have a license to drive and a license to get married- BOTH of which are lawful actions.
    There is no spoon.

Eliminate public roads, driver licensing, and borders. Ta Da!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Yes, it is. The right to travel is part of being human. Licenses were solely for things that would otherwise be illegal.

Now we have to have a license to drive and a license to get married- BOTH of which are lawful actions.
    You have rights. But you also have the right to contract. You can surrender rights voluntarily.

Article I, section 10, clause 1. It states:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts...

You have the right to travel, not "drive."

Driving is a legally defined term under state's commerce section in the Motor Vehicle section.

Which make it a privilege, not a right. Just the same as the Income Tax. You participate in an activity that is by its nature a voluntary taxable event. Don't want to be taxed, don't participate in a taxable activity. Most not knowing this. Ignorance of the law... But is it is a good gig for tax tics.

Unless you are involved in commerce, you need not register your conveyance nor possess a drivers license.

But we all know that makes life difficult for the small battles won. So I prefer to stick to the bigger ones for now, taxation. Read up on that, starting with my signature.
    Last edited by Danke; 12-23-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

The Supreme Court makes every issue a national issue. It is no wonder nothing ever gets done.

State laws must be approved from on high.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You have rights. But you also have the right to contract. You can surrender rights voluntarily.

Article I, section 10, clause 1. It states:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts...

You have the right to travel, not "drive."

Driving is a legally defined term under state's commerce section in the Motor Vehicle section.

Which make it a privilege, not a right. Just the same as the Income Tax. You participate in an activity that is by its nature a voluntary taxable event. Don't want to be taxed, don't participate in a taxable activity. Most not knowing this. Ignorance of the law... But is it is a good gig for tax tics.

Unless you are involved in commerce, you need not register your conveyance nor possess a drivers license.

But we all know that makes life difficult for the small battles won. So I prefer to stick to the bigger ones for now, taxation. Read up on that, starting with my signature.
    And people not understanding what constitutes inalienable rights is the reason we are in the mess we are in.
    Last edited by Ender; 12-24-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    There is no spoon.

And people not understanding what constitutes inalienable rights is the reason we are in the mess we are in.
    And you have a inalienable right to drive on the property of others without their consent or following their rules? Yup, seems that "people not understanding what constitutes inalienable rights is the reason we are in the mess we are in."

JWK

They are not “liberals”. They are conniving parasites who use the cloak of government force to steal the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have worked to create

Licenses are issued for a number of rights that are regulated by a community, such as driving on its public roads. No, you don’t have to have a license to get married. Common law marriages do not require a license. A married couple who wants their “marriage” recognized by the state is a different story.

Now, getting back to the subject of the thread, do you think Gov. Brewer should issue her own Executive “Memorandum” , as Obama does, and prohibit state employees to issue driver’s licenses to illegal entrants who are not a citizen of the State of Arizona?

JWK

Official ceremonial church weddings are also recognized as valid marriages by the state.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

And you have a inalienable right to drive on the property of others without their consent or following their rules? Yup, seems that "people not understanding what constitutes inalienable rights is the reason we are in the mess we are in."

JWK
    The property of "who" exactly? Oh yeah- ALL of us- including the immigrants you despise; they also pay taxes.
    There is no spoon.

Licenses are issued for a number of rights that are regulated by a community, such as driving on its public roads. No, you don’t have to have a license to get married. Common law marriages do not require a license. A married couple who wants their “marriage” recognized by the state is a different story.

Now, getting back to the subject of the thread, do you think Gov. Brewer should issue her own Executive “Memorandum” , as Obama does, and prohibit state employees to issue driver’s licenses to illegal entrants who are not a citizen of the State of Arizona?

JWK
    The "subject at hand" is your prejudice vs inalienable rights.

A common law marriage will not get anybody "benefits" and is NOT recognized by most of the states and only under certain circumstances by the few that do. The state should NEVER be involved in marriage or in any kind of lawful pursuit, including travel.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast