Thread: Driver ploughs into crowd in France's second 'Allahu Akbar' attack

Driver ploughs into crowd in France's second 'Allahu Akbar' attack

http://news.yahoo.com/man-shouting-a...211915875.html

Dijon (France) (AFP) - A driver shouting "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") ploughed into pedestrians in eastern France Sunday, injuring 11 of them, just a day after a man yelling the same words was killed in an attack on police officers.

Two of the people injured in the car attack in the city of Dijon were in a serious condition, a police source said, adding that the driver had been arrested.

"The man, born in 1974, is apparently unbalanced and had been in a psychiatric hospital," a source close to the investigation told AFP, adding that "for now his motives are still unclear".

The man had targeted groups of passersby at five different locations in the city on Sunday evening in a rampage that lasted around half an hour, the police source said.

"Nine people were lightly injured and two others seriously but their lives do not appear to be in danger," the source added.

Witnesses told police that the driver shouted "Allahu Akbar" and "that he was acting for the children of Palestine", a source close to the investigation said.

View galleryPolicemen collect evidence on December 21, 2014 in …
    Policemen collect evidence on December 21, 2014 in Dijon at the site where a driver shouting "A …
    Police sources said the driver was known to police for petty offences dating back to the 1990s.

On a street in the city centre traces of blood and attempts by authorities to cover it up with sand could be seen, AFP journalists there said. Nearby, victims and their families were being cared for at a hospital.

Dijon prosecutor Marie-Christine Tarrare refused to comment when contacted by AFP.

Prime Minister Manuel Valls took to Twitter to express "solidarity" with those injured in the attack.

France is still reeling from a suspected radical Islamic attack on Saturday that saw a French convert to Islam shot dead after attacking police officers with a knife while also reportedly crying "Allahu Akbar" in the central town of Joue-les-Tours.

View galleryA police car is parked outside the police station of …
    A police car is parked outside the police station of Joue les-Tours on December 20, 2014 where Frenc …
    - 'Lone wolf' fears -

The assailant, Burundi-born French national, Bertrand Nzohabonayo seriously injured two officers -- slashing one in the face -- and hurting another.

The 20-year-old attacker also cried "Allahu Akbar" during the assault, said a source close to the case speaking on condition of anonymity.

The assault prompted the government to step up security at police and fire stations nationwide.

Nzohabonayo had previously committed petty offences but was not on a domestic intelligence watch-list although his brother is known for his radical views and once pondered going to Syria, the source said.

View galleryPolice officers take a cover during an operation outside …
    Police officers take a cover during an operation outside the cafe where a gunman had taken people ca …
    The anti-terror branch of the Paris prosecutor's office has opened a probe into that attack, with the line of inquiry focusing on whether it was motivated by radical Islam.

The weekend incidents in France come as governments around the world brace for so-called "lone wolf" attacks by individuals returning from waging jihad abroad, or who are simply following Islamic State group calls for violence in the countries involved in a coalition fighting the militants in Iraq and Syria.

The group has repeatedly singled out France for such attacks, most recently in a video posted on jihadist sites this week.

Last week in Australia, an Iranian-born Islamist with a history of extremism and violence entered a cafe and held people hostage for 16 hours before being killed. Two of the hostages also died.

Last year in France, a recent convert to Islam also stabbed a soldier in the busy Paris commercial complex and transport hub of La Defense.

And the main suspect in the murders of four people at Brussels' Jewish Museum in May, Mehdi Nemmouche, spent more than a year fighting with extremists in Syria.

Authorities in France believe around 1,200 nationals or residents are involved in one way or another in jihadist networks in Iraq and Syria.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So how come these jihadists dont go after the leadership? It seems to me there are plenty of opportunity to do something if they wanted. They know exactly where our leaders are . The other french attack was against police. While the police one was on the right track, the police isnt the one killing muslims overseas.

Remember What Sen John McCain said about Allahu Akbar?

This proves that the Islamist fighters always say this while before battle, proves McCain wrong though.

This will only help Marine Le Penn and the Front National.

Ban cars. Problem solved.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    So how come these jihadists dont go after the leadership? It seems to me there are plenty of opportunity to do something if they wanted. They know exactly where our leaders are . The other french attack was against police. While the police one was on the right track, the police isnt the one killing muslims overseas.
    I think the idea is to demonstrate to the western world that their citizenry is never safe. Pretty much trying to make us understand how they feel in their homelands.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

There is another guy in France who plowed into a crowd yelling Allah ackbar. Poor france... 2 car attacks and a knife attack in 3 days.

The implied meaning of "Allah akbar " is "I've lost my freakin mind".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think the idea is to demonstrate to the western world that their citizenry is never safe. Pretty much trying to make us understand how they feel in their homelands.
    Yeah, but two wrongs dont make a right. It doesn't make anyone sympathize or support the Muslim civilian deaths if they start specifically killing civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Yeah, but two wrongs dont make a right. It doesn't make anyone sympathize or support the Muslim civilian deaths if they start specifically killing civilians.
    Yeah, I don't think they're after sympathy. They want the infidels to share their pain; share their fear.

Vegas bump.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

People should not be allowed to drive cars when we have the technology ensure everyone's safety with driverless cars. There should be a law! - (R/D) Establishment supporter quote from the year 2030.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Vegas bump.
    Was she yelling "Allahu Akbar"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Was she yelling "Allahu Akbar"?
    She was driving an assault vehicle.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yeah, I don't think they're after sympathy. They want the infidels to share their pain; share their fear.
    It's not about sharing pain and fear. This is where it would be really good if people did some study on Islamic doctrine.
    Most jihadis are motivated to jihad because when a jihadi dies furthering the spread of islam (even if by conquest), they then are rewarded with intercession for 70 of their family members.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

How many Frenchmen died today by drinking too much wine and driving off the road?

How many drowned in the bathtub?

How many died this year from lightening strikes, compared to the fatalities caused by the snakbars?

...people need to get some perspective, and get less scared.

People are $#@!ing pussies...

These barbarian goat-herders are not a threat, any more than lightening, anyway.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ban cars guns. Problem solved.
    Fixed that for you.

Regards,

-Barack Hussein Obama
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    The implied meaning of "Allah akbar " is "I've lost my freakin mind".
    driving the other day I saw a nevada plate with alahkbr on the plate. Took a picture but don't have a way to post it.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito