Thread: Watch 5,000 Years of Religion Take Place Before Your Very Eyes in Under 90 Seconds

Watch 5,000 Years of Religion Take Place Before Your Very Eyes in Under 90 Seconds

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I thought the video was neat.

Watch 5,000 Years of Religion Take Place Before Your Very Eyes in Under 90 Seconds

Religious history is a complicated and sensitive subject. A map video of how religions have spread throughout time could certainly shed light on a lot of the issues that the world is facing today.

This quick and easy-to-watch video shows how Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity and Islam were founded and spread. The color-coded bars at the bottom matching the religions on the map show a basic timeline. Among the seminal points in religious history:

The birth of Krishna, important for the Hindu religion, is put at around 3228 B.C.
    The birth of Abraham, one of the key points in Judeo-Christianity, is put at circa 1800 B.C.
    The birth of Buddha (or Siddhartha Gautama) is commonly believed to be around 563 B.C.
    The crucifixion of Christ is cited to have occurred in 32 A.D.
    The birth of Muhammad is put at 570 A.D.

An important event that can be seen on the map is the cause of the Jewish diaspora in 587 B.C., when the kingdom of Judea was sacked by the Babylonians.

Furthermore, one can see the spread of Islam after Muhammad’s death in 632 A.D. Finally, one can see the Islamic inroads into Europe and the Christian response with the crusades from 1095-1291.

While the rise of Christianity over the world is spectacular, the number of Islamic believers has been growing rapidly. The CIA puts the number of Christian believers at 2.2 billion; this is followed by Islamic believers at 1.6 billion; atheists are put at around 1.1 billion; Hindus at around 1 billion; and Buddhists near 376 million. Various religions total less than 100 million.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/12/2204...es-90-seconds/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kinda interesting. Not surprisingly, the comment section quickly turned into a bunch of stupid bigots circle-jerking. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Kinda interesting. Not surprisingly, the comment section quickly turned into a bunch of stupid bigots circle-jerking. :P
    I didn't read the comments. Thanks for the heads up, I won't bother.

Nothing about leprechauns, either.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Nothing about leprechauns, either.
    My, that was random! lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

My, that was random! lulz
    not really.
    -Albert Camus

No mention of Sumerian Religions, or the Egyptian ,, or any of the European religions.
    No mention of The Khazar Empire that separated other empires.

seems to have a narrow focus.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No mention of Sumerian Religions, or the Egyptian ,, or any of the European religions.

Indeed... nothing appears to have been in South America driving the construction of all those fabulous pyramids.
    No Zoroastrians either.

The worst part of the video is that it perpetuates this notion that Christianity was confined to the Mediterranean region.
    Missionaries got to India fairly immediately. The local tradition in India is that St Thomas was the one who went out there - the doubting Thomas who actually was one of the disciples.
    China had its own Christian bishop until the 8th century.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

The focus was on the major religions of today.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Where's Atheism?

-Albert Camus

Pretty cool. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Still missed some.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

How about J. R. "BOB" DOBBS Church of the SubGenius?

http://www.subgenius.com/